MattChicago

Open Letter To Little Orbit

Dear  Matthew Scott

Hello, My name is also Matt i have been playing this game since it was still under RTW, so basically i am old school in the game, already ranked maxed and watched the game progress a bit over the years. I had some questions below and possibly you could respond back to them personally. I read your open letter and i think its great you see the game has massive potential and you want to expand it to its potential, however lets start from the core issue of the game..

Server Stability : over the years the servers have been DDOS'd and basically virtually unplayable it seemed like every 4 hours. What is going to be the fix for the LAG spike Issues and also server disconnect issues during gameplay i understand that Server LAG is always going to happen at some point but it seems with any District Server there is a constant lag issue every hour. it sometimes is really quick and sometimes its really bad and lasts a long time. are you all putting in more servers or beefing up the current servers that run the main core game files? also will the unreal engine help with the game lag and latency issues?

Hacking : now over the years i have seen a lot of interesting hacks, exploits and well DDOS attacks. beyond Fair Fight (i think that was one of them they had installed at 1 point) that banned a lot of people, there was just waves of people getting TK'd off the server every single day and some of it was False Positive bans. a lot of people lost interest of the game due to hackers i remember getting shot through walls several times and around corners, and also it seemed like there was a big target tracking me around.  So beyond battle eye what else you going to do to make it more secure in game and also potential DDOS attacks server side.

Vehicles : are you going to be able to add vehicles like they have in GTA and also like EA (need for speed) as in licensing from auto manufacturers to use all types of vehicles in games, i would love to drive around in a custom hummer or a Ford F-350 Dully Truck 😛 (i guess wishing is always great).. also the physics of the cars in Grand Theft Auto and steering and dynamics.

Maps : can you add a much bigger CITY map like of a major city like New York, Chicago, LA.. Etc?

When it comes to in game dynamics is there anyway you can make it so you can group up with more then 4 people at a time, i found that most fun with a lot of friends being called into a BACKUP mission and we got 8 deep in friends in a group rocking another team of 8 people.

when it comes to district maps and server caps, is it going to be possible later on to bump up each side to 100 per faction to join the server? like 100 crims and 100 enforcers.

can you make more missions and objectives for people who are already Max Ranked or bump up the MAX RANK to a much higher number that has more features and also more missions and contacts to do? i think possibly the ranking system should be actually unlimited like just new things will be harder to unlock. you have to be much higher rank to unlock say (1 month of premium access) or say add some really cool new bullet proof vests or tactical vests you can use as a mod for your character like the ammo crate or something. I think there should be some military type of vehicles in the new vehicle updates, like BearCats (swat uses) and also like APC carriers for loading up 8 people into the carrier... Possibly add a Tank 😛

Yeah the tank would be a bit much, that is just me having a ARMA 3 Flashback. 

Well good luck with the new adventure here with us crazy APB players....