Sign in to follow this  
Running Eagle

Check for/detect if SDK has been dumped = INSTANT ban

Easy concept but I don't know how it would/if it could be implemented---

On launch of the program (so regardless of launching directly, with launcher, with Advanced Launcher, with or without anything at all) the game makes a runtime check of the current SDK to see if it's ever been dumped, and if it has, that PC is instantly HWID banned.

The people who know what this does, will be one of two kinds of people ... the ones who need banning, and the dev staff or those with Unreal Engine game development experience.

It can also be said without any doubt in my mind that anybody who is against this idea, is one of the people who need banning.

Theoretically running a check to see if the SDK has ever been dumped shouldn't increase launch time (too much anyway) and wouldn't have the drag on the CPU that data monitoring would (I think?  I'm not certain.)

Edit: THis would also take care of the fact that there are workarounds for HWID bans, as the ban would be reapplied every time the game launches.

Edited by Running Eagle