Thelnformer

Can we PLEASE go away with MARKETPLACE TAX?

Do we need marketplace TAX?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need marketplace TAX?

• Yes, we need money sink !
    • No ! Please it has no place in the game
    • Reduce Tax to ~5%

Seriously it has no place in this game and the damn TAX IS TOO HIGH !!!

I sold nano, got 500k as tax.... Sold condor 480k as tax ...Sold hitch hiker 55k tax... Like seriously...1 million *POOF* 😧

Edited by Thelnformer
  • Like 2

20% seems a little more than it should be, make it 7% or completely remove it in my opinion.

• Like 4

Since the game pretty much has no way to lose money, I would rather keep it. it's an important part that keeps the marketplace prices balanced, otherwise older players would have so much money that new players could never access the marketplace.

• Like 3

keep it in

it’s especially needed for stuff like symbols and themes that can be duped and resold infinitely 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Since the game pretty much has no way to lose money, I would rather keep it. it's an important part that keeps the marketplace prices balanced, otherwise older players would have so much money that new players could never access the marketplace.

Older players only really have so much money due to spending real cash on weapons thus removing the need for the in-game rentals. Not all players are like that though...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nessie said:

I feel that it's competition that's more important in balancing prices, not the tax, because all sellers are losing money and I don't particularly understand why, unless Enforcers are being paid with tax money, in which case, I need to stop supporting my enemies lol.

Also, you can lose money by buying ammo, though you'll likely make more money in the time it took to empty your munitions.

19 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

keep it in

it’s especially needed for stuff like symbols and themes that can be duped and resold infinitely 

But, if I can dupe and resell, then all I need to do is sell 5 symbols instead of 4 to make the same amount, right?

-------------

Maybe I'm just not understanding, feel free to help me clarify things

26 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

keep it in

when i used to make themes, i sold them at 2k. and a lot of people would buy them. but then i saw them on the marketplace and people were reselling my themes for 20k.

so i bumped up my prices to 20k, and no one buys them. feels bad.

Just now, ScarecrowXIII said:

But, if I can dupe and resell, then all I need to do is sell 5 symbols instead of 4 to make the same amount, right?

-------------

Maybe I'm just not understanding, feel free to help me clarify things

you can't dupe other people's creations. you can only buy them, sell them, or mail them. but the duplicate option is not available for other people's creations.

3 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

you can't dupe other people's creations. you can only buy them, sell them, or mail them. but the duplicate option is not available for other people's creations.

I know that, I meant if I made something, I could dupe and resell it.

Wish I was that artistic though, best I could do was an explosives warning symbol and an imitation of the Enforcer max rank symbol.

Sold the warning sign for about 8-10k.

10%-15% is reasonable, but the 20% is a lil steep, it stops people from trying to make money on the marketplace because it's so hard to make a profit on certain items

Speaking of San Paro taxes eating up all our hard earned money, refurbing something shouldn't cost so damn much

Edited by Archon
  • Like 4

We need the tax, but we need a smaller amount.  And it should be upfront, such as 2% tax taken for listing an item, so shi-  ...  annoying people  cant spam the market with eleventy billion dollar listings.  And then maybe 3% after the sale if the 2% isn't enough.

Its not hard to make money in this game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScottDaniels said:

Its not hard to make money in this game.

Depends on how you go about it:

Ram Raiding - easy but my brain goes numb and I leave the district after 5 minutes just to go get stomped by some Enforcers

Missions - dependent on performance, boosted with premium

Marketplace - have to have what people want

The tax really isn't just a cash sink, it also keeps the real cash market down somewhat as well.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Archon said:

-snip-

Hey, where'd you get your signature? And how did you add the image? Couldn't figure out how.

You even stated the reason why these taxes are there: gold sink.

It is a core element of any game's economy.

I do agree some things should vary in the taxes rates, in example, if you buy a car that costs between $80 up to $1.000.000 from the NPCs, and then you have to sell it at a +25% higher price to get back your investment and above that there's so few margin for any additional earnings for it, it is not fair that then when you sell a symbol there is no cost for it to duplicate it as much as you want, so this makes the car business being something not profitable against the fact we even make real money investments to get the kits in order to provide our customers with a high quality service.

I could go deeper with this topic, you already made your thread so probably in a near future, when this discussion comes to a conclusion someone could open a new thread to talk about the technicalities  of the economy mechanics of the game to discuss how to improve it.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

keep it in

there was also an exploit which is why it is as high as it is but i don't remember the details anymore

Ok, so I did research (i.e. opened Wikipedia) and found this: 

"Gold sink is an economic process by which a video game's ingame currency ('gold'), or any item that can be valued against it, is removed. This process is comparable to financial repression in real economies. Most commonly the genres are role-playing game or massively multiplayer online game. The term is comparable to timesink, but usually used in reference to game design and balance, commonly to reduce inflation when commodities and wealth are continually fed to players through sources such as quests, looting monsters, or minigames."

So, I understand taxing symbols but everything else comes with a cost, vehicles, mods, even legendaries (bought with either in game currency or G1C) and aren't exactly "continually fed" to us.

It's also kind of annoying if you buy a legendary with in game currency, decide to resell and in order to sell, you have to make a 20% loss in order to be competitive or risk bumping up the price and having it sit on the MP until the cheaper options sell out.

So I guess removing it isn't viable but it might need to be looked at.

• Thanks 1

i dont have an issue with market tax... but bor that shit is 20% .... do u know what 20% is? maybe 5% is enough?

Am I the only one who understands that you're not supposed to make profits easily when RESELLING an item?

20% is too much, but just because you paid  $50k for something doesn't mean you should easily be able to then resell for more. That's the whole point of the tax. Your margin of profit is supposed to be tiny. 

Lower the tax but don't get rid of it. A single person shouldn't constantly make profit because they're putting HS3 up 50 times and making half or more back on the sale.

Yeah cause the game's economy isn't inflated enough as it is, let's remove a money sink and make it worse.

APB needs more money sinks, not less.

• Like 1

no matter how you look at it 20% is way too high. either lower it or do away with it. 

Anyone can vote if you know why it's needed or not.

I stopped caring about money years ago.

Irony is if you remove market tax to "save money" your money has less value because everyone has more money so the price of everything goes up the whole "it would be cheaper if we dident have to factor in market tax" won't last very long. Do you really except people to sell cars cheaper then they were before?