Sign in to follow this  
CaptainSloth2Guns

If you have a plan LO .... and behold

19 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Once again, when will people understand that it's actually impossible to create a fair matchmaking system with a playerbase that small.

Judging by how often this thread gets made and they are still told every time, probably never.

4 hours ago, Yood said:

to deal with the problem of matchmaking balance - do NOT NEED a new engine .

4 hours ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

Exactly but this is hard for some people to believe. It's like saying they can't code in a certain engine, but we can in 3.5 lol

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

giphy.gif

Lo is drinking coffee and looking for fun receding of the gold and Gm . well so far you and your friend you more fun .

analyze comments , threads - everything will fall into place

Edited by Yood

Man this sloth guy is so uncomfortable to be around and I'm only reading his posts on a forum.

I think for being in the "IT" industry, which could be anything from customer service on the phone to server management for all we know, this post just reeks of ignorance. Regardless of APB, you do realize that there are things called engine limitations? If you could properly implement any feature within any engine just by having the right code, why would all these companies even bother updating their engines?

APB is such a code jungle precisely because they did this very thing. They implemented things by heavily modifying an older engine with custom code. Sure, it does (kinda) work in the end but look where this mess got us? It makes no sense to implement further custom code when the newer unreal engine literally supports these features without having to make a mess in the code. 

Edited by VanilleKeks

man who needs information will not blame engravers and artists . that's your problem

7 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Man this sloth guy is so uncomfortable to be around and I'm only reading his posts on a forum.

You should be more respectful to people with limited social skills working in the IT industry.

Please.

5 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

You should be more respectful to people with limited social skills working in the IT industry.

Please.

This isn't limited social skills, this is just (I am on two forum warnings so this post was censored). Most IT guys I ever met were a little awkward is all.

7 hours ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

Nope! I definitely did not. But a link would be good.

you're claiming to work in IT but seem to be unable to use the forums search function along with google. how curious.

that's just not how it works. you can't just fix the mm system in its current state, it does its best with what it can work with. 80 players per district and a reasonable wait time just make a good mm experience impossible. it does have apparent flaws, mainly dethreating being quite easy but which game doesn't allow this.

Edited by neophobia

3 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

This isn't limited social skills, this is just (I am on two forum warnings so this post was censored). Most IT guys I ever met were a little awkward is all.

In honour of our combined warnings, maybe we could settle on "alcohol-fueled awkwardness".

9 hours ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

Surely matchmaking  should have been your top priority in bringing back the game and if you are incapable  of doing  so  then the game is doomed.

engine upgrade is the top but matchmaking in number 2 no doubt(best is to go in package)

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

Once again, when will people understand that it's actually impossible to create a fair matchmaking system with a playerbase that small.

G1 was unable to manage current matchmaking system they introduce back in 2014(or was 2013 cant remember)and they screw up with locking golds to theyr own dist. which force many cry babys to dethreat.After dat they scared and do nothing to change matchmaking and thats 1 of the main reasons playerbase start to decline.Playerbase was ok back then.Only obeya EU was over 1.8k players around 7pm.There was many simple ways of fixing it:hiding threat;"show recommended only" tab checkd by default so cant be changed or another way(which is worse)removing "choose district"(i mean advanced)tab.Was good ideas for back then but they did sht

Edited by TheMessiah

3 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

In honour of our combined warnings, maybe we could settle on "alcohol-fueled awkwardness".

It was definitely a late one and too many beers.

All I see with the game at the moment it's in a bad state and only LO knows how to sort it out and if it's feasible.
I also wish them the best of luck.

13 minutes ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

It was definitely a late one and too many beers.

All I see with the game at the moment it's in a bad state and only LO knows how to sort it out and if it's feasible.
I also wish them the best of luck.

In total agreement. The game is not in a particular good state. The community is not in a particularly good mood. The expected progress is not progressing as expected.

But at the end of the day, both LO and the community (except for a few individuals) want the game to return/evolve/move towards a more healthy state.

I realise it's almost impossible to get a fair match with so few players, I'd just settle for something other than 2v2's  or even 1v1's, it's so boring.

You should be more respectful to people with limited social skills working in the IT industry ? 

only LO knows how to sort it out and if it's feasible ?

is there anything you can do ?

Edited by Yood

Sign in to follow this