Sign in to follow this  
Uqe

Fullscreen Crashes

I recently started getting this issue where sometimes when I alt-tab, alt-enter, or even change from fullscreen to windows in the in-game options, it completely breaks the game. Recently, I decided to get an SSD and reformat entirely with the OS and APB on the SSD, but I am still getting the same crashes with or without the advanced launcher.

If I alt-tab it looks like this:

qiTrzIE.png

If I alt-enter it looks the same except it's white instead of gray.

Edit: I can still hear in-game audio and according to others I am still in-game, I just can't access the game or go back into it. Results in me ending the game through task mgr.

Edited by Uqe

I get this a few times if I startup my PC and immediately launch APB.

I found one of the Startup programs on my pc was causing the issue. Take a screenshot of all your processes in Task Manager when it occurs, and the toolbar on the bottom right with apps that run in the background (where you would find steam etc)

Then its a process of elimination, you need to end it one at a time and try alt tabbing from APB each time until it stops, then you've found the problem.

I get the same issue with Overwatch, the game launches but immediately minimizes to my desktop until i've closed down my processes that startup on boot.

Also, running overlays on top of APB may also cause this.

Also, update your graphics card to the latest drivers or rollbackup if this issue happened after updating.

Edited by iPlumbum

run game -> at menu options -> choose windowed borderless -> apply -> exit from game. saved settings and now try play game and use freely alt-tab but remember DO not use alt-enter to change screen to full as issue will came back. I got this issue a lot of times and a lot of different games at specially for heavily games R6S example at extreme setts

Edited by Dahel

Turns out it was an overlay of mine. I'm not sure why it's happening as I've used it before with no issues. I kind of don't want to switch to borderless cuz i want to get the most performance out of fullscreen mode. Time to find out why it's causing the issue.

Edited by Uqe

1 hour ago, Uqe said:

Turns out it was an overlay of mine. I'm not sure why it's happening as I've used it before with no issues. I kind of don't want to switch to borderless cuz i want to get the most performance out of fullscreen mode. Time to find out why it's causing the issue.

who said fullscreen vs borderless better performance... lies .)