Sign in to follow this  
mojical

PMG suggestion

I'm quoting the post I made on a different thread since an in-game developer told me during the prototype testing it was better to post in-depth suggestions on separate threads. This is about possible changes to the PMG, which many players (myself included) feel is overpowered and too one-dimensional at the moment.

What I'd do is simply lowering bloom recovery to the point that holding down LMB leaves you with hipfire-STAR level accuracy at best, and require tap firing at an interval of about 0.250s to completely negate bloom. That would have a double benefit, first off it would make the weapon more balanced compared to other SMGs and especially carbines, but also give it a unique playstyle within the SMG category so it can differentiate itself from the also bloomless OCA. 

These stats would accomplish the above:
Shot Modifier Cap: 0.50 -> 2.00
Recovery Per Second:  7.20 -> 3.60

(Effective bloom per shot: ca. 0.23 from 0.00)

Effectively, this would mean that after 8 shots are fired, the PMG would reach its bloom cap and become inaccurate much like a hipfired assault rifle. Firing more slowly or in bursts can easily mitigate that bloom, making the weapon still more than viable. Also, Cooling Jacket would be situational and risky rather than a straight upgrade.

Edited by Lyfeld
typo
  • Like 2