Sign in to follow this  
Iosono

Title screen

Does anyone actually like the title screen and song G1 made?

It’s really obnxoisuos, I think.

Can we kill it with fire and bring the old screen and song please? 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

They should remove all those stupid 3d scenes at the start (revert to like it was billion years ago), remove all logo/intro videos (did you notice there still is punkbuster logo in there? lol) so we can get straight to char selection. Something like Guild Wars 2 does. It has launcher too and when you click play it loads to character selection in seconds. What's with all the crazy slow startup loading APB already has without videos and 3d scenes.

And bring back this masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMOPfXYsbbQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

there is a thread on this about how  some people  including MattScott like the old title screen that used to play.

not sure of the link for it but I'm looking for it.

• Thanks 1

I agree, the old login screen also was so much cooler then the current 3d one.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Temporal said:

They should remove all those stupid 3d scenes at the start (revert to like it was billion years ago), remove all logo/intro videos (did you notice there still is punkbuster logo in there? lol) so we can get straight to char selection. Something like Guild Wars 2 does. It has launcher too and when you click play it loads to character selection in seconds. What's with all the crazy slow startup loading APB already has without videos and 3d scenes.

And bring back this masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMOPfXYsbbQ

Yea, that’s exactly what I mean. Thay song and the old character selection screen. 

And it would be nice to remove that god awful intro movie and just make it an option to view it at any time 

• Like 2

Don't keep the new song, remaster the old menu theme, do something about the new title screen that people dont seem to like for some reason. 

• Like 1

Remaster old login screen so that it's 90% the same with the old soundtrack (maybe remastered). Make it high quality and everyone will be happy. Myself especially.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really miss the old login screen... LO please 😥

The old screen has the essence of APB.

Edited by Roxane
  • Thanks 1

Honestly I'm annoyed by that song, mainly because of that drop each time I enter menu.

It hurts my ears and annoys the hell out of me.

Plus I prefer old one for nostalgia trip. My god. This were good times...

• Thanks 3

0.0 can't wait to have that old login screen with some GOOD legendary theme in the background.. with maybe some shifting animations.

Since matt and many stated they liked so much old style dang.. i hope that thing will become reality soon.

Edited by Guest

Mandatory nostalgia for veterans and teaser to newer players:

• Thanks 2

I really, really don't understand why every developer has a hard on for 3d menus these days.

I have yet to see one that doesn't look like crap.

• Like 1

At least you can skip it now. I couldn't do it for long time till the Riot patch

• Like 1

i want the old one back too. New one is pointless. Time wasted by G1 when.. well you know the rest.

• Like 1

nothing like having a loading screen to load your loading screen

I don't know about you guys, I like it

what  if they had a few different ones that would randomly happen?

Edit : I still can not find the other thread.

Can someone  help me so that we know the posts of what MattScott said without assumptions?

Edited by Fortune Runner

7 hours ago, GhosT said:

I really, really don't understand why every developer has a hard on for 3d menus these days.

I have yet to see one that doesn't look like crap.

so you prefer 2D women hm ?

@Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 look he admitted it !

we need this back for when we get another additional "4 hour" maintenance

I f**king love old title screen and music! And don't really like the current one.

• Like 1

For the Love of all, PLEASE get rid of the District Select, Advanced tab to see the Districts. This has always been bad for new players. 

Just list it right there and make Fight club,Riot and Social smaller.

19 minutes ago, Havana said:

For the Love of all, PLEASE get rid of the District Select, Advanced tab to see the Districts. This has always been bad for new players. 

Just list it right there and make Fight club,Riot and Social smaller.

Did you even read what this thread is about?...

But nvm that, I will debunk your off-topic in 5 minutes:

1. At peak hours of Citadel there is always one district full and other completly empty. Jericho got that situation even worse, where they struggle to fill one district most of time.  Now our very excellent auto option will send you to any empty server so in peak hours good luck finding ANY matches!

2. Don't even start me about FCs. If you want to join FCs they are either empty or full to brim. Auto-option will always send you to empty one anyway. Aka. threads in style "Why FC is always dead?".

3. The only one which will be unaffected with be RIOTs due to their nature.

So yeah, sure. You don't fix issue for new players - you will make it worse for ALL players though with such action.

If there would be any solution for "new players" then default tab should've been that of advanced, not basic. There is also my guide if you are misguided about game. Down in signature.

Edited by Mitne

Sign in to follow this