ZaTez

Transfer Character Possible?

I've been stopped playing APB for years as the anti-cheat system was not working at all. But it's glad that now the anti-cheat system finally works.

I've notice there is a HAN server especially for the East-Asia players.

I would like to know if there're any way to transfer my character (weapons / vehicles / in-game money / rank / symbols) to the HAN server from Colby NA West?

Playing APB all over again requires so much time.... as my character playing time is mostly 2000 hours in Colby NA West .............

if it's impossible for the character transfer from server to server... playing in a HAN server against the high rank players is totally new-player-unfriendly =[

Edited by ZaTez

Just now, ZaTez said:

I've been stopped playing APB for years as the anti-cheat system was not working at all. But it's glad that now the anti-cheat system finally works.

I've notice there is a HAN server especially for the East-Asia players.

I would like to know if there're any way to transfer my character (weapons / vehicles / in-game money / rank / symbols) to the HAN server from Colby NA West?

Playing APB all over again requires so much time.... as my character playing time is mostly 2000 hours in Colby NA West .............

if it's impossible for the character transfer from server to server... playing in a HAN server against the high rank players is totally new-player-unfriendly =[

Servers transfers are not available at this time.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Servers transfers are not available at this time.

can it be possible in the coming future?

playing in a new server is totally new user unfriendly =[

you don't want merge to Han, just keep in your server trust me 

I would like to stay in Colby as well. But my latency in Colby NA West Server is 2xx, comaring constantly 60 in HAN server.

HAN server is definitely the best choice, despite it is actually a ghost server...

21 minutes ago, ZaTez said:

can it be possible in the coming future?

playing in a new server is totally new user unfriendly =[

Here is all we know (I think)

This is from the Q&A:

Q:  In the distant future will character server transfers be possible?
A: Let’s give some context, character server transfers are problematic. They are problematic from a technology standpoint, what happens that I’ve seen when you transfer a character from server to server, is because the characters are so heavily customised there’s loads of opportunity for things to go wonky. For the character to literally come over looking different or some of the customization or some of the symbols be missing. It is a very very nuanced process so it’s not something we typically can just open up. Not yet. We’re going to work on that system. I’m a big believer in allowing as many people in the community to play together.I think that right now the community is very fragmented and certainly with respect to Han, that is a low population world server. We are absolutely looking at trying to help them, if only for the moment. I think Gamersfirst needs to take the bullet on mishandeling where those servers went and slowly killing that population. In the near future, now it’s not going to be the next thirty days, but hopefully in the near future we’re going to give all of the Han players the ability to migrate to Jericho and play with other players. The russian server is a bit of a challenge because there’s some unique things those players have so we have to balance that but I would love to see in the future an open sort of character transfer system, that maybe you can’t use it all the time or it has limits around it. But I would love to see players be able to congregate and have a great experience. It cannot be any fun playing on Han right now, where you’re playing the same 25, 26 people over and over and over. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Here is all we know (I think)

This is from the Q&A:

Q:  In the distant future will character server transfers be possible?
A: Let’s give some context, character server transfers are problematic. They are problematic from a technology standpoint, what happens that I’ve seen when you transfer a character from server to server, is because the characters are so heavily customised there’s loads of opportunity for things to go wonky. For the character to literally come over looking different or some of the customization or some of the symbols be missing. It is a very very nuanced process so it’s not something we typically can just open up. Not yet. We’re going to work on that system. I’m a big believer in allowing as many people in the community to play together.I think that right now the community is very fragmented and certainly with respect to Han, that is a low population world server. We are absolutely looking at trying to help them, if only for the moment. I think Gamersfirst needs to take the bullet on mishandeling where those servers went and slowly killing that population. In the near future, now it’s not going to be the next thirty days, but hopefully in the near future we’re going to give all of the Han players the ability to migrate to Jericho and play with other players. The russian server is a bit of a challenge because there’s some unique things those players have so we have to balance that but I would love to see in the future an open sort of character transfer system, that maybe you can’t use it all the time or it has limits around it. But I would love to see players be able to congregate and have a great experience. It cannot be any fun playing on Han right now, where you’re playing the same 25, 26 people over and over and over. 

in case the HAN server merged to the Jericho in the coming future, will it delete the character in the Han server and start all over again in Jericho?

1 minute ago, ZaTez said:

in case the HAN server merged to the Jericho in the coming future, will it delete the character in the Han server and start all over again in Jericho?

If they handle transfers like they have in the past (Hoplon and Innova migrations), they will move your characters and all items over.

Edited by CookiePuss

2 minutes ago, ZaTez said:

Wouldn't make sense to delete them. That's not different from just telling you to go make a new character, no migration needed.

so there are no Asia server in the future? Latency is my first concern to determine whether i should play it or not =[

Just now, ZaTez said:

so there are no Asia server in the future? Latency is my first concern to determine whether i should play it or not =[

Im not sure theyve made a final decision on this.

Certainly the asian market is massive and giving up on it probably isnt very attractive.

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Im not sure theyve made a final decision on this.

Certainly the asian market is massive and giving up on it probably isnt very attractive.

so sad.. it seems playing in HAN server is total waste of time. Maybe i should find a way improving the latency in Colby NA West Server....