Unclean

SBRS still needs love..

I know the weapon updates were a small step towards more updates and bring irrelevant weapons up to meta standard, but the SBRS still needs love. There's no point in using it when a DMR-AV does everything better and hardly anyone uses a DMR either.. my advice is to half the recoil on both models again and increase the hard damage. Keep the health damage to a 3-shot kill, but up the hard damage so that people in cars have to actually think twice before rushing in like with the ALIG, SWARM, and Shredder.

Edited by Unclean

5 minutes ago, Unclean said:

I know the weapon updates were a small step towards more updates and bring irrelevant weapons up to meta standard, but the SBRS still needs love. There's no point in using it when a DMR does everything better and hardly anyone uses a DMR either.. my advice is to half the recoil on both models again and increase the hard damage. Keep the health damage to a 3-shot kill, but up the hard damage so that people in cars have to actually think twice before rushing in like with the ALIG, SWARM, and Shredder.

You forgot to add the DMR-AV. It may look like a stupid's weapon, but people(*) have learned to avoid cars or GTFOing as fast as they can when one is around.

But yeah, the SBSR looks so neat, and yet so dramatically irrelevant. I have seen maybe just one guy playing god with it, but otherwise it's a rare sight. I have better chances of spotting Genobee's personal OSMAW.

(*) those that survived, at least. Edited by Solista2050

8 minutes ago, Solista2050 said:
You forgot to add the DMR-AV. It may look like a stupid's weapon, but people(*) have learned to avoid cars or GTFOing as fast as they can when one is around.

(*) those that survived, at least.
That's what I meant.. I'll change it lol

It's weird that the DMR-AV does so much hard damage, but then SBRS seems to do so little Edited by Unclean

As a DMR main I feel like SBSR needs another niche. Destrying cars is already done pretty decently by DMR-AV, which has the added benefit of doing more damage per shot on players and also a reverse dropoff mechanic that allows you to kill some cars and players A LOT faster sometimes. Right now we have a lot of sniper rifles that fulfill very different roles, so fitting SBSR-IRS into a unique niche can be pretty hard. Giving it a faster rate of fire and lowering recoil A LOT would probably make it alright, although Anubis being now decent kind gives it a run for his money.