Boba

Do vehicles need a stat rework?

Do vehicles need a complete balance rework?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Should other cars be balanced over the Vegas? (Cars equally expensive such as the Bishada)

• Yes, cars should be buffed to have certain strengths and weaknesses.
    • The Vegas should be nerfed in certain aspects, so other cars can be useful other situations.
    • Keep things as is, and keep the Vegas the only go-to car in most situations.

What are your thoughts on the current situation of the vehicles' stats. It seems that the Vegas dominates all other cars in 99% of cases, which leaves no reason for you to buy any other car, even ones that of the same price tier as the Vegas.

I think that things should be kept as they are, but LO should introduce top-tier variants to some current vehicles with more kits for real cash, and JT. In following pattern to Han Veo -> Han Coywolf.

Yes, I consider Han Coywolf as one of the top tier vehicles.

• Like 1

You lost me at "It seems that the Vegas dominates all other cars in 99% of cases".

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Boba said:

What are your thoughts on the current situation of the vehicles' stats. It seems that the Vegas dominates all other cars in 99% of cases, which leaves no reason for you to buy any other car, even ones that of the same price tier as the Vegas.

yet i see more "tanks" driving around than anything

• Thanks 3

poll doesnt have an option for "complete rebalance"

scuffed

55 minutes ago, Boba said:

It seems that the Vegas dominates all other cars in 99% of cases

laughs in pioneer

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Using Jericho, best shit ever

• Like 1

I always imagined the Sungnyemun Moirai to be a heavy limmo of sorts and would love if it was given a bit more "pushing" power

...and you can still make the Bishada flip if you touch its rear wheel so I guess it would be good if that was fixed.

• Like 5

First off, you're never gonna get me to stop using my Broadwing. But uh, yeah right now Vegas and Pioneer/Espacio dominate meta tier play, other than both having possibly too much health (thus making Steel Plating 3 in the OP realm) I'd rather see buffs to the mid tier cars to make them not so... bad in comparison. And I guess we leave the garbage tier cars, Calabria, Varzuga, Ravan, Cosenza as garbage? I dunno, all of those are so fricking bad I couldn't see them ever getting buffed to even be in the usable realm

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

scuffed

laughs in pioneer

Actually complete rebalance is the true solution, I agree. But it's unrealistic given the pace of development LO is going with. But I do agree, that's the ideal solution.

And haha yeah Pioneer is great, however I don't see much people using it in Citadel that much to be honest. I do have a Pioneer and I'm not a big fan to be honest. Vegas blows it out of the water when it comes to acceleration and speed, and the mass of vegas is not too bad compared to pioneer. A vegas can actually throw a Pioneer out of it's path if it  T boned it with high speed, unlike a Bishada, that f*cker get's tossed around like nothing.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

You lost me at "It seems that the Vegas dominates all other cars in 99% of cases".

Well that's my experience, and I see Vegas more than anything on Citadel and that's for a reason. Especially for criminals, vegas is the go-to. (I main crim)

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

yet i see more "tanks" driving around than anything

I don't know if you're playing the same game as me. But I play crim on Citadel, and it's 99% vegas, especially with people of higher ranks.

Edited by Boba

3 minutes ago, Boba said:

I don't know if you're playing the same game as me

Jericho , Colby ...... hiyas

4 minutes ago, Acornie said:

First off, you're never gonna get me to stop using my Broadwing. But uh, yeah right now Vegas and Pioneer/Espacio dominate meta tier play, other than both having possibly too much health (thus making Steel Plating 3 in the OP realm) I'd rather see buffs to the mid tier cars to make them not so... bad in comparison. And I guess we leave the garbage tier cars, Calabria, Varzuga, Ravan, Cosenza as garbage? I dunno, all of those are so fricking bad I couldn't see them ever getting buffed to even be in the usable realm

I agree. There are cars that are basically troll-tier when used. I also believe the Bishada seriously needs a buff and a fix for the flip it does, especially given its price.

52 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

scuffed

laughs in pioneer

BTW first choice is kinda like that.

53 minutes ago, Boba said:

BTW first choice is kinda like that.

first choice says buff all cars to vegas level (which i disagree with), or at least that's how i read it

Buff other cars. That's been asked for so fucking long.

The Vegas is the pinnacle of the late/end-game cars. The Jericho, Bishada/Kissaki, and Growl should all be on-par with the Vegas/4x4. Even the lower tier cars like the T-25 need a buff.

• Like 2

I like the way it is now just because my team and opposition almost always show up in a Vegas or Pioneer making me to stand out even more in my already outstanding Fresno.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boba said:

Pioneer is great, however I don't see much people using it in Citadel

send Jericho some players, we'll send you some Pioneers

• Like 3

propose expanding the range of machines on fractions , all the cars are very different , each has its purpose

• Like 1

We beat this dead horse before and I thought the conclusion of "Gives buffs not nerfs" was the best option. Non-meta vehicles aren't used simply because they're just plain worse than the vegas/pioneer for the cost - if you're going to pay $100 to spawn, you get the best you can for that $100, so goodbye 2 slot growl. 

I did make a suggestion to Make the Espacio (and Vans in general) a more viable option - I think this should be included in the buff train. 

I think we need to give vehicles better niches to live in, have one really good at ramming, others good at tanking, or racing, they're kinda there which is why the Vegas reigns over them because it's such an ok all-rounded, but maybe give the other vehicles a buff in their niche strengths to make it worth the effort to spawn them.

Or if we're not going to buff at least price their spawns accordingly - everything below a certain tier should be free imo. 

5 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

In following pattern to Han Veo -> Han Coywolf.

I tried to look up the operator "->" and still don't understand, so like the Coywolf is better? I'm not sure how they can do it programming wise, make kits gift out buffs, but I think this is a good idea, although it really smells of p2w.

4 hours ago, Bishada8800 said:

I always imagined the Sungnyemun Moirai to be a heavy limmo of sorts and would love if it was given a bit more "pushing" power

Yes. This. They said in that other thread that they nerfed the Moirai from AWD to RWD. They need to return it to its AWD glory.

Edited by KnifuWaifu
I forgot the link.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Glaciers said:

come to think of it that was suggested in a different thread recently.

Not the first time either.

From a strictly statistical and big picture standpoint, the heavy Vegas is the strongest car in the game. Its 4x4 variant is a close second, just barely being beaten out by it. The Pioneer sits in third, with Fresno in a solid fourth and the Espacio a long-trailing fifth. The whole balance scale then drops off a cliff because everything else is just so much weaker than these.

If they ever rebalance vehicles, all the weaker vehicles should be buffed. Both variants of the Vegas are an absolute joy to drive, all other cars should be balanced to this level so that every vehicle feels great like they do. The only vehicles that should be considered for nerfing are the Pioneer and Fresno (and to a lesser extent the Espacio), and that's only because they're just so insanely tanky while also being relatively fast.

Nobody uses the T25 Pickup Truck.

How about a kit for it, like Monster truck tires.

• Like 1

i can't agree with any of the poll options

i'd say a complete rebalance is needed,  at the moment the vegas 4x4 completely outclasses most viable cars (of course there's also the tanky cars) but other cars honestly feel like people play them only because they don't have acess to those top tier ones

i wish all cars had their strong and negative points (which is mostly the case at the moment but still needs tweaks)

Going back to the vegas, that car can tank an osmaw rocket with ease, and not even a pioneer can stop a vegas 4x4 going at full speed, it also has incredibly fast acceleration for such a fast car and while also having high grip at the same time.

The car is heavy so it will push anything getting in it's path too, it also has a medium size trunk so can transport two heavy items.

that car is simply insanely good, too good in my opnion.

7 minutes ago, Havana said:

Nobody uses the T25 Pickup Truck.

How about a kit for it, like Monster truck tires.

dude i wish lifting and lowering cars was a thing in apb lol.

11 hours ago, Glaciers said:

laughs in pioneer

goes to your side, tip you to side and on roof and laughs in vegas

TL;DR Yes, LO please fix the car stats thank you

First off - LOL. The meta does NOT favor the Vegas as much as you think it does. Far, far from it.

That said,
Yes, goddamnit. Vehicles need a stat rework, and bad.

Everyone with half a brain has been saying it, and everyone who plays the game can see it - SP3 / Nitro Pioneer, SP3 / Nitro Pioneer, some SP3 / Nitro Espacios, a Vegas 4x4 sprinkled here and there...

That is, if you want to *win*. If you're just HaViNg FuN you may also spot the odd Mikro around town. Paging my man @Thaumaturge to get his awesome "so you want to win" flowchart posted, since a picture's worth a thousand words

The vehicle health buff that happened way back in 2013-2014 was what made the current Pioneer meta cement itself. It's extremely boring and made a good 90% of cars in this game redundant. I miss the 2011-2012 vehicle variety, whereas people actually drove the Jericho and Bishada.

That said, I do like how the Fresno is a pretty competitive 2seater atm due to its tankiness, so they did get that right.

The go to car for any above average player is the Pioneer, not the vegas. The only car I think needs a nerf is the pioneer and then buff the other high end cars to be on par with vegas or something