TheDogCatcher

Hackusations, mistrust and a dwindling population

Things are looking bleak at the moment,  I don't know if LO are actually banning people for cheating but right now paranoia is running rampant.

Even I have been accused of cheating and if anyone here has seen me play you'll know what a joke that is.

Just recently I've seen a fair bit of suspicious activity, I can't say for sure whether people are cheating but things certainly seem far worse than they have ever been and they've never been great.

Some sort of confirmation from LO that they are actually taking steps to deal with this issue would be nice because right now their silence on the matter is only feeding the cancer.

and honestly speaking after unbanning everyone when they first took over I feel like they aren't taking this issue very seriously. Maybe they are working hard to keep the game clean but their unwillingness to discuss the matter just feels like they are being complacent to me. The fact that we've seen 3 different anticheats in the space of a year doesn't exactly fill me with hope, I just get the impression that they don't know what they are doing.

Given that it's taking them over a month to answer support tickets I have to wonder if they even have enough staff to deal with banning players if bans have to be manually reviewed

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

They don't manually ban people. They ban based on statistics (Probably) and processes running on your computer.

If your not hacking, you're (Probably) safe.

sounds like business as usual for apb

25 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

bans have to be manually reviewed

Yes. but manual bans are bad . I am very worried about trusting your account is not very competent professionals .

2 minutes ago, Yood said:

Yes. but manual bans are bad . I am very worried about trusting your account is not very competent professionals .

they arent totally manual - the anticheat system flags and temp bans detected cheaters, and then staff decide whether to make the temp ban permanent or not

if anything i'd say this system is more likely to result in less people getting false banned, as im pretty sure the staff are likely to err on the cautious side 

All the people who insist there are less cheaters than you think are either delusional or trolls.

you just need google the websites where people would get said cheats...

look at the amount of views and downloads in the threads containing the cheats...

its disgusting 

Edited by Iosono
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sono123 said:

All the people who insist there are less cheaters than you think are either delusional or trolls.

look at the amount of views and downloads in the threads containing the cheats...

its disgusting 

so I'm a delusional Troll .

this problem can not be completely destroyed , it is possible only to minimize the risks .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Yood said:

this problem can not be completely destroyed , it is possible only to minimize the risks .

If you insist 

27 minutes ago, sono123 said:

its disgusting 

did you actually look or did you just skim a google results page?

when i checked a week or two ago there was 1 semi-public cheat floating around, rumors of a couple private cheats, and probably some colorbots that still work

the sad fact of the matter is apb is so dead that its really not worth it for most to maintain working cheats 

Edited by Glaciers
typo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yood said:

Yood,

Either "Google Translator" is failing you, and we are the victims,

or you like to speak in metaphors, in which case, we are still the victims.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sono123 said:

its disgusting 

At least on Jericho there's noticeably less cheaters tbh, either that or they're utter garbage with cheats

4 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

did you actually look or did you just skim a google results page?

when i checked a week or two ago there was 1 semi-public cheat floating around, rumors of a couple private cheats, and probably some colorbots that still work

the sad fact of the matter is apb is so dead that its really not worth it for most to maintain working cheats 

It was just a quick search. I don’t remember the name of the sight but it was like one of the first results.

When I looked there were thousands of downloads.

Hopefully that site has since gone down.

2 minutes ago, sono123 said:

It was just a quick search. I don’t remember the name of the sight but it was like one of the first results.

I mean, you can't exactly guarantee that said cheats are also undetected, like glaciers(god that hurt to type) previously said, this game is dead to the point where public cheats aren't worth maintaining.

1 minute ago, Asu said:

I mean, you can't exactly guarantee that said cheats are also undetected, like glaciers(god that hurt to type) previously said, this game is dead to the point where public cheats aren't worth maintaining.

I do hope that’s the case.

tbh I don’t feel like I’m facing cheaters a lot of the time, but seeing that site was pretty jarring

6 minutes ago, sono123 said:

every result on the first page of "apb cheats" search results is either defunct or a forum where they also don't know of any public cheats

Well, the word is out, on some unknown public cheat website, that this iteration of EAC implementation does not kick (detect ?) AHK.

Given that news, it would be fair to assume that any "Auto-click", "Trigger-Bot", "Reduced-Recoil", etc ,,, would be fully functional.

Good news for some.

Not so good news for others.

But why ?

In a 10 year old game ?

Seriously... ?

Oh well.

giphy.gif

Edited by Westford

Jericho might be dead, but at least I haven't seen a sus player in weeks. 

Edited by CookiePuss

Just now, Westford said:

Well, word is out, on some unknown public cheat website, that this iteration of EAC implementation does not kick (detect ?) AHK.

Given that news, it would be fair to assume that any "Auto-click", "Trigger-Bot", "Reduced-Recoil", etc ,,, would be fully functional.

Good news for some.

Not so good news for others.

But why ?

In a 10 year old game ?

Seriously... ?

Oh well.

[gif]

idk if thats true or not but you could run the same scripts with various built in mouse software, so idk if that counts or not lol

Just now, CookiePuss said:

I gotta second this, I haven't seen a player I thought was sus in months. That is, that I didn't quickly acknowledge it was my failure to play the game properly that caused my death

36 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

idk if thats true or not but you could run the same scripts with various built in mouse software, so idk if that counts or not lol

As a former developer myself, I have looked at some AHK & Autoit scripts.

Pretty damn impressive what you can do.

I messed around a bit with Logitech scripts in the past, not sure if the scripting software that comes bundled with Gaming Mice today,

are on par with AHK & Autoit.

But yes...

You make a great point with regards to other "Scripting" utilities.

Should it be allowed ?

How does a Gaming Co. restrict 3rd party applications (scripting utilities) in usage of their software ?

(Edit: 3rd party applications is too broad)

Many of us are still waiting for an answer.

Edited by Westford

1 hour ago, Asu said:

At least on Jericho there's noticeably less cheaters tbh, either that or they're utter garbage with cheats

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Yup, there's basically nothing on Jericho anymore. Instead, the majority of the playerbase on the server dethreats.

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Yup, there's basically nothing on Jericho anymore. Instead, the majority of the playerbase on the server dethreats.

Very sad, but very true.

1 hour ago, Westford said:

Yood,

Either "Google Translator" is failing you, and we are the victims,

or you like to speak in metaphors, in which case, we are still the victims.

it's not my fault English is limited to words . English and Russian have completely different vocabulary . Excuse me. it upsets me . I'm starting to make the assumption that I will convey the idea to you in Russian or duplicate the translation .  

what you think ?

Edited by Yood

1 minute ago, Yood said:

it's not my fault English is limited to words . English and Russian have completely different vocabulary . Excuse me. it upsets me . I'm starting to make the assumption that I will convey the idea to you in Russian . what you think ?

Yood if i could i would drink with you.

no worries

i know yood is ok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Yood said:

it's not my fault English is limited to words

what else would a language be

and if anyone says sign language i will slap the shit out of them