PabloJ

Crash at launch after update

Since today's update, I get a black screen and my PC freezes after the initial loading screen with APB banner after pressing "Start" on the game launcher. No error message appears and the only way for the PC to respond again is to force a restart.

Anyone having the same issue?

My specs:

i5-9600K

32Gb RAM

RTX2060

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1 TB

I ended up solving the issue, seems like there are lots of know issues with RTX cards and the current game engine.

After some investigation, I found that uninstalling the GPU tweekII software solved the crashes.

Hope it helps other folks.

Have you tried options -> Repair yet?

if not, go to your APB folder: (example:C:\Program Files (x86)\GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\APBGame)

Rename your config folder to config_old and open the launcher to start the  game again.

If that doesn't work try going device manager: Right click your start menu flag -> device manager -> Go to display adapters -> Right click your videocard (Nvidia and click update driver)

And if that doesn't work, try running the game on minimal graphics using the advanced APB Launcher.  

Good luck!

Edited by Infinito

7 hours ago, Infinito said:

Have you tried options -> Repair yet?

if not, go to your APB folder: (example:C:\Program Files (x86)\GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\APBGame)

Rename your config folder to config_old and open the launcher to start the  game again.

If that doesn't work try going device manager: Right click your start menu flag -> device manager -> Go to display adapters -> Right click your videocard (Nvidia and click update driver)

And if that doesn't work, try running the game on minimal graphics using the advanced APB Launcher.  

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try all of that. Even completely uninstalling APB, but nothing worked. What solved it was what I posted above