Sign in to follow this  
JimmyMalone

Revisited Threat system

So only those who want to be competitive will be Gold.

This give the possibility of choosing between Three levels of Threat.

I create a character I am Green/Bronze. Reached a rank limit I then have the obligation to decide a new threat level - first between Bronze or Silver, and after another level of rank between Silver and Gold.

(However from the beginning I have the possibility of choosing if I already want to do it).

For example, if I choose Silver I'm stuck for a period with this level. I will only play in those specific districts for my Threat level.

What does this involve?
It means that only competitive players will choose to show themselves as "Gold" while those who have uncertainties will play as Silver. The others, the users who instead in Silver districs will be in difficulty, will choose the Bronze level.

You can also block the decision on the downside - regarding the lowest Threats - once you reach an acceptable rank level.
Example: level (?) can not select Bronze anymore. 

Ex1: I want to play with Silver friends without being forced to do so in competitive districts. Or without me having to lose my Threat level along an unfortunate path for everyone.

Ex2: I want to always be competitive, I do not care about "noobs". I want to compare myself with the best ones. The Silvers in my district ruin the matches.

Ex3: To be honest, I'm new, I'm not good yet. I need time to become somebody on APB and maybe buy some weapon, know how to use it well. I choose for me Bronze until I reach that certain rank. But at that time I will already be the one who does not want to be Bronze anymore.

Responses to users:

1: hello TheOppositePolarBear

No, 

What you say is to take my idea and make a story of it over the current mechanism.

The probability that someone with 5k hours is in the same district with one who has only 300 hours will be low, very low. You say that the other are idiots.

And if what you say could happen, no one could ever accuse the system, but it is precisely because you chose the wrong level for yourself. If new, and with a low rank in fact I would have chosen in each game an appropriate Threat, not the highest, nor the medium one.

On the other hand, if you are always low-skill, the Silver level will be suitable for you even with a million hours of play.

2: Evening CookiePuss,

No, instead, if after a certain rank everyone is forced to choose a Threat other than Green or Bronze.
The Silver Threat is permanent if you never want to choose that Gold, to avoid competitive districts and hours of "dethreating".

"so a high gold player can choose silver threat and then not have to worry about finding easy opp for a month cuz he can slam people in silver"

If he chooses to play in the Silver district, it means that he is not a "high Gold" player. Maybe high just for rank.

The opponents will not be easier, but of his own level, if the others in fact take the same decision to be Silver.

Guys you have to get out of the logic of taking this idea and mix it with the current system.

Edited by JimmyMalone