Genobee

Dredging up old suggestions

Some of these are rough around the edges to say the least. May expand the list if people don't find this to be too terrifyingly moronic. A lot of them are old, but interesting ideas that gained a decent bit of traction years back. Figured some might be worth revisiting. At worst you all get a laugh out of how dumb some of it all was, right? 

Majority of these ideas are generally focused on finding a problem then resolving by encouraging players to keep going. Two birds with one stone if you will. Also worth mentioning that these ideas were spoken about with other players prior to their initial posting. As for who contributed.. I don't know. Been far too long, but people have? Well that sounds terrible. 

Anyway. Sorry if something doesn't make sense. Enjoy some word vomit courtesy of someone who just plain can't sleep. 

Add bonus rewards to missions - TL:DR; very small chance to receive a weapon lease or even possibly a permanent weapon: https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/388201-mission-rewards-refinement-perm-f2p-guns-concept/?hl=%2Bgenobee#entry4230222

Could be fitted for use as an event with temporary leases to test it all out. Or possibly simply used for special occasions only. Only real concerns are how much more work would need to be done to the current system to get something like that running. If it isn't a massive ordeal (spaghetti code will probably prove otherwise...) then you'd have an automated system instead of needing to manually hand out prizes for certain event scenarios. Plus it encourages actively playing the game. Win-win in theory. Not sure about in practice. 

In-game mystery boxes - unable to find original post. Effectively it was a request to investigate the possibility of adding in an exponential money sink to APB. With the JT (joker tickets) vendor(s) providing access to a purchasable box that provides a random item via mail. Recommended fee being a combination of APB$ and JT. Unsure of a proper value to assign to this. Would largely be dependent on where the rewards land. Problem here being how difficult it'd be to implement all the way down to what to reward the player. Let alone the other aspects surrounding that. This could vary from X duration leases of existing JT gun leases with the possibility of permanent leases all the way down to all kinds of other crazy things. Hell if I know. I had some thoughts on it but those have seemingly been lost. 

The concept still seems quite intriguing to me. APB has a severe problem with inflation and extremely limited used for APB$. Not to mention JT are a bit limited for anyone that's been around for a good while. This struck me as a good way to encourage a long-term goal if a solid high-end reward could be placed within these. While simultaneously helping negate excessive amount of APB$ from remaining within the game. 

Edited by Genobee