Sign in to follow this  
iRaviax

Please enable the IPS feature "Merge concurrent posts"

The users of this internet bulletin board have a terrible problem with double posting, I am not referring to when the server lags and your posts appears twice, I am talking about instead of editing there post and using quotes they insist on posting two sometimes three times in a row. This is not a very good forum etiquette and I pray you will implement an auto merge feature to stop this madness once and for all. 

This features is actually built into IPS version 4.x.x, and can be found by logging into the admin control panel and searching for "merge", a few options will be found, you are looking for "[System] Merge concurrent posts"

Searching for the feature:

gBiREET.png

Now we select the first option on the list and continue to configuring it by un-checking the box for NEVER and we will go with 5 minutes in this test. 

3hEEMXt.png

Now if a user make multiple posts one after another within the 5 minute window the posts will be merged, and we will all be saved from improper posting!

• Like 3

Sounds reasonable, it has been enabled for 5 minutes.

• Like 7

Thanks for this. I am one of those people who usually makes multiple single post quotes over using multi-quote. It's a bad habit & I hate spamming up a thread.

• Like 1