Sign in to follow this  
Connor

Mikro & Vaquero buff

No doubts this has been discussed before but thought I'd trigger another post as interested to hear opinions.

With the vehicle strength creep over the years the two aforementioned vehicles are considerably weaker than the most other viable vehicle options.

In particular, comparing them to the Vegas 4x4 and the Coywolf you have two cars that perform better in all areas except have very slightly worse handling (which has very little benefit in missions). The Coywolf in particular is basically straight up upgrade on the Mikro & Vaquero everywhere else - It has more health, more top speed and 4 seats. The 4x4 does not have the extra seats but has way more health and top speed instead and hilariously, the criminal firehawk kit + vehicle combo costs less than the Cheetah Mikro + kit combo.

These cars are essentially meme/joke choices (despite costing roughly the same on ARMAS) which doesn't help vehicle variety. Surely it would be warranted and not be too difficult to buff them slightly?

Let's say they were left as is but had slightly more health than the Coywolf. The Coywolf still has extra seats and better top end, so would still probably be a better choice. Perhaps another alternative could be to increase the top speed to closer match - yet still slower than - the growl, which makes these cars very fast but that would be their only positive mission trait (aside from AWD acceleration) as they would remain weak in terms of health.

Obviously being limited to two seats doesn't impact the game as much these days since the introduction of roof surfer but the point remains that these cars are underwhelming compared to their contemporaries. 

EDIT: Looks like this has been addressed in the 2023 road map as part of the overall vehicle rebalancing. Very nice, thank you LO. Mods feel free to lock or delete this thread.

Edited by Connor

I don't think there is a good way to make them any better than they are currently. Coywolf for example has 40 more health and 0.6 m/s better top speed. Vegas 4x4, jericho and bishada etc. Have 200 more health than mikro and vaquero. Their acceleration and maneuverability is their strong suit, and if you buff their speed or health then they just become better versions of the current "best cars".

2 hours ago, ColorBauss said:

I don't think there is a good way to make them any better than they are currently. Coywolf for example has 40 more health and 0.6 m/s better top speed. Vegas 4x4, jericho and bishada etc. Have 200 more health than mikro and vaquero. Their acceleration and maneuverability is their strong suit, and if you buff their speed or health then they just become better versions of the current "best cars".

Clearly there is a balance. Not suggesting to make them strongest or fastest, but their overall strength is way off the others so small increases in something would be, in my opinion, warranted.

I have locked this topic at the OP's request.

- Azukii