JazzyBB

Encouraging Vehicle Designers - Fix the marketplace!

Hello everyone!

Introduction

Lately I have spoken a lot of people in Social District on Citadel. I asked what their thoughts were on the marketplace in it's current state. A lot of people shared the same opinion that selling vehicles is not easy because most players use non-tradable vehicles. Then an idea hit me.

The problem

Special unlocked / ARMAS vehicles / Slotted vehicles

When selling vehicles on the marketplace designers are able to sell slotted vehicles. Special unlocked vehicles like the Vegas 4x4 or ARMAS vehicles can not be sold on the marketplace. A lot of people prefer using their special unlocked vehicles and/or ARMAS vehicles making it impossible for other players to design these vehicles for them. Also, vehicles with designs are sold with a locked amount of slots making it hard for designers to sell a vehicle with the desired amount of slots on it.

Refurbishing / Economy collapse

During the designing process the designer is also able to check the vehicle on one of the displays in Social District. By doing this the vehicle gets locked into a state where the designer has to pay 10% of the vehicle's original price to make it tradable again. How is a designer supposed to check the entire design for any flaws? Simply removing the refurbishing would cause an economy collapse. Refurbishing is added to consume the money of players. Otherwise, a lot of people would have too much money causing inflation. By consuming money the prices stay leveled.

What if instead of selling vehicles, we sell vehicle designs?

The idea

The designer picks a certain vehicle, i.e. a Vegas without needing to buy it. He puts body-kits on it and creates a custom design. He saves the design in one of his new vehicle design slots. He sells the vehicle design on the marketplace for a price. The buyer can choose what kind of Vegas to put it on. This can be a 2-slotted Vegas bought from a contact, or maybe a 4x4 Vegas that he bought off of ARMAS in a pack. The buyer consumed the car design and now has a vehicle with your cool design on it!

Pros

- Designers can check out their vehicle designs without having to refurbish the vehicle.

- Right now people buy vehicles with a certain amount of slots. Now the player can use the design on a vehicle with the amount of slots desired.

- Money is still being consumed.

- Little Orbit will sell more body-kits because more people will be designing vehicles.

- Little Orbit will sell more vehicles because people will see cool designs on the marketplace and want the best cars to put them on.

Cons

- People that bought body-kits from ARMAS have an advantage (This is already the case though).

- Vehicle designs are not swappable between vehicles (This would stop money from being consumed causing an economy crash like stated above).

Feedback

I'd like to know if you like this idea and what you'd change. Also, if you like the idea, show your support below so Little Orbit will consider adding this feature.

Thank you for reading!

• Thanks 1