TheDogCatcher

Hackusations, mistrust and a dwindling population

2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

what else would a language be

and if anyone says sign language i will slap the shit out of them

but you said it first.....

42 minutes ago, Yood said:

it's not my fault English is limited to words . English and Russian have completely different vocabulary . Excuse me. it upsets me . I'm starting to make the assumption that I will convey the idea to you in Russian or duplicate the translation .  

what you think ?

My apologies.

My experience with Online Translators has been a mixed bag.

I applaud your efforts.

2 hours ago, Westford said:

My apologies.

My experience with Online Translators has been a mixed bag.

I applaud your efforts.

elementary check: take any poem in Russian , translate it into English and back into Russian - you will get a completely different text

4 hours ago, Glaciers said:

idk if thats true or not but you could run the same scripts with various built in mouse software, so idk if that counts or not lol

Logitech Macro been thru all the hack shields for this game and still runs well. I paid for the mouse, am I allowed to use it then or nah?

Edited by Xinsini

why do people still think the mass unban changed anything? you have the same population of before the unban now, you are fighting the same players over and over..they reroll out of boredom

Edited by Lato
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lato said:

why do people still think the mass unban changed anything? you have the same population of before the unban now, you are fighting the same players over and over..they reroll out of boredom

That's not the point I was making, I'm not actually saying there are more cheats since the unban, it's more a matter of perception.

If you unban all those accounts players become suspicious that every person they face "could" be an unbanned cheater up to their old tricks again, and thus hackusations go through the roof, essentially it errodes player trust especially when they don't see any evidence that cheaters are being dealt with, on the whole it just makes things more toxic.

Say what you want about fairfight bans, I know that site was as toxic as all hell but at least it gave players the impression that something was being done about the problem regardless of how reliable those bans were, right now nobody knows what is happening and that only feeds the suspicion and paranoia.

I only play on Citadel so I have no idea what goes on on Jericho which is where most of the people in this thread seem to be playing, you could be having a totally different experience to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Things are looking bleak at the moment,  I don't know if LO are actually banning people for cheating but right now paranoia is running rampant.

Even I have been accused of cheating and if anyone here has seen me play you'll know what a joke that is.

Just recently I've seen a fair bit of suspicious activity, I can't say for sure whether people are cheating but things certainly seem far worse than they have ever been and they've never been great.

Some sort of confirmation from LO that they are actually taking steps to deal with this issue would be nice because right now their silence on the matter is only feeding the cancer.

and honestly speaking after unbanning everyone when they first took over I feel like they aren't taking this issue very seriously. Maybe they are working hard to keep the game clean but their unwillingness to discuss the matter just feels like they are being complacent to me. The fact that we've seen 3 different anticheats in the space of a year doesn't exactly fill me with hope, I just get the impression that they don't know what they are doing.

Given that it's taking them over a month to answer support tickets I have to wonder if they even have enough staff to deal with banning players if bans have to be manually reviewed

Get used to it. I haven't played APB for a year since nothing interesting is happening to the game.

Then I've decided to jump in for one day.

Got immediately hackusated for aim and macro, called out for not having a life and what not.

Hell, even when I chat on APB streams there are always some people who are calling me out for cheating.

People who constantly play APB for years will always look like cheaters to less skilled players.

You can't change the way people think no matter what.

I agree with the fact that it seems like LO doesn't know what to do when it comes to cheaters.

I'm really hoping that EAC will work out but then again... I see how things were going so far so idk...

5 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Say what you want about fairfight bans, I know that site was as toxic as all hell but at least it gave players the impression that something was being done about the problem regardless of how reliable those bans were, right now nobody knows what is happening and that only feeds the suspicion and paranoia.

did it let players know something was being done? or did it just contribute to the paranoia?

because i saw a lot more people saying “17000+ bans” and “apb is cheat infested” than people saying “g1 is doing something about cheaters”

but maybe thats just me

Edited by Glaciers
typo

6 hours ago, Xinsini said:

Logitech Macro been thru all the hack shields for this game and still runs well. I paid for the mouse, am I allowed to use it then or nah?

I paid for my cheats too. 

Joking aside... the mouse yes, the macros no. 

Kinda funny seeing the same 4 people arguing in one thread

Paints the picture of how dead this game is. RIP Jericho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

did it let players know something was being done? or did it just contribute to the paranoia?

because i saw a lot more people saying “17000+ bans” and “apb is cheat infested” than people saying “g1 is doing something about cheaters”

but maybe thats just me

Well I doubt it's just you.

However I remember hearing that APB was a cheat infested sewer long before I even started to play, years before FFbans was a thing, so to me at least seeing all those bans made me feel like G1 were at the bare minimum trying to address the issue.

• Thanks 1

Even if there where no cheats for APB, i bet you there'd still be hackusations flying left and right :^)

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Jericho might be dead, but at least I haven't seen a sus player in weeks. 

There's so little of you that even cheaters don't find cheating there entertaining.

22 minutes ago, Mitne said:

There's so little of you that even cheaters don't find cheating there entertaining.

you really stuck the knife in there man..

Meanwhile on EU servers 6 full districts and 3 semi full. plus 150 in 1 social and 80 in the other. Also I very very rarely see anyone i think is cheating now. even if i do think so i can probably put it down to me not playing hard enough so i dismiss my own speculation.

14 hours ago, Glaciers said:

what else would a language be

and if anyone says sign language i will slap the shit out of them

residents of one of the canary islands speak through knots, they take rope, and different knots have their own definitions, its kinda wild

2 minutes ago, Asu said:

residents of one of the canary islands speak through knots, they take rope, and different knots have their own definitions, its kinda wild

gtfo

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

gtfo

hey man you asked

On 6/27/2019 at 4:19 AM, Asu said:

At least on Jericho there's noticeably less cheaters tbh, either that or they're utter garbage with cheats

I disagree,  I have seen many questionable things in the last 2 weeks. And, I have been hackusated alot more myself!

Merged.

On 6/27/2019 at 9:24 AM, Lato said:

No greater truth ever spoken on these forums. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Havana said:

I disagree,  I have seen many questionable things in the last 2 weeks. And, I have been hackusated alot more myself!

Believe me when i say im not trying to be a díck but you're probably not that good at apb if you feel you've seen cheaters

Edited by Asu
"banana" does not accentuate the genuinity of my statement
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Yood said:

elementary check: take any poem in Russian , translate it into English and back into Russian - you will get a completely different text

tried that with many languages.

very true

perhaps it would be better if I write in my native language . you will have to do one translator , it will give the minimum loss washed away in the text when the rules of grammar .

Edited by Yood

Dude. Since they implemented EAC, AutoIt and AHK scripts work again lmfao xD You play against a low rank with a sniper, shotgun or ntec, you bet your butt they running old scripts. Haha this game is a joke. Easy triggerbot and wallhack. Haha. Funny stuff my guy. Funny. Copy and paste run as admin lmfao. Ez guys ez. 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 1:22 AM, TheDogCatcher said:

I only play on Citadel so I have no idea what goes on on Jericho which is where most of the people in this thread seem to be playing, you could be having a totally different experience to me.

That's why CookiePuss and I speak up for Jericho and are vocal about if we see anyone suspicious.

I haven't had time to play this past week from a lot of work to get done and CookiePuss reported on a thread this past week that there wern't any suspicious people in sight recently.

For the record , any suspicious people I seen the past few months who would destroy other golds in silver district , " disappeared " so either they were legit and just ahven't played or got banned for not being legit.

12 hours ago, CykaBlaytSkis said:

Dude. Since they implemented EAC, AutoIt and AHK scripts work again lmfao xD You play against a low rank with a sniper, shotgun or ntec, you bet your butt they running old scripts. Haha this game is a joke. Easy triggerbot and wallhack. Haha. Funny stuff my guy. Funny. Copy and paste run as admin lmfao. Ez guys ez. 

Wow .....so we know what you like now.....

I've encountered way less cheaters since  BE was implemented.  Blatants anyway.  I tend to give the benefit of the doubt when I think I see a closet because I know I'm not very good at the game.  Ever since BE was added we haven't had speed hackers zooming around the districts.  I ran into a few instances where I thought I saw speed hackers but they just turned out to be LO staff once I caught  up to them and saw their names.  There have been a handful of people that seemed fishy but I only ever saw those particular people like once or twice, then never again.  One thing I'll always miss about speed hackers is when they get P5 or N5 and run into the side of your car.  That thud is the most satisfying sound.

23 hours ago, Fasalina said:

Even if there where no cheats for APB, i bet you there'd still be hackusations flying left and right :^)

That's undeniable lol.  Even with how shit I am, I still get hackusated a lot.  You know there's a lot of paranoia going around if someone as shit as me gets hackusated as a near max rank on a regular basis.

Edited by BrandonBranderson