Mitne

RIOT -> Group as teams. Just no.

I don't know if I pointed it out enough but I'm against teams formed from groups in RIOTs. It leads to situations in which every solo team loses to groups. Yet again try-hardism kills this game.

Now will you finally think about LO? Or I really need to point out, yeeeeet again?

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I again fail to see how this is different from the game in general. Premade groups always have had an advantage over solo players in APB and always will.

Ideally, RIOT would be seperated into a queue for solos and for groups but the pop won't support that.

I'm solo playing currently, but I don't see why people who have mates to group with should be told they can't because it's not fair on me. Should we remove grouping from the game entirely? Or water everything down to the point where groups are irrelevant?

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 3

Imagine if is only solo..some1 enter with hes friend and they start communicate and find themselfs on the map.Start 2vs1 everybody..can be also 3vs1 or 4vs1.That happens when u try to make BR with small playerbase

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Imagine if is only solo..some1 enter with hes friend and they start communicate and find themselfs on the map.Start 2vs1 everybody..can be also 3vs1 or 4vs1.That happens when u try to make BR with small playerbase

Last time I played on Jericho, one clan had 3 teams in the mode.

They played as a 9 man team till the last round then just took turns winning.

... was not very fun

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MrChan said:

I again fail to see how this is different from the game in general. Premade groups always have had an advantage over solo players in APB and always will.

Ideally, RIOT would be seperated into a queue for solos and for groups but the pop won't support that.

I'm solo playing currently, but I don't see why people who have mates to group with should be told they can't because it's not fair on me. Should we remove grouping from the game entirely? Or water everything down to the point where groups are irrelevant?

Only from RIOT. Too small population for groups to effectively not destroy game.

Just go to Citadel and see for yourself. Happens as we talk.

Edited by Mitne

22 minutes ago, MrChan said:

I again fail to see how this is different from the game in general. Premade groups always have had an advantage over solo players in APB and always will

riot premades basically take all the "bad" things about normal mission premades and turn it up to 11

23 minutes ago, MrChan said:

the grouping mechanic for riot is just inherently unfair as there's rarely ever an even number of participants, having premade groups of 4 vs random teams of 3/2/1 is too busted to work

if players want to team up with each other after the match starts then i think that's something theyre more than welcome to do, but there shouldnt be built in group mechanics

And if some of you are asking. "Why you keep being on repeat about it?".

Because it's simple solution for simple idiocy.

And would already make RIOT 10 times better.

Problematic is that LO for some reason don't respond to that nor implement that.

One should wonder... why?

Edited by Mitne

7 hours ago, MrChan said:

all right.

11 hours ago, MrChan said:

the biggest difference is in a mission you have unlimited lives and start with a full loadout and can change weapons to suit your situation.  You can win by attrition simply by respawning.

They need to fully disable premade teams for Riot.  It's already dead and I refuse to keep trying when the same team keeps dominating over and over.  Unless the premade has zero team work, there is no chance for a pug to beat them in Riot.

Edited by illgot

Guess what? APB is a team game. It's not their fault you didn't make yourself a team.

Edited by Gro
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

These people then get reported and banned, similarly to how its handled in other games in the genre (Fortnite, for example).

37 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

These people then get reported and banned, similarly to how its handled in other games in the genre (Fortnite, for example).

Prove that this team do that.

It effectively reduces itself to your words against their.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Prove that this team do that. It effectively reduces itself to your words against their.

1. Player reports suspected collaboration play.
  2. GM reviews report and then uses spectate cam to watch suspected player's gameplay.
  3. Players get actioned because collaboration play is hilariously obvious to anyone with half a brain cell available.

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
  1. Player reports suspected collaboration play.
  2. GM reviews report and then uses spectate cam to watch suspected player's gameplay. <- Yeah "review". It reduces most of time to log check and after the fact.
  3. Players get actioned because collaboration play is hilariously obvious to anyone with half a brain cell available. <- Yet somehow we get a lot of players which get away with a lot of shit. Hmmmm...

There you go.

While you're right that there should be different queue modes for RIOT (solo, duo, 4-man group), the amount of population doesn't allow for that to happen. Also even if people aren't grouped they will still trade wins and team up.

We all know what the solution for all this is: making RIOT a seasonal event. Once APB has sufficient population, maybe then, enable RIOT permanently.

• Like 1

I honestly think grouping should be removed from bronze districts aswell, premades contribute a lot to the toxicity.

Let them go play in silver districts where they can't prey on noobs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swft said:

We all know what the solution for all this is: making RIOT a seasonal event. Once APB has sufficient population, maybe then, enable RIOT permanently.

^^^^^^

Make RIOT into the "Summer Survival Event" we were promised back in May of 2017. We don't typically have any events over the summer so this could be something. 

2 hours ago, swft said:

While you're right that there should be different queue modes for RIOT (solo, duo, 4-man group), the amount of population doesn't allow for that to happen.

And that's where you meet in the middle and allow grouping, but only up to two players per group.

Though with the population it's still impossible to stop people from grouping up without being in the same team, as we've already got 8 man groups or even higher running around.

The whole battle royale thing doesn't fit nor does it work with APB at all.

Edited by GhosT

6 hours ago, swft said:

While you're right that there should be different queue modes for RIOT (solo, duo, 4-man group), the amount of population doesn't allow for that to happen. Also even if people aren't grouped they will still trade wins and team up.

This will make this problem thousand times worse.

You don't need to look far. Autumn Assault.

Making it seasional punishes everyone who go solo.

Edited by Mitne

11 hours ago, Mitne said:

There you go.

I never said they'd actually bother. I'm just pointing out how it works if it's actually done properly.

21 hours ago, Gro said:

Guess what? APB is a team game. It's not their fault you didn't make yourself a team.

APB is a team game, but APB was never designed for Riot.  Teams in Riot breaks the system.

There were more than a few games where I had only one team mate, mean while the premades had 4, they were able to coordinate their weapons before the match, they were on voice, and in some cases multiple premades were working together actively not engaging each other until the end of the match were they would take turns "winning".

10 minutes ago, illgot said:

There were more than a few games where I had only one team mate, mean while the premades had 4, they were able to coordinate their weapons before the match, they were on voice,

dont forget that all cash is duplicated for every team member, so assuming the same amount was gathered a group of 4 would still have double the cash of a group of 2

it makes it basically impossible to win if you have a smaller group, especially since i think there's still a bug where a team with the most bribe money will win even if they're eliminated via death

45 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

dont forget that all cash is duplicated for every team member, so assuming the same amount was gathered a group of 4 would still have double the cash of a group of 2

it makes it basically impossible to win if you have a smaller group, especially since i think there's still a bug where a team with the most bribe money will win even if they're eliminated via death

I watched 2 teams cooperating once, they basically guarded the truck while they killed everyone else.  This was one of the games were we only had 2 people on our team.  That's when I just quit.

It's like LO thinks that "naaaaaah they won't abuse anything, it will be great and everyone will love it !".

Literally after first 24 hours:

tumblr_inline_pfp352ORsk1r4hkfd_250.png

37 minutes ago, Thial said:

It's like LO thinks that "naaaaaah they won't abuse anything, it will be great and everyone will love it !".

Literally after first 24 hours:

tumblr_inline_pfp352ORsk1r4hkfd_250.png

KESRMEb.jpg

RIOT Feedback in nutshell.

Edited by Mitne