Sign in to follow this  
Akahi

A Question and Possible sugestion

I have a question about events and a possible suggestion. If you miss an event is it possible to get the prizes you missed in a new event?

If the answer is "no" I think a good idea is one that I have seen in Star Trek Online where they have a "Phoenix Event".

Essentially it's a lockbox event but how it works is that the game gives you one free box to open (actually a master key to open the box but it works out to the same thing).

Depending on the level of the box you get a menu from items that are useful or just decorative to an actual T6 (high level) ship. You also have the opportunity to acquire items from events you may have missed.

This event can go on through a weekend to a couple of days (I think I seen it run for a week at one time but don't hold me to that). So every day the event is run you get one box or key a day with the chance of getting some cool freebies. The part the dev's would like is that you can also purchase extra keys to open more boxes a day.

In this type of event STO sees a surge in population because there is not one gamer on the planet that doesn't hear the call of the freebie siren and wants all the free stuff they can get. The game company itself doesn't really lose anything because alot of folks will buy the extra boxes just to try to get some of the more high end items.
Anyway just a question and suggestion because I would like to see the game do well as I am so far enjoying alot of aspects of it.

P.S. Sorry if any confusion is caused by mentioning "master keys" and the lockboxes. The boxes are free but you need a key to open them in that game.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Dood what events tho. There are no events in APB since over a year.

#hardfacts

Oh I was referring to the Halloween Event they had a few years back (the one I remember participating in) . Also I think there was a Easter Event as well.  Unless they have something where they became free items like the pumpkin head. To be honest I was interested in the chicken head or rooster head . Those look pretty funny.

52 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
1 hour ago, Clandestine said:

Dood what events tho. There are no events in APB since over a year.

#hardfacts
#artifacts
47 minutes ago, Kadama said:

Oh I was referring to the Halloween Event they had a few years back (the one I remember participating in) . Also I think there was a Easter Event as well.  Unless they have something where they became free items like the pumpkin head. To be honest I was interested in the chicken head or rooster head . Those look pretty funny.

Aight. I think any overhaul of upcoming events would be good.

Sign in to follow this