Sign in to follow this  
BrandonBranderson

Nail Bomb

This is an idea I had in 2013-2014ish as a new grenade type.  Since LO mentioned the EMP grenade I figured this would be an interesting idea to bring back.

Back then I made the stupid mistake of not reading over the picture that I selected and ended up posting a diagram of how to make one.  So... oops.

Anyway, A nail bomb is pretty self explanatory.  It's basically a pipe bomb with nails taped around the outside which act as some seriously hard hitting shrapnel.  I feel like APB is missing out on some improvised home made looking weapons and this would help a little with that.  

Now for the functionality of the grenade.  Keep tracers in mind when you imagine this since they're coming back with the engine upgrade.  The way I figured it could work is if once thrown it would count down and explode like a normal grenade, but the actual blast radius is very small, like 1m or less.  The nails are where the real damage comes from.  It would act like a shotgun blast fired straight up with a spread of 180 degrees.  Very deadly if you're right on top of it.  The nails have the highest amount of damage closest to the explosion, but the damage drops off to 0 after about 25m.  I know that sounds huge for a grenade, but keep in mind that you're not going to catch every projectile from this thing, only a few if any at all.  I'm thinking maybe 32 projectiles in total?  And again, remember tracers, so it would look pretty cool when going off too as long as they fade out with the damage drop off.

Just an old idea I thought I'd bring back since new grenades are a topic again.