Boba

Do vehicles need a stat rework?

Do vehicles need a complete balance rework?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Should other cars be balanced over the Vegas? (Cars equally expensive such as the Bishada)

• Yes, cars should be buffed to have certain strengths and weaknesses.
    • The Vegas should be nerfed in certain aspects, so other cars can be useful other situations.
    • Keep things as is, and keep the Vegas the only go-to car in most situations.

14 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I think that things should be kept as they are, but LO should introduce top-tier variants to some current vehicles with more kits for real cash, and JT. In following pattern to Han Veo -> Han Coywolf.

Yes, I consider Han Coywolf as one of the top tier vehicles.

No not really. They should bring it back to pre G1 buff. G1 Though that anti vehicle weapons where to strong against yeah you guessed it cars. So they buffed the cars to have more healt what in return brought in car game playing.

• Like 1

The entire car system should be overhauled. As it stands right now there is no reason to use anything else other than a pioneer.
It's big so you can easily hide behind it.
It has 4 seats.
Tanky AF with steel plating 3 and goes fast AF anyway if you have nitro.
Also have fun destroying the mobile spawners when the enemy team is using 4x pioneer with steel plating 3.

bring back patriot t25 bug

Think pioneer, espacio and 4x4 vegas need some adjustments.

There is absolutely no reason to use any other car, ever.

Well, its same as the matchmaking. Everyone wants a rework but nobody does it. It is always "After the Engine Upgrade". Well.

Have fun waiting, but it gets pushed into the future all the time

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

From a strictly statistical and big picture standpoint, the heavy Vegas is the strongest car in the game. Its 4x4 variant is a close second, just barely being beaten out by it. The Pioneer sits in third, with Fresno in a solid fourth and the Espacio a long-trailing fifth

lol nah

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Glaciers said:

"complete rebalance"

cars driving on glass is annoying.

its like handling means nothing

Ideally the Vegas 4x4 needs to have its HP lowered so it is destroyed by a single osmaw/conc. This makes the normal Vegas a slightly more viable option as it could still tank a rocket/conc at the cost of poorer handling.

The pioneer/nomad needs it's speed reduced; it's supposed to be a tank so it should move much slower. As for the Espacio, I feel like it's not too bad where it is right now. Perhaps a slight nerf to speed to so it doesn't completely outshine the nomad/pioneer.

5 minutes ago, owzzy said:

Ideally the Vegas 4x4 needs to have its HP lowered so it is destroyed by a single osmaw/conc. This makes the normal Vegas a slightly more viable option as it could still tank a rocket/conc at the cost of poorer handling.

The pioneer/nomad needs it's speed reduced; it's supposed to be a tank so it should move much slower. As for the Espacio, I feel like it's not too bad where it is right now. Perhaps a slight nerf to speed to so it doesn't completely outshine the nomad/pioneer.

espacio needs to be awd (and maybe add some weight), a “heavy” vehicle that can be pushed around by sportscars is ridiculous 

Edited by Glaciers
typo

I'd love seeing buff to Bishada and Jericho. Those cars feel and act like they were made out of explosive cardboard.

Edited by Clandestine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nitronik said:

TL;DR Yes, LO please fix the car stats thank you

That is, if you want to *win*. If you're just HaViNg FuN you may also spot the odd Mikro around town. Paging my man @Thaumaturge to get his awesome "so you want to win" flowchart posted, since a picture's worth a thousand word

Havent seen Vvirgil in a bit. So here ya go, homie.

dZj8Mqt.png

• Like 3

as others have said, a complete re-balance.   

The vegas is to heavy for the speed of that car. It need to be lighter, it should no be able to ram any heavy vehicle without taking major damage. Its a race care not a hover tank.

And the new money store vehicles are OP in weight and speed. I pioneer should not be able to keep up with any of the sports car class unless nitro is used. 

7 hours ago, Omega101 said:

The vegas is to heavy for the speed of that car. It need to be lighter, it should no be able to ram any heavy vehicle without taking major damage. Its a race care not a hover tank.

And the new money store vehicles are OP in weight and speed. I pioneer should not be able to keep up with any of the sports car class unless nitro is used. 

I'd rather see other cars getting buff to be as dangerous instead of removing fun of ram vegas.

• Like 1

Many vehicles needs buffs to make them equal to pioneer and vegas meta. Coywolf needs more hp and more cargo capacity for example.

Pioneer also need a reduction of top speed to perhaps 18-19 m/s.

Edited by Basih

On 6/23/2019 at 7:33 AM, Bishada8800 said:

I always imagined the Sungnyemun Moirai to be a heavy limmo of sorts and would love if it was given a bit more "pushing" power

...and you can still make the Bishada flip if you touch its rear wheel so I guess it would be good if that was fixed.

Bishada light ,sports car . try a modification of the brick .

On 6/24/2019 at 10:24 AM, Omega101 said:

vegas the floating tank , not a race .

8 hours ago, Yood said:

Bishada light ,sports car . try a modification of the brick .

Yood,

1. I am well aware of what Bishada is (check my forum name).

2. Brick does not in any way shape or form fix the "rear tire"-bug that you just replied to. 

Another silver doing polls... you are not happy enough with all the damage you did, right?

Vegas used to be in a good positron. Hard to drive. Slow acceleration. But unlike all other fast cars it was durable. It also arguably had the highest top speed of all cars in the game. 

Cisco was 4 wheel drive with fast acceleration from stand still, available as NPC car and open to both factions. But felt a bit like driving on ice. 

Jericho had a lot of pushing power, making it excellent as an enforcer car back when pursuit to stop crims from escaping was a thing. 

Bishada had great handling which was required for a crim car so you could drive flawless back when escape missions was a thing. As a crim main this was my favorite as you can tell from my forum name. 

I could spend hours just roaming the districts out of mission just practicing escape routes and mastering all the vehicles. 

You had options. 

Vegas 4x4 (and removal of escape missions) changed that. Vegas 4x4 got all of the advantages of regular Vegas but non of the drawbacks. I farmed JTs hard core and ended up being world first to own a 4 slot 4x4 Vegas. 

Since then I see little or no reason to use another car (some of the trucks/vans still have some use but I don't think any of the cars do). 

Cars already have pros and cons. As i said previosly -even made a thread for it- 4 sits cars need to survive osmaw rockets. That would be my only complain about cars.

Vegas been nerfed already, it should not go more shit unless you want this game to turn into silver shitfest like already is. They removed most fun features because of their shitty complains, turning this game almost boring and not enjoyable.

12 minutes ago, Bishada8800 said:

Vegas used to be in a good positron. Hard to drive. Slow acceleration. But unlike all other fast cars it was durable. It also arguably had the highest top speed of all cars in the game. 

Cisco was 4 wheel drive with fast acceleration from stand still, available as NPC car and open to both factions. But felt a bit like driving on ice. 

Jericho had a lot of pushing power, making it excellent as an enforcer car back when pursuit to stop crims from escaping was a thing. 

Bishada had great handling which was required for a crim car so you could drive flawless back when escape missions was a thing. As a crim main this was my favorite as you can tell from my forum name. 

I could spend hours just roaming the districts out of mission just practicing escape routes and mastering all the vehicles. 

You had options. 

Vegas 4x4 (and removal of escape missions) changed that. Vegas 4x4 got all of the advantages of regular Vegas but non of the drawbacks. I farmed JTs hard core and ended up being world first to own a 4 slot 4x4 Vegas. 

Since then I see little or no reason to use another car (some of the trucks/vans still have some use but I don't think any of the cars do). 

God... do you even understand that cars have different prices for a reason???

If you make every car the same you surely will help this game to be even more distasteful than already is.

5 minutes ago, BlueB said:

do you even understand that cars have different prices for a reason???

I am not saying that low tier cars (cars that cost 0 apb$ to spawn) should be as good as a high tier car (cars that cost 100 abp$ to spawn). 

But all high tier cars (cars that cost 100 apb$ to spawn) should be comparable. They should all be side-grades. Each with their own advantages and disadvantages. Having options is good. Having one car that have all the advantages is bad (now you have fewer options, not more options - having options is good).

Same with weapons. Having multiple weapons that each have their advantages and disadvantages.  Having options is good. Having one weapon that have all the advantages is bad (now you have fewer options, not more options - having options is good). Vegas 4x4 is like introducing a weapon called NTEC 4x4 that deal full damage out to 100 meters and lose no accuracy when hip-fire. Doesn't matter if it cost 10.000 JT to get, the NTEC 4x4 will in the long run be bad for the game. Eventually everyone will run around with it. 

You honestly can't see this...??

13 minutes ago, Bishada8800 said:

I am not saying that low tier cars (cars that cost 0 apb$ to spawn) should be as good as a high tier car (cars that cost 100 abp$ to spawn). 

But all high tier cars (cars that cost 100 apb$ to spawn) should be comparable. They should all be side-grades. Each with their own advantages and disadvantages. Having options is good. Having one car that have all the advantages is bad (now you have fewer options, not more options - having options is good).

Same with weapons. Having multiple weapons that each have their advantages and disadvantages.  Having options is good. Having one weapon that have all the advantages is bad (now you have fewer options, not more options - having options is good). Vegas 4x4 is like introducing a weapon called NTEC 4x4 that deal full damage out to 100 meters and lose no accuracy when hip-fire. Doesn't matter if it cost 10.000 JT to get, the NTEC 4x4 will in the long run be bad for the game. Eventually everyone will run around with it. 

You honestly can't see this...??

You clearly dont get it. Just let me tell you that you are bad. Get good, come back, give advice.

1 hour ago, Bishada8800 said:

Yood,

1. I am well aware of what Bishada is (check my forum name).

2. Brick does not in any way shape or form fix the "rear tire"-bug that you just replied to. 

I need working servers and players . you are misleading the lo team by forcing them to do things that are unrelated to productivity and population growth . this is basically your problem ! I have 26 permanent cars in my garage , I have something to drive.  how far will you go with the server turned off ? don't be stingy .

Edited by Yood

The issue started to become present with the new mods.

carsurfer removed the need for more than 2 Door cars.

mobile Spawn made cars requiring durability.

This made people switch to the Vegas and the Pioneer/Espacio because they have high health and in case of vegas also high speed and extreme acceleration in the 4x$ variant of the vegas.

maybe the t25 could somewhat compete in there, but it still has those big ugly unpaintable plastic parts.

I would think a rework is needed give more health to all cars in the lower health section.

Remove some ramming power from the Vegas, it is ridiculous high. it will make people have to lern steering it and not running straight through things.

Change mods.

Steel plating needs a change, it is a % based mode, which means high health cars benefit much more of it than low health cars. Also, it does not affect grenades, the car spawners most present enemy.

So when vehicle health is more balanced let these mods add a plain number of health, like

SP 1 +100 health top speed -1

SP2 + 150 helath top speed -1,5

SP3 + 200 health top speed -2

that way we get better protection vs grenades AND bullets + it will affect all cars more fair.

Same with ramming plate, high ramming power cars get a HUGE buff while low ramming power cars get nearly nothing but sadly most low ramming power cars have low health and therefore suffer the full negative consequences from being rammed. This is not good at all.

And Chassis Strengthening has the same issue. Flat added values would also help much more for a fair gain for all cars than just % numbers.

A real cool feature for probably some post Engine upgrade would be car tuning. which allows the player to upgrade low tier cars to be faster and more durable outside of Car mods, which then comes with higher spawn costs. So that these cars do close the gab to the top tier cars and car choice turns more into a choice of a style than performance reasons. in the end clothing never had an impact as protection as well, and if it had everyone would wear the most protective ones. So lets transfer a part of this "Style first" ideology of the game onto cars as well.

Edited by LilyV3

5 minutes ago, Yood said:

I need working servers and players . you are misleading the lo team by forcing them to do things that are unrelated to productivity and population growth . this is basically your problem ! I have 26 permanent cars in my garage , I have something to drive.  how far will you go with the server turned off ? don't be stingy .

The only thing I am stingy about is the way you post (yes, I am serious). It is almost like every single post you make is intended to be Troll Bait 😃

I said that the car have a bug with the rear tire and it have had this bug since 2010. 

In a thread talking about car balance. This is on topic.

You reply to this by talking about using brick??  wtf?! That is totally unrelated. Please read before you post.

Now you are talking about working servers (in a thread about car balance). That is also totally unrelated. If you post please stay on topic.

I have a lot more than 26 permanent cars in my 7 garages. Almost all my characters also have permanent 4 slot Vegas 4x4. I also have things to drive. I am not complaining.