Kewlin

Fix ARMAS Issues

It's not really gone un-noticed by anyone I don't think that some things on ARMAS are a bit wonky, or at least less than ideal, so I just wanted to make a list of some things that I think most people will agree are issues and need fixing. Note that all prices I mention, unless otherwise stated, will be for permanent account bound without premium.

1] Pricing for guns is entirely random; there's simply no consistency. Ideally, there should be a few consistent price setups for guns: E.G. ARMAS only primaries, in-game available primaries, and ARMAS only secondaries, and maybe preset primaries, (potentially changing depending on PR1 or PR2 in some cases,) (note that there are no in-game secondaries you can buy on ARMAS, though I personally think you should be able to buy the in-game role-locked secondaries, or something equivalent, on ARMAS.) Here are some examples of the insanity of ARMAS:

• The most expensive single gun on ARMAS is the Shredder SB R&D III at about $50, despite almost nobody liking it and it virtually universally being considered underpowered.
  • The FR0Gs are each different prices, with the best FR0G being the cheapest. (It's worth noting that the cheapest one doesn't come with skins like the other two, but I'll touch on that later in point 5.)
  • The secondaries with in-game meshes are all different random prices (Two at 1,799, and one each at 2,799, 3,499, and 2,899.)
  • Sometimes preset variants of guns are the same price, sometimes they're cheaper, and sometimes, as with the SHAW and ALIG, the preset variant is more expensive. Presets should either be the same price or cheaper across the board.
  • Many guns have bizarre price differences between seemingly equivalent variant and derivative guns, E.G. the ACES Rifle is more expensive than the ACES SMG, the ATAC 'Watchman' is far more expensive than the 'Patroller', the TAS20 - Stock costs more than the Tactical: the list goes on, I think you get the point.

2] Some guns were removed from ARMAS that really should not have been for no good reason:
  • STAR 556 LCR PR1, STAR 556 'LCR' PR2, and STAR 556 'LCR' 'Old Glory': The LCR is an entirely unique gun that cannot be obtained except a not so great version on the Joker Store, which isn't really sustainable if you actually want to use the gun consistently. Having it no longer obtainable at all is simply dumb. (Note that the Old Glory was never totally added to ARMAS.)
  • OCA-EW 626.2-SD 'Silverado': This is the only way you can have any level of CJ and a silencer on an OCA, since they're both red mods. The trade-off is that it's only CJ2, but still, it's not a terrible trade-off for a little less recoil necessarily. This is a unique and fun gun that should be available IMO, though it's not essential that it be added back, and I can see a case for it being a fun exclusive for older players who bought it before it was removed.
  • Colby SNR 850 PR1: I know a lot of people think the SNR is just a troll gun, but that doesn't mean people should be incapable of getting one of the two best versions of this gun, and the only permanent version that was readily available before it was removed.
  • N-HVR 762-SD PR2: Sniper rifles are one of the few categories where silencers are useful, considering that they're effective past radar range so being more quiet can give an advantage since you're not on the radar anyways. Better yet, you could put an N-HVR 762-SD DVAH (Sniper Silencer and two open slots) on ARMAS, since you can already obtain the Golden N-HVR 762-SD Dvah off of the Joker Store and the PSR 'Osprey' R&D III off of ARMAS, which is a reskin of the N-HVR 762 with a Sniper Silencer and two slots.

3] Additionally, the RAF exclusive guns, specifically the VBR 'Temptress' and Obeya CAP40-C NFCP 2 should be added to ARMAS, as they're unique and entirely unobtainable, only ever being obtainable through the unfinished RAF system that was on ARMAS. Alternatively, they could be added as loyalty rewards.

4] The Joker RFP-9 'Comanche' and ACT44 'Pillager' still say they're not skinnable, despite this being fixed ages ago. (Side note, the gun should be named " ACT 44 'Pillager' ".)

5] The distribution of the unique skins in the FR0G series of pistols needs to be fixed.
  • There are three pistols and six skins.
  • Two of the three pistols come with two skins each.
  • The third pistol comes with no skins.
  • The pack of all three pistols comes with two skins that are exclusive to the pack (six skins total.)
From this data it's clear to me that the original intent was for each pistol to come with two skins, but RP decided that they wanted to add a bundle, and put something exclusive in it as a marketing tactic, so they took two of the skins from one pistol and put them as exclusives for the bundle instead of making something to be an exclusive for the bundle. Please fix this and give each FR0G two skins, because ~31% off of the price is already enough incentive to buy the pack.

6] The Hazard skin is displayed on an AMG-556 'Medusa', which is not a skinnable gun. I believe the intent was probably to picture an AMG-556 'Euryale', but as it is showing the skin on a gun that you cannot put skins on is false advertising. Similarly, the Urban Spec Ops skin is displayed on a silenced variant of the N-HVR 762, which you can no longer obtain a skinnable version of (See point 2.)

7] Tons of images are missing off of ARMAS.

8] The pricing on kits and cars is extremely bizarre and random.

. . . and that's all of the main issues I can think of off of the top of my head, if anyone else has any to bring up I might add them to the OP, but please LO, fix your stuff man.
  • Like 5