Sign in to follow this  
Virgil

[Game] Some Balance Changes/Suggestions

Just some small changes i'd like to see as a veteran, this will have more added to it as I remember/run across them again.

Threat:

I personally believe that the "G10" era of threat was the best. It was nice having your name broadcasted, it was intimidating to see players that high, among other things that just vigorated the "competitive" side of the playerbase. The reason it was hidden makes no sense to me, as the functionality is still there, and the skill gap is super wide. Most golds cannot compete to a "Gold 10" player, they simply cant, not even a remote challenge, even 1v3. Its a nice warning to those who would take the game more seriously if they were aware of who they were facing, and I always thought it was something that made this game super cool, having a threat system like that. The current system is just.. boring, bland, dumbed down.. Gold is very easy to get, near impossible to lose after a point. At least with the individual system, you could see when you drop a level.

Spawns:

I'd like to see the spawn system, as a whole, reworked in its entirety. Car spawners are the best mod in the game simply because spawns can be -really- bad for some people. We played three missions in a row today so far where we have yet to have a spawn sub 180 meters. It's not like this all the time, but when it is, and you're against half decent players, its about a guaranteed loss if theyre on the ball with keeping your car spawners down. Combine that with the annoyance of watching your opposition spawn within 80-100 when something like this is happening to your team.

It's also worth noting that seeing where your opponents are/will be from the spawn menu is something that should probably be looked at, and is fairly easy to exploit.

i'd actually like to see a system where you are guruanteed spawns within 150meters, but respawns for defenders are slightly longer as playing defense is incredibly easy compared to playing offense, horribly so in many cases.

Missions:

Remove instant vehicle pickups

Remove small item YD/TD missions

Remove instant vehicular dropoffs

Rebalance the "defuse" mission from financial contacts to work like current capture point missions rather than just who holds it at the last second of the mission

VIP Missions should only be in use with 3+ players. Duos as VIP are uh, sad, at best.

There are certain dropoffs in YD/TD missions that are incredibly unfair and should be removed. (I will need to take screenshots, but, everyone knows what i'm talking about when you get that 3 heavy item dropoff, and one team can pull a car up to it, and the other has to jump two fences and go through a door.)

Add more mission variety to high level contacts, isnt it something like almost 40% YD/TD missions for the top tier contacts?

Misc:

Fix the seeing players through walls bug.

Fix the ability to throw grenade through certain doors when they are closed.

Fix the gas station you can glitch into and shoot out of to the North of Kaspar Danko in Financial. (players cannot shoot back, you get in the building from the roof.)

Reduce animation time to enter vehicle, remove instant entry.

Remove forced mouse accel and the need to go through files to do so. (or add sliders ingame for this... among other things)

Reduce the amount of doors in certain areas, and remove the ability to kick doors open while jumping to cover.

Add toggle systems to features like sprint without having to go through the files

Add district join queue

Allow crosshair customization, actually center the ingame crosshair.

Remove or revamp P5/N5 entirely, its current purpose is just to inconvenience the player and is something that can easily cost you the mission.

Remove consumables, make the premium reduced CD baseline and remove it as a perk

Increased storage for your items (It's a bit annoying to go to the marketplace, especially to look at themes, and the first 9 pages are just people who listed them because they have no room.)

Increase marketplace auction time for bulk sellers.

Fix armored cars veering left

Locations (Just stuff that needs to be revamped, I'll be updating this as i run across them while playing even though i have them in my head):

Financial:

North of Suji, a busted capture item hold. You can do the parkour, go on the upper railing, walk around, and throw a capture item on the lightpole. It's very difficult to get down, and probably the longest walk in the open with no cover, and as a defender, you are pretty much guaranteed to have one spawn within long range view no matter the time.

Image here

Waterfront:

Edited by Virgil
  • Like 1