Sign in to follow this  
Easiest

What LO did?

2 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

giphy.gif

What some players think LO are doing vs. what they are really doing.

I am honestly not sure which of the 2 versions is the players view.

Objectively spoken we have not seen anything "new" from LO.

We have, unbanning of cheaters, which G! did as well several times.

We have a new anticheat that is effective like a plant type Pokemon vs Fire. That's what G1 did too. 

We have a new game mode that no one really plays, that's what g1 did as well.

LO works on the new Engine, like G1 did for a long time as well.

We have a JMB release, which G1 did as well.

so yes  objectively LO atm is just like G1 2.0 

But nothing that LO does will help changing anything if the games performance and the server ones doesn't improve. Not even the most innovate awesome and cooles game mode will work when people lag around. So the Engine upgrade to be finished is that ONE and ONLY thing APB needs right now, given it's results improve those 2 Aspects. Then antic cheat measures and proper matchmaking are the second need the game has. and when this works somewhat properly then we can get new features because only then will new features be enjoyable.

Might be that LO does things different from G1 but right now at the Customers end, nothing really changed.

6 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

I am honestly not sure which of the 2 versions is the players view.

Objectively spoken we have not seen anything "new" from LO.

We have, unbanning of cheaters, which G! did as well several times.

We have a new anticheat that is effective like a plant type Pokemon vs Fire. That's what G1 did too. 

We have a new game mode that no one really plays, that's what g1 did as well.

LO works on the new Engine, like G1 did for a long time as well.

We have a JMB release, which G1 did as well.

so yes  objectively LO atm is just like G1 2.0 

But nothing that LO does will help changing anything if the games performance and the server ones doesn't improve. Not even the most innovate awesome and cooles game mode will work when people lag around. So the Engine upgrade to be finished is that ONE and ONLY thing APB needs right now, given it's results improve those 2 Aspects. Then antic cheat measures and proper matchmaking are the second need the game has. and when this works somewhat properly then we can get new features because only then will new features be enjoyable.

Might be that LO does things different from G1 but right now at the Customers end, nothing really changed.

It's just that it took G1 7 years to do almost nothing to put this game on a new level. Unless ARMAS counts as game content

8 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

It's just that it took G1 7 years to do almost nothing to put this game on a new level. Unless ARMAS counts as game content

it didn't ever needed a "new level" it would be sufficient to stay healthy and working, which is what didn't happen. CS never went on a new level as well. A good game needs to just stay good and probably get some graphic improvements from time to time. And ontop of that 7 years now comes LO not having changed anything. So not letting the game degrade is for now more than enough that we need.

11 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

it didn't ever needed a "new level" it would be sufficient to stay healthy and working, which is what didn't happen. CS never went on a new level as well. A good game needs to just stay good and probably get some graphic improvements from time to time. And ontop of that 7 years now comes LO not having changed anything. So not letting the game degrade is for now more than enough that we need.

I really doubt that majority would be happy to stay R255 with nothing new to do, get, achieve and see.

3 hours ago, Rosi said:

if they are testing it why they don't send some screens

that has been answered every week....

3 hours ago, Nev said:

I feel like they introduced more. Do you even play the game? But don't get me wrong I am glad they took over they are better than G1, I just don't want them to turn into another G1 and there is a lot of stuff they have to work on or else they will be there in no time.

The big difference between G1 and LO in terms of bugs is that LO eventually takes the time to go back and fix the bugs that they create.  G1 just kinda let them there to fester and turn into bigger problems down the road.

• Like 2

I guess the point of this thread is not about LO doing anything, is about they spending their time doing a BR, instead of: (1) Thinking on new weapons, cars mechanics; (2) planning new missions with new game modes etc... (3) fixing APB's UI like weapon selection, NPC store... etc

15 minutes ago, Xaix said:

fixing APB's UI

have you seen riot?

i don't want orbit anywhere near the rest of the UI lmao

Just now, Glaciers said:

have you seen riot?

i don't want orbit anywhere near the rest of the UI lmao

Unfortunately nope, I haven't been playing this for about six months now... 😛 how does it like?

8 hours ago, Mitne said:

And how many "private" are there?

I know of at least two.

6 private and 2 with a max amount of users (used for clans/groups). There's more to come tho, still some new ones in development.

Sign in to follow this