Seedy

A typical Saturday in APB..

11 hours ago, Seedy said:

Just jumped in to a district (bronze). Played 3 matches. All against teams of full Gold. Infact 2 of the golds in the last game were ranked 255 Golds.

Nice.

When is this bullshlt going to be sorted out?

Think Ill pass on APB today.

Have you tried learning to play.

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Yood you made mistake by combining two different conversations of mine.

one was joke at golds for not making population bigger.

other conversation was how a grouping of golds  in a district are clearly golds who came to troll bronzes.

no difference . theme one golds in bronze .

Edited by Yood

12 minutes ago, Yood said:

no difference . theme one golds in bronze .

apple is apple and car is car.

different.

One conversation is joke making fun of golds having "green" friend to poke fun at golds over low population.

Other is serious conversation about players making group as golds in bronze.

is different.

yood is lost in woods.

bring firewood fortune want campfire to cook hot dogs and marshmallows

sorry no kvass here did not see any in stores i looked.

found ginger beer before though.

Edited by Fortune Runner

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

apple is apple and car is car.

different.

One conversation is joke making fun of golds having "green" friend to poke fun at golds over low population.

Other is serious conversation about players making group as golds in bronze.

is different.

yood is lost in woods.

bring firewood fortune want campfire to cook hot dogs and marshmallows

sorry no kvass here did not see any in stores i looked.

found ginger beer before though.

knowing who you are and who your friends are -  we don't have anything to talk about.

Edited by Yood

25 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

There are plenty of threads of some golds openly dethreating just to torment bronzes for easy wins.

People from Jericho as well as Citadel have spoken up about this.

There are plenty of threads accusing people of cheating, which doesn't mean those accused were actually cheating. The truth is I was inactive for the past year or so and perhaps things have changed, yet we're talking about APB here, I do not think anything has significantly changed, I'd be surprised it did and in that case, I could be wrong regarding my statement. 

However, while I was pretty much active and was playing in silver and bronze districts both, over the course of 5 years or so I could literally count on the fingers of my both hands how many times I saw a real gold player in a bronze district, I am not talking about top tier players, rather about average golds who got their gold threat and never dropped down to silver again. Most of those I saw were just quickly alting, ranking up to R40-ish and never coming back once they disconnect for the first time.

My point is any of the "gold" players in bronze one can see on a regular basis there are just mediocre silvers being "gold" thanks to the faulty threat system and each one of them drops their threat down after a while (takes more for better silvers) in silver districts when they face real golds, whether they do it deliberately or not. They are simply not good enough to stay gold (for any reason - they can't; do not try, they lag, low fps... etc.) hence they play where they can and more or less belong to, given the game circumstances. I will go as far as to say it doesn't take much to make a difference between real and "fake" gold players, but many people in bronze districts use the threat (dis)balance to justify their own incompetence, excluding the legitimate bronze and green players here.

~

For the TL;DR (de)generations: The next two posts sum up my point of view pretty much accurately :

6 hours ago, Westford said:

I think what you are trying to say, is that no self respecting True Gold(™) would ever dethreat.

It's kind of like a code of honor thing with True Golds(™).    lol

1 hour ago, illgot said:

Anyone capable of being in the bronze district is not a real gold threat.  Real gold threats don't drop to silver threat rating.  At best the highest threat in the bronze district is a high silver.

10 hours ago, Yood said:

knowing who you are and who your friends are -  we don't have anything to talk about.

my friend? who is that?

Fortune Runner

1 follower

Merged.

9 hours ago, Bambola said:

~Snip~

Yet some golds recently detrheated the past few months attempting to harass bronzes that i witnessed myself and spoke up on another thread on.

A gold who is normally in silver district who came with friends to harass bronzes.

I play in bronze as well as silver and witnessed a few take two days just to dethreat to go to bronze.

others have spoken up on this as well.

The two posts you quoted I read however they are only opinions and speculation  , and what I witnessed I seen with my own eyes and others said they seen it happen other times as well.

its a recent thread from this year but I do not recall which one since too many people make duplicate threads

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Yet some golds recently detrheated the past few months attempting to harass bronzes that i witnessed myself and spoke up on another thread on.

A gold who is normally in silver district who came with friends to harass bronzes.

I play in bronze as well as silver and witnessed a few take two days just to dethreat to go to bronze.

others have spoken up on this as well.

The two posts you quoted I read however they are only opinions and speculation  , and what I witnessed I seen with my own eyes and others said they seen it happen other times as well.

its a recent thread from this year but I do not recall which one since too many people make duplicate threads

before you say that you're silver and playing only silver arena . I never killed or arrested you or my place in bronze districtic . 

Edited by Yood

18 minutes ago, Yood said:

before you say that you're silver and playing only silver arena . I never killed or arrested you or my place in bronze districtic . 

I always say I play in both.

If fair fight i will arrest , if not fair fight  i put away.

fun to arrest golds in bronze to laugh at them

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Certain unlocks like car bomb + brick gets used against bronzes in bronze district a lot.

Car bomb is an essential mod for bronze district, how else can I blow up scrubs who decide to go for a joyride in my vegas 4x4 instead of playing the mission.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, greenfield said:

this will be sorted out when matchmaking will pick available players from all fin/water instances and gather them in matches. The way we have it now, due low pop, gold players can't even play the game in low hours, since in most of these hours, only a bronze instance is available.

delirium.  in FC players 98 % golds , in social 80 % golds .  GOLDS NO ONE TO PLAY WITH ?

20 hours ago, Fasalina said:

But what if a gold wants to play with his green buddy? Or does playing APB means one cant play with friends? :^) 

It would simply not be fair nor fun for gold's green buddy (green player would face opposition that is far too good for him and since gold will carry the match and win solo the threat level of the green player will be artificially inflated so when green later play solo he will face much harder opposition than he is skilled for).

Since APB Reloaded is a player skill based game with an in-built threat level mechanic it is best if you play with people close to your own skill level. It will be more fun for both you, your teammates and your opposition.

We used to have districts where the built-in threat level mechanic was turned off and where each player was worth just as much as any other player, threat level was not displayed, only number of players mattered for getting backup and advancing or lowering your current threat level was disabled (I think they were called chaos districts). This was a good case that once and for all showed just how much difference it is between 4 highly skilled and coordinated players and a pick up group of bronze and silver players. But I guess it was also a district that would allow a green player and his gold friend to team up 😉

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

yood is lost in woods.

I am so happy I choose to have the forum auto-ignore yood's posts for me. Best thing I've ever done in the history of this forum. All his posts are pure troll-bait and irrelevant to the topic at hand. You might want to do the same (just hover mouse over his forum avatar and select "Ignore this user")

Merged.

19 hours ago, Bambola said:

An example:

In this example the three silver will probably have backup option. Unless they are high silvers (close to gold) and the golds are low silvers (close to silver).

Merged.

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

There are plenty of threads of some golds openly dethreating just to torment bronzes for easy wins.

People from Jericho as well as Citadel have spoken up about this.

...and they destroy the game more than cheaters do (because new players will be wtfpwnd, think that people they were killed by were cheating, leave the game to never come back and also tell others that everyone in APB is cheating).

Dethreating should be a banishable offense. 

Having said that, you can now use the new /report functionality. There is a whole category for "dethreating".  You might want to use it. Who knows, maybe LO will take action (hopefully).

17 hours ago, Seedy said:

it is the ranks of the players though that is concerning as the other players in my group were sub 60 ranked

Character rank mean much less than you seem to think.

A very skilled player with a R010 character will win 10 times out of 10 against an inexperienced player with a R255 character and access to all legendary items in the entire game.

2 hours ago, Bishada8800 said:

...and they destroy the game more than cheaters do (because new players will be wtfpwnd, think that people they were killed by were cheating, leave the game to never come back and also tell others that everyone in APB is cheating).

Dethreating should be a banishable offense. 

Having said that, you can now use the new /report functionality. There is a whole category for "dethreating".  You might want to use it. Who knows, maybe LO will take action (hopefully).

Character rank mean much less than you seem to think.

A very skilled player with a R010 character will win 10 times out of 10 against an inexperienced player with a R255 character and access to all legendary items in the entire game.

i didnt know you can report people specifically for dethreating, and you are right: It should be an offence that gets people completely removed from the game. New people will constantly be leaving because of this. They WILL think people are cheating and never return. Its obvious they will also tell people they were right to call apb a hacker infested game as this is the exact impression it gives new players.

Merged.

14 hours ago, greenfield said:

this will be sorted out when matchmaking will pick available players from all fin/water instances and gather them in matches. The way we have it now, due low pop, gold players can't even play the game in low hours, since in most of these hours, only a bronze instance is available.

this happened in EU server at around 3pm saturday. There were around 6 full districts. No reason what so ever to be in bronze.

• Thanks 1

Without over simplifying the development effort, as many have mentioned quite a few times over the past year or two,

it would seem that either disabling a Gold player to join a mission or kicking them back to lobby when in a Bronze district,

might provide the biggest bang for the buck for an intermediate solution until a matchmaking/phasing overhaul is provided.

I mean, the code already exist that checks a players threat level before entering a district.

Ergo, Gold players cannot join Bronze districts.

All they would need to do in Bronze districts is after each mission, check the threat level of all mission participants,

and if they're Gold, either kick them to the lobby, or disable the ability to join any other missions.

There has been no mention that I have seen, of a timeline/roadmap regarding a matchmaking/phasing overhaul.

A significant effort I'll guess, considering the design, development and testing involved.

But I would conservatively guess that we won't see this for at least a year or more.

I realize that their development team is probably stretched pretty thin,

but @MattScott should consider this interim solution to alleviate/minimize issues with new player retention.

Matt Scott, thoughts ?

Edited by Westford
  • Thanks 1

gold looks like a huge pile of elephant shit. You can dig with a shovel.

anger tends to accumulate.

Edited by Yood

18 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Not sure if you're just trolling (although I stongly suspect you are) but this is an utterly ridiculous arguement.

Nobody stays green for more than a couple of missions, I once made a character just to test this, I didn't get a single kill yet after just a handful of missions I was silver.

Golds in bronze are just cancer pure and simple and it's killing this game.

Anyway we all know that golds hate being teamed with lower skilled players because they are such a bunch of tryhards.

Oh yes, it was trollishly meant but also a stab at the fact that the current matchmaking system is still inadequate, broken, not working or however you want to put it. 

Obviously dethreathing is still a problem but you should be able to play with friends. 

won't let you gold change anything . it is not profitable for them , gold needs one district for all .

gold looks like a huge pile of elephant shit. You can dig with a shovel.

Edited by Yood

Rather than creating a workaround (figuring out how to prevent gold players from starting missions while they are in a bronze district) they should perhaps instead focus on the root cause of the problem (people that deliberately screw with the threat system on purpose by artificially deflating their threat rating).

Stick: Make it harder / boring / time consuming / pointless / illegal to dethreat.

Carrot: Give gold players that manage to stay gold some kind of incentive to keep on staying gold (slightly more exp and apb$ per mission or a tiny JT bonus for each mission or whatever).

Having said that, I think it is a good idea that gold players are not allowed to press K while they are in bronze districts. Less reason to dethreat is A Good Thing(tm) in my books.

6 hours ago, Fasalina said:

Oh yes, it was trollishly meant but also a stab at the fact that the current matchmaking system is still inadequate, broken, not working or however you want to put it. 

It actually works for what it is intended for.

Some people think that it should put more emphasis on the threat level.

Others think that it should put more emphasis on pure number of players (this is why we had chaos district awhile back, remember?)

Personally I think it should put a little bit more (not much more) emphasis on the threat level (player skill level) and a bit less emphasis on pure number of players. I would say that one gold player (that is not close to silver) is often worth two silvers (that are not too close to gold), but in the current matchmaking we have so are two players vs one player valued more and the gold player in this case would even have an option to call for backup.

But this obviously only work if people actually play their skill and don't try to screw with the system on purpose by artificially inflate or deflate their threat rating.

Edited by Bishada8800

10 hours ago, Bishada8800 said:

I am so happy I choose to have the forum auto-ignore yood's posts for me. Best thing I've ever done in the history of this forum. All his posts are pure troll-bait and irrelevant to the topic at hand. You might want to do the same (just hover mouse over his forum avatar and select "Ignore this user")

yood appears to misunderstood me and thought I am gold and harassing bronzes and/or approving of it or something like that

tldr : conversation between yood and fortune is lost in translation - it happens. yood is ok

this is why we had chaos district awhile back, remember?)

chaos districts were just 50v50 fc matches except in mission districts 

5 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

chaos districts were just 50v50 fc matches except in mission districts 

I am thinking of the mission district trial where match making was turned off. 1 player was worth 1 player. No threat. Team of 3 of the best players on the server would have option to call backup against 4 bronze because 4 players is more than 3 players. Thought it was called Chaos District, but maybe they called it something else. (The name if the actual district is not really important though)

Rather than creating a workaround (figuring out how to prevent gold players from starting missions while they are in a bronze district) they should perhaps instead focus on the root cause of the problem (people that deliberately screw with the threat system on purpose by artificially deflating their threat rating).

I agree that understanding the root cause for players dethreating should be a focal point,

but that effort, in my opinion should be a part of the matchmaking/phasing overhaul.

My suggestion, which echos many others in the last two years, as a "quick fix".

Not perfect.

Does not require a lengthy design/development or testing phase.

(The logic/code already exists to check player threat)

A quick fix to plug a finger in the dam that would probably help alleviate/minimize one huge issue that plagues new player retention.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bishada8800 said:

I am thinking of the mission district trial where match making was turned off. 1 player was worth 1 player. No threat. Team of 3 of the best players on the server would have option to call backup against 4 bronze because 4 players is more than 3 players. Thought it was called Chaos District, but maybe they called it something else. (The name if the actual district is not really important though)

open conflict is probably what you're thinking of, and it had no matchamking at all

whoever was readied up would be thrown into missions; 2v2, 4v4, 3v2, 4v1, it didnt matter - in the end if it actually ensured equal numbers of players on each team i feel the districts would have been much better

the situation when 3 gold cause aid against 4 T lv- LUDICROUS

9 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

yood appears to misunderstood me

See. that is what he does. All the time. I never seen a single post that is actually on topic or that make any sense. They are *all* either pure troll bait or heavily "lost in translation". Every single one. I normally never ignore people and I normally love a lengthy discussion, but reading and replying to this forum became so much easier after I choose to ignore him. Best decision ever.

Edited by Bishada8800

1 hour ago, Bishada8800 said:

See. that is what he does. All the time. I never seen a single post that is actually on topic or that make any sense. They are *all* either pure troll bait or heavily "lost in translation". Every single one. I normally never ignore people and I normally love a lengthy discussion, but reading and replying to this forum became so much easier after I choose to ignore him. Best decision ever.

google translate is terrible

lost in translation is google translate fault