Sign in to follow this  
gravy

please make better controls!

for the love of god please simplify the controls for this game. I played it a few years ago and loved the game but damn having to push like 6 different buttons to interact with shit and movement felt so unnatural . while the concept is fucking epic I can only hope that one would improve on these things.

I'll agree with that.  To me what severely aged Fallen Earth when I first tried it wasn't the visuals, it was the controls and the movement.  I know I know, it had the old MMO feel to it, but the controls could definitely be a hell of a lot more intuitive.  This is all coming  from a newbie though so take it worth a grain of salt.  My first impression on this game was "Awesome idea, style, and universe" Then my first impression upon actually maneuvering around the world on foot was "This could definitely handle better", and my impression of driving a car for the first time was simply "What the fuck".  Not trying to put anyone down or anything and I'm sure there's tons of you who love the controls, but these are just my impressions as a newcomer.

What threw me off the most for sure was the driving and how it appears to use raycasting to keep the car level with the surface it's on instead of actual physics.  Also how the throttle worked.  Call me stupid but that one took me a while to figure out.  Most of the time I'd be putting around at about 25 mph, then I would randomly jump to about 40 mph out of nowhere.  I'd kill for a normal throttle and brake system in this game where you hold W to accelerate and S to brake with an additional button for cruise control.  I figured it's all probably because of engine limitations, so hopefully LO can touch up the driving with the Unity relaunch.  Possibly even rebuild the driving from the ground up?  I know that's a lot of work, but I feel it would be worth it to have a physics based driving system (with a way to flip your car upright again without exiting the vehicle if you happen to flip it).  Would probably require the terrain collisions to be smoothed out a bit though.

Edited by BrandonBranderson