Sign in to follow this  
Songbearer

Constantly being disconnected while in customiser

Summary: While in the customiser, be it vehicle, clothing or the designer, I will get a "Connection Problems - Disconnect In <timer>" messager that will count down from 60 seconds to 0 without the ability to stop it. This results in lost design changes and a fairly significant amount of time lost.

Description: I've never had any issues with APB's customisation or connection stability outside of a few rare edge cases, but this most recent issue has become a constant nuisance and it may be related to BattleEye. I'm not entirely certain though - I never spent much time inside of the customisation prior to the patch.

It doesn't really matter what designer I'm using at the time or what I'm doing inside it - I'll get a "Connection Problems - Disconnect In <timer>" message and then I'll be unable to save my design or leave the menu until the timer has ticked down, upon which I am removed from the server and forced to log back in. It is only in the customisation that this happens, mind - regular gameplay and idling in social doesn't cause disconnects outside of server instability.

sOnlWue.jpg

As you might expect, this is a considerable pain when it comes to enjoying one of the main parts of the game. Frustratingly, it's hard to tell exactly why this is happening. As far as I can tell, it's not related to anything I do in the creator: I've tried making as many inputs as possible, idling, only editing the paintjobs & clothing colours - I'm kind of scrabbling to understand what the issue is. Felt like it's worth a mention, though, since this is a fairly big and annoying problem. The only constant is that this seems to happen anywhere between 10 & 20 minutes of use, never any shorter.

Steps To Reproduction:

1) Access any of the customisation kiosks in social: Clothing, car, etc.

2) Edit the item as per normal: Change colours, add decals, go into the decal designer and so on.

3) Between 10 or 20 minutes of use, this error will appear, count down and prevent changes from being saved or the menu being left.

4) Disconnect, log back in, go back to social - head back to step 1.

Frequency of this happening, near as I can tell, is 100%. I've had this issue for a few days now.

Expected Results:

Not disconnecting while editing.

Running the launcher as an administrator may have fixed this. I'll confirm when I come back from work later.

Just tested it, and nope - guess it just wanted to go easy on me. Tried launching both the launcher and the direct executable as administrator, no juice. Apparently this also happens to my friend as well, but it seems like a rare issue.

I had this exact issue a few weeks ago, its lasted for about a week or two. I no longer have this issue but unfortunately i have no idea how to fix it, it just stopped doing it for me. Its been good for the few weeks since then.

When i had it, it really sucked. I tried to make an outfit for someone and it ended up taking a few days with over 40+ disconnects(i really needed to finish it).

This happened to me before BattleEye was implemented.

Edited by Miffed117