Sign in to follow this  
KnifuWaifu

Crazy idea to make the Espacio/vans in general more viable.

I have no stats to back this up but I'm going to assume we all feel the same that the Espacio pales in comparison to the Pioneer. Also that vans in general, outside of ram raiding, don't compare to their 5-seater counterparts mostly due to the fact that rear passengers can't see a damn thing and only get a <180 arc of fire compared to the 360 degrees of awesome you get riding in the back of a Pioneer. 

So, why not gives the Espacio (and vans) a little buff and let the rear (just the rear) passengers use heavy weapons (LMGs, Shotguns, Explosives) while inside? 

They'll still not be able to see anything and restricted to that 180 arc. But it's something that might slightly tip the scales in the Espacio's favour?

Little tweaks will be needed to make it work, especially with animations, if possible to make it "less" work, mock up a tether or something on the gun, so it's like the passenger has the gun tied up for balance or instead themselves so they can 2 hand the gun since 1 handing an ALIG would look dodgy af. 

Like this:

14947974576_5c332f105a_b.jpg

Or this:

1076290.jpg

Also maybe not explosives? That might be too overpowered? But again Car Surfer trumps anything that could happen with a OSMAW toting Espacio passenger since they're just restricted to 180 degrees. Or maybe reduce the rate of fire of these guns while inside? Increased reload time? I'm not sure what's possible but I think those rare occasions a vehicle does have more than 2 players inside, it would be a nice little buff for what is essentially a downgraded position. And it would be nice to see Espacios take on a gunship role rather than a glorified loot van. 

Alexa, play "Fortunate Son".

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Like 1