Sign in to follow this  
SantaBox

(GAME UNPLAYABLE)Post Battleye Play-ability Issues

Hi, 

So I wanted to start off with saying that I'm excited to see that the first content update since pre-LO has finally dropped. However, I figured it would have been too good to be true for it to go without issue...

I've noticed a rather strange one that only started occurring after the update. Upon launching the game, I'd noticed that my monitor would occasionally black out for a second or two as if I had accidentally done something to alt-tab the game.. no big deal. However, it began progressively getting worse. Very soon, about 30m with the game running, my monitor was doing this at random within 10 second to full minute timespans. There seemed to be absolutely nothing that I was pressing or doing to trigger this ingame, but it grew worse if I alt-tabbed the game and just left it running in the background. It would continue if I closed out the game, for around the next 30 minutes or so.. then it would calm down and go back to normal. 

To me and to some others, it sounds like a graphics driver crash. So just to rule that out, I ensured that my GPU drivers were fully updated. No dice, nothing changed. I then rolled back my drivers to a version that I know worked with APB. Again, no fix. 

Now, I'd try this with other games. Games running with DX9, games running with DX11, more graphic-intensive games and even games older than APB. Absolutely nothing triggered this issue again, so it seems to be something completely specific with APB. 

I haven't changed anything on my setup since my last playthroughs, although out of curiosity, I did try different graphics settings and different resolutions/switching back to native res. I found that the more often I changed out my resolution, the more often this would occur.

So honestly, I'm stumped. I don't know why my PC decided to suddenly start hating APB post-battleye update, but...

I dunno. Maybe you guys can take a stab at this. Any ideas? I'm open to anything before I start putting new hardware on my shopping list.