Thial

A message to Matt Scott (wall of text)

Hello @MattScott

So I'm writing this message due to the fact that I'm concerned with where LO is heading.

A lot in this message is common sense to many people but I thought that it would be nice to wrap it up in a direct message instead of having people write those things in many different threads.

Please don't take this as me hating or anything. I'm writing this out of concern for the game I really enjoy and have spent years playing.

I don't want LO to end up like G1 did with employees who had given up on life because APB has sucked all of the energy out of them.

When you took over G1 everyone was super hyped because everyone saw a little ray of hope (myself included).

You had some ups and downs at the beginning but you continued to share a lot of info with us.

I'm sure that you have also realized what kind of a mess APB was in terms of both management and development.

Anyway. You have added Battleye and now EAC which is very good.

You have done some really positive stuff for the game and you did more in just few months than G1 did in few years.

But to us the most important thing was the engine upgrade all along.

If I remember right it was first announced in 2013 so you can probably understand our frustration.

So there were already a couple of engine upgrade announcements after LO took over and things seemed to be going in the right direction.

But then something happened...

We started receiving less news.

The engine upgrade has faded away and RIOT took over.

I understand that you have felt like APB needs something refreshing and you wanted to bring new players in but this is not the way to do this.

Imagine coming to a church as a muslim and trying to convince christians that islam is better.

That's kind of how it feels when a community which has stayed in the game for so many years due to the unique APB gameplay gets a BR.

Not to mention that while yes APB might gain some new players it's a very temporary community.

In a copy paste genre like BR, as soon as a new BR game comes out the community shifts over to the new one.

It's a very unstable community and on top of it the BR genre is slowly dying anyway same as it was with the MMORPG genre before it.

Additionally there are many other great BR games which specialize in BR so I don't understand why people would come to play BR in APB.

Instead what people desperately want and what should be the #1 priority is the engine.

We have waited about 6 years already but we want it as soon as possible even if it means putting all devs onto it and not having any other content until then.

The new engine is the key to everything + it's a HUUUGE hope boost for so many people:

1. PERFORMANCE - Many people have left APB because they either couldn't even start the game or it was running so bad that they couldn't even achieve stable 60 fps. Not to mention outdated graphics and limits that the current engine has. For example I can't play with my high end PC because the current engine freaks out and throws random out of memory errors at me.

2. SPAWN SYSTEM - The current spawn system is attrocious. People spawning in the middle of the street and are instantly getting sniped or driven over. Sometimes the system is so broken that it doesn't even allow you to spawn even remotely close to the objectives while the enemy team is spawning directly on top of them (I had situations where my closest spawn was 400m away from the objective and more). Not to mention the attrocious mobile spawners which were added because G1 was too lazy to fix the actual system so they were like "here you go now you can spawn everywhere". The mobile spawner has really damaged the game and is heavily abused in many ways which makes some of the missions really stupid.

3. MATCHMAKING - The promised cross district matchmaking and a proper one at that. I think that even you have confirmed that the new engine is required to achieve this. A big reason as to why the game is slowly dying is that we can join specific instances of the districts which results in a bunch of people trying to join a single full district instead of filling the second one. That has really limited how many people are actually playing the game because some of them are simply giving up after clicking "Join District" for 30 minutes. Then other people are also under the impression that nobody is playing because only one district is up. Then of course we have the amazingly unbalanced teams where 4 max rank golds can get a mission against 4 low rank silvers or even bronzies and trainees.

4. THREAT SYSTEM - This should be one of the top priorities as well after the new engine comes out. Some people can be really toxic as golds and they constantly trash talk bronzies and silvers so those people simply leave the game because they don't feel welcome. Then comes the dethreating problem and new players being absolutely destroyed by veterans who want to feel good about themselves. The current elitism is a big factor which has damaged the community that's why it would be a good idea to remove the threat completely or at least make it invisible.

5. CHEATING - This also connects to the engine because a good engine with a good networking code can remove a lot of invulnerabilities that cheats are using to achieve their goal. A good engine would also allow you to implement some systems which would further make the life of cheat developers harder. I think this is what has damaged the game the most over the years.

Additionally it would be nice to have the entire ARMAS changed in some way to remove the P2W stigma.

This is only my stupid idea but what about changing the actual weapons into skins of the base guns and creating base guns for those ARMAS weapons which lack one and changing the current skins into "Spray" or "Paint".

Some of the ARMAS guns were already available through the Joker Store so I don't think this would damage anything.

The veteran players know that most of the time the ARMAS guns are just reskins but maybe it would be a good idea to make it more obvious.

Then come other balancing issues like some weapons or the car system where currently it's not worth using anything else than a pioneer since it just beats any other car in every way.

Then on the old forum we had a lot of suggestions on how to improve upon the already existing systems. One of the big ones was for example clan progression. Currently clans serve no other purpose than having an edgy tag under your name. We could have a nice progression system with rewards. Clan wars with a competitive ranking and more. But that's something for the future.

As you can see and I'm sure that you know it already there is so much to be done and releasing a BR mode at this point was not the best choice.

But it's not the end of the world. Everyone knows that it would most likely take many months before RIOT would be good. That means delays in the development of the engine once again since the RIOT team could be put up to work on the engine too.

It's not a bad idea to postpone RIOT and focus on the 5 points I have mentioned above. They are the main reason why people left APB. Fix those and the community will be back with a little bit of PR.

Then and only then people will be happy with adding new gamemodes and what not.

Otherwise any new content will make us feel like the engine is being postponed once again.

To not make this post sound too salty I would like to thank you for all that you have done for APB so far.

Without you we wouldn't even be here today.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 8

Yep. They add something to the game with the current engine and 10 other problems pop up. Most recent example would be that the Obeya FBW doesn't count towards the gunslinger role (Probably because it's the starter weapon in RIOT). They don't listen to the community at all and seem to have their own vision of what is best for the game instead of making a simple poll asking us what we want, and then using that information to make an educated decision. It's sad, really.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5. CHEATING:

i wish little orbit would take an example. So you can calm the people and you know that the anticheat system works.

Like this:

Today we have permanently banned a total of 301 accounts from the Black Desert Online service for the use of 3rd party software. They are broken down as follows:

Speedhacks: 85
Fishbots: 216

As with all of our ban waves, we’ve taken time to ensure the accuracy, so we won’t be accepting appeals.

Due to various complications, I intend to revise the methodology of performing banwaves in order to execute much smaller, but also much more frequent waves. I will try to keep you updated with news and action in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your patience as we’ve been working on this.

Edited by TackoGirl
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:

Like this:

Today we have permanently banned a total of 301 accounts from the Black Desert Online service for the use of 3rd party software. They are broken down as follows:

Speedhacks: 85
Fishbots: 216

Black Desert banning fishbots when the mechanics of the game literally promote it. lmao

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Black Desert banning fishbots when the mechanics of the game literally promote it. lmao

there is a bot available for fishbotting in bdo

There is no need to promote how many different cheaters were banned.
It's like taking out the garbage.

You don't show your neighbor what's in the bag.

Releasing the amounts of cheaters will only contribute to people being like "look look how many cheaters there are still in APB" which will ultimately result in people hacuksating each other.

• Like 3

On 6/24/2019 at 12:25 PM, Thial said:

We have waited about 6 years already but we want it as soon as possible even if it means putting all devs onto it and not having any other content until then.

The new engine is the key to everything + it's a HUUUGE hope boost for so many people

giphy.gif

Merged.

No more support for this topic?Really??This must be like pinned from us-the community and must be always on top.Otherwise doesnt matter who will become in charge-they will always do whatever they want with this game.We must cause pressure like 1 so we can get what we want..if u dont think so-no point coming back everyday on forums to cry why things not happening

Would be quite nice to receive some response from LO but a lack of response is also a response. My intent wasn't to enforce a response from LO or Matt Scott in the first place. I just hope that they will read this post and rethink their current strategy. That's all that we can really do. Hope.

Edited by Thial

Yay another one of these posts.

Another player claiming they "know the way".

add it to the pile

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Thial said:

There is no need to promote how many different cheaters were banned.
It's like taking out the garbage.

You don't show your neighbor what's in the bag.

Releasing the amounts of cheaters will only contribute to people being like "look look how many cheaters there are still in APB" which will ultimately result in people hacuksating each other.

Or Join the gane (if there is people) and notice them themselves without the need of Any data and then quit the game

20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yay another one of these posts.

Another player claiming they "know the way".

add it to the pile

Unlike you who can only make edgy comments I'm actually trying to make a change so you can leave if you don't like it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Thial said:

Unlike you who can only make edgy comments I'm actually trying to make a change so you can leave if you don't like it.

Im sorry to be this direct but you wont change anything...

2 minutes ago, BlueB said:

Im sorry to be this direct but you wont change anything...

Might be but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't at least try.

Took me 5 minutes to write this post.

That's a small price to pay for possibly creating some change.

Edited by Thial

8 minutes ago, Thial said:

Might be but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't at least try.

Took me 5 minutes to write this post.

That's a small price to pay for possibly creating some change.

Yes ofc you can try all you want... see, i try to be better person every day and see the results ;^)

Edit: 5'... please you been like a whole day struggling heh.

Edited by BlueB

20 minutes ago, Thial said:

Your massive ego aside, nothing you wrote was an original idea. Nothing you've suggested hasn't been suggested hundreds of times before.

Everything you've said has already been suggested to LO dozens and dozens of times.

Next time, try the search function before your ego convinces you that you are the chosen one, the one to show the way to success.

G8R8HFq.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Next time, try the search function before your ego convinces you that you are the chosen one, the one to show the way to success.

u talkin about ego jeez..keep kissin LO bud and thats it

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i'm more than positive that they are already aware and further messages are not needed (especially after the amount of prior ones like exactly this)

if the previous ones didn't change the ways, why would this one. the priorities big parts of the community see were argued pretty clear and plenty.

sorry if you added anything new, maybe you shouldn't have put stuff that was all said more than often enough before, i couldn't bother to read further after reading all the same in the first full half.

2 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

u talkin about ego jeez..keep kissin LO bud and thats it

that's not what ego means

Edited by neophobia

1 minute ago, neophobia said:

that's not what ego means

no sht sherlock..btw Thial stop replyn this sht goin nowhere and thats theyr point-topic will be locked soon

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Your massive ego aside, nothing you wrote was an original idea. Nothing you've suggested hasn't been suggested hundreds of times before.

Everything you've said has already been suggested to LO dozens and dozens of times.

G8R8HFq.gif

Right in the im silver and i know what im talking about, ouch.

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Have you even read my post ?

Literally the 3rd line:

A lot in this message is common sense to many people but I thought that it would be nice to wrap it up in a direct message instead of having people write those things in many different threads.

Also I have no clue where do you see some "ego" in my post or me being the "chosen one".

Speaking up doesn't mean me being above anyone else. I'm just a concerned player.

At this point I'm assuming that you are just trolling.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Thial said:

I did and i think you forgot to mention unreal engine 4 and how mattscott said during his Q&A session with Kempington that he has another team working on it in parallel with the team working on unreal engine 3.5 🙂

Just now, WorldDominator said:

I did and i think you forgot to mention unreal engine 4 and how mattscott said during his Q&A session with Kempington that he has another team working on it in parallel with the team working on unreal engine 3.5 🙂

There are two problems with this though.

1. Either there was one big team which was divided into two smaller teams which means the engine is being worked on with half the speed now.

2. Even if there were two teams from the beginning they could have made both teams work on the new engine since RIOT wasn't a priority and the engine was and still is because even if they will add new things to the game it will still be running on the old and broken engine. 

13 minutes ago, Thial said:

Literally the 3rd line:

Also I have no clue where do you see some "ego" in my post or me being the "chosen one".

Speaking up doesn't mean me being above anyone else. I'm just a concerned player.

At this point I'm assuming that you are just trolling.

What i personally dont understand is why you feel youll make a change typing somthing that already been said just because its you writting it.

16 minutes ago, Thial said:

Literally the 3rd line: [snip]

sadly this has also been done multiple times.

Edited by neophobia