Sign in to follow this  
Selaya

Dynamic Threat Level Districts

A suggestion post for the Developper Team

Hello everyone, 
I was wondering with a bunch of friends, about action disitricts that they are overpopulated since a month ago (especially silver districts where there are a lot of golds, made us impossible to join and gold district are defenetely forgotten)

Do you think that it would be possible to make the threat level district dynamic ?

Exemple: If there are 70% of silver threat players then the district stay silver threat but if 1 hour later there are 40% of silver players and 60% of gold players then the disitrct became  automaticaly Gold threat ? And when that happens an Auto Silver or Neutral threat level distirct pops out on the selection list ?

It's really hard in Citadel now to join a silver district with friends... they are over populated by golds doesn't matter if it's waterfront or financial from 6 silvers district 5/6 are FULL.
Gold players never join Gold districts, they are useless. 
If everything is dynamic I'm pretty sure that Mission Districts will be more fair and easely to join for everybody.

What about doing the same for Fightclubs ? So Bronze and Silver players will be able to play in this game mode with their Threat level majority
(Yes because, if you ever have bronze and silver friends, or jsut by asking to them what do they think about fightclubs, trust me that they hate fight clubs not only because they are cheaters but because of the skill gap)

If all of that is impossible then, let's make everything like Open Conflict ? (alternatevely called Anarchy mode \o/)

I'm sorry again for my "college english skill" I'm really bad on grammar.
But I hope that you can at least understand my idea if it hasn't already suggested before by somebody else in the past.

Best regards.

Edited by Selaya

This is, as far as I'm aware, how district threat worked originally. It was removed when we switched from TL1-15 to the colour-variants and fixed district-threat.

However dynamic threat districts will, in my opinion, only work in conjunction with automatic player distribution (and ideally the removal of manual district selection; why this would be a good thing can be read here). The Threat & Matchmaking link from my signature goes a bit more in depth about some of the threat-issues that I see with the current system.

Another thing which I mentioned here: Threat in general shouldn't be an absolute & static value, but heavily depend on the actively playing population. I call it "dynamic threat ranges, which keep every bracket at a certain percentage for the total active player-base. For example only the players who logged in during the past 30 days are considered for overall threat evaluation and Gold is always 20%, Silver & Bronze 30% each and Green 20% again."

Edited by Revoluzzer