LewdLemming

Indicate category on each weapon

I've played this game for a while, and even then sometimes I have no idea if a specific weapon falls under a specific category (i.e. - assault rifles, light machine guns, etc).

When you get the daily activities that say something along the lines of "get 5 kills with marksman weapons" sometimes I have a brainfart and don't remember which weapons fall under that category.

So, imagine how a new player to the game would feel or react. 

If they had under each weapons description a category of what it fell under, it would be very helpful.

When selecting a primary weapon, you can easily filter by weapon category. This would already help resolve part of the issue.

lCXfGgB.png

21 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

When selecting a primary weapon, you can easily filter by weapon category. This would already help resolve part of the issue.

lCXfGgB.png

Granted, part of the issue ... yes.  But again, a new player isn't going to know this type of stuff.  Hell, I had forgotten about this feature.

However, I think it would still be a good idea to at least have the weapon category in the details of the gun.  Maybe add a field to the weapon stats table when you are looking at the gun (where it says "hard damage, stamina damage, etc".

4 minutes ago, LewdLemming said:

However, I think it would still be a good idea to at least have the weapon category in the details of the gun.  Maybe add a field to the weapon stats table when you are looking at the gun (where it says "hard damage, stamina damage, etc".

Ye, that could be a good thing to add. But I doubt we'll see many UI changes before the engine.