Sign in to follow this  
N66

EAC Patch Replication Bugs

There seems to be some new networking issues that appeared with EAC's patch:

- Arresting people fails quite often, it shows the cop's arresting animation but not the criminal's, the UI radial bar appears normally, it just doesn't actually arrest, sometimes it works from the 1st attempt, at others it failed 8 times in a row (2 stuns).

- When capturing point hold, there is a significant delay before capturing starts.

- Teammate was disconnected due to timeout, we were on discord at that time and he had no internet connection issues.

- Got shot after hiding behind a permanently open Asylum door, a considerable time after taking cover, not the usual latency issue, could be that my position on the server was not updated

I'll throw my opinion on this, possibly game events that are replicated unreliably or sensitive to delay (condition fails @ server), causing a desync, kicking the client.

If EAC is throttling or consuming the bandwidth, it could cause these issues to appear.

Edited by N66
  • Like 3

the last one, had it a few times even before the EAC update. Basically I'm still talking in discord but I got disconnected from the game session.

that's probably just internet issue, like speed drops down so much or connections is cut for 1 second where it doesn't even start the time out message like it should but you get a straight up kick.

because discord can work even on 20kb/s so if you'r connection is howering on say 7kb/s when it's choking for 2s, you should still be able to talk in discord

39 minutes ago, OneSecond said:

the last one, had it a few times even before the EAC update. Basically I'm still talking in discord but I got disconnected from the game session.

that's probably just internet issue, like speed drops down so much or connections is cut for 1 second where it doesn't even start the time out message like it should but you get a straight up kick.

because discord can work even on 20kb/s so if you'r connection is howering on say 7kb/s when it's choking for 2s, you should still be able to talk in discord

Teammate had normal voice, there was no delay or robotic voice, he also had the timeout message for 30-40 seconds before the disconnect, this is why I suspect a desync

I'll bump this to add a workaround is, as soon as you start arresting, if the criminal doesn't react (animation) cancel and try again, if it doesn't work a couple more times, move slightly and try again, it works then.

Maybe the problem has to do with player position not being accurate on the server, maybe the position error threshold on client position is too large