Sign in to follow this  
UwUMaster666

Name change for JT

As a completely f2p player I would love to see a possible name change or even additional character slot in the Joker Store. Idk when LO plans to wipe the unused names so people can use their desired names without numbers or "x" in the front or something like that, but when they do that, I would guess that there are a lot of names which people want to have. People are playing this for around 10 years, so I think some of them want to have a name change but don't want to spend real money on it, like myself.

My suggestion would be to have the name changer at maybe 10k JT, so people can't really abuse it without spending a lot of time in fight club/ + doing missions. 

That things should cost money,that is not something related to gameplay in anyway

31 minutes ago, RCooper said:

That things should cost money,that is not something related to gameplay in anyway

Customization is and was always a big part of APB, one thing of it is the ability of having your desired name. I will repeat myself, there are players who were playing this game for 10+ years, like myself there are probably people who didn't take the "smartest" name and had it for 10 years, so a change would be nice. The problem is that it costs like 8€. 

Your argument that something like this "should cost money" is plainly wrong and something that none community in games want, if you look at Steam, Origin, XBOX, and nowadays Playstation. The first 2 of them allow a name change completely free, while Playstation allows it for free once (dunno about XBOX). 

16 minutes ago, UwUMaster666 said:

Customization is and was always a big part of APB, one thing of it is the ability of having your desired name. I will repeat myself, there are players who were playing this game for 10+ years, like myself there are probably people who didn't take the "smartest" name and had it for 10 years, so a change would be nice. The problem is that it costs like 8€. 

Your argument that something like this "should cost money" is plainly wrong and something that none community in games want, if you look at Steam, Origin, XBOX, and nowadays Playstation. The first 2 of them allow a name change completely free, while Playstation allows it for free once (dunno about XBOX). 

First of all u werent only talking about name change,u were also talking about free character slot,but having one free name change is a good idea,having more idk becuase apb is very toxic and cheaters and toxic players will be probably changing names constantly,also LO was going to change how the names work,after all they didnt delete the russian names,i am a f2p player myself i am always in favour on gettings free things too,but u know if LO doesnt earn money the game dies.

16 minutes ago, RCooper said:

First of all u werent only talking about name change,u were also talking about free character slot,but having one free name change is a good idea,having more idk becuase apb is very toxic and cheaters and toxic players will be probably changing names constantly,also LO was going to change how the names work,after all they didnt delete the russian names,i am a f2p player myself i am always in favour on gettings free things too,but u know if LO doesnt earn money the game dies.

I wasn't talking about giving something free at all, but character slot is no different than the name change, though it's rarely seen in other games because they just don't need it.

I'm well aware of the toxicity and abusement this community is capable of, that's why I literally said that it would need to cost a lot of JT to negate abusement of the name change (as well as the additional character slot). 

Adding something to the Joker Store as a name changer, which nearly every big platform has without even needing to pay for it in any way, isn't going to make them broke. They already put all the important weapons in the Joker Store, which are even more valuable. That's why they want to put Ad's in the game to make themselves more independent of the players, which I have nothing against at.