Sign in to follow this  
lvrq

Bring back San Paro City Mentors (SPCM)

As far as I can tell, the main reasons that people quit/dont try apb are game performance, skill gap/learning curve and "toxic community". I think that bringing back the SPCM position could help with all 3. The veteran players in this game know basically all there is to know about the game and some of us are willing to share it with new players. I get random whispers all the time from people asking what mod is best for __ gun/ car or how they can improve their aim/fps. I'm assuming that I am not the only one that gets these messages and I am assuming some of the people who send these messages don't always get the advice they are asking for, I am sure some of them get the toxic responses everyone talks about. Having people who's literal purpose is to answer these questions could/would be very helpful in retaining new players. When I was a newer player to APB, this position existed and it actually did help me in some ways.

Edited by lvrq
  • Like 6

On 3/23/2020 at 12:06 PM, lvrq said:

As far as I can tell, the main reasons that people quit/dont try apb are game performance, skill gap/learning curve and "toxic community". I think that bringing back the SPCM position could help with all 3. The veteran players in this game know basically all there is to know about the game and some of us are willing to share it with new players. I get random whispers all the time from people asking what mod is best for __ gun/ car or how they can improve their aim/fps. I'm assuming that I am not the only one that gets these messages and I am assuming some of the people who send these messages don't always get the advice they are asking for, I am sure some of them get the toxic responses everyone talks about. Having people who's literal purpose is to answer these questions could/would be very helpful in retaining new players. When I was a newer player to APB, this position existed and it actually did help me in some ways.

I do all that already (allocating at least 1 hour every day to answering questions in social), How does having a "role with a chat tag" help?.

I support SPCM coming back fyi.