MattScott

June 2019 - Engine Upgrade progress (screenshots & video)

1 minute ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

the last of the Reloaded map edits,

tumblr_lzmgahadjo1rn95k2o1_500.gif

9 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

You already know this, console version and all that

oh

damn

Wow... I'm afraid it's not optimized much for my computer to run...

Hi all,

I think SPCT are all done showing off progress for the moment, but @rooq took the time to edit down a flythrough for everyone who is interested.

You can see it here on the Little Orbit YouTube channel:

I'm looking forward to using this thread as a "starting point" so that we can show more progress with lighting and post processing soon.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7

20 minutes ago, MattScott said:

flythrough

video is always appreciated

LOD pop ins are freaking horrible tho, def something that needs major work

also what exactly is going on with the lighting around 2:17 ?

8c84c7d71bab6e0b11dc9b19dc88c090.png

fbc2b7a1cb4f7c4e75ae16e6b332d7ac.png

its almost like a reflection glare that's out of control but its on weird spots

Edited by Glaciers
typo
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

I want to say this is because of the derp low range culling.  Can't be adjusted atm so it looks uber weird at night.

15 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

that looks more like a point light that needs adjustments. they did say lighting was not final.

Edited by IRyanI

more progress with lighting - this is what we've been waiting for years . I admire your hard work .

Matthew Scott  send please . me a piece of soap and a rope . you're not going to be poor .

Edited by Yood

5 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Respect recreating APB in 3.5

Graphics and visual game design is still flat tho, no matter of new grass and added trees here and there, or more saturated colors. Its flat. 

Iam kinda dissapointed, and Ive been mad just a few minutes ago, but Iam over it now. I expected more bcs of pictures that G1 gave us back then.

This is an Engine Upgrade , not a Graphics upgrade

The graphics look better which is a bonus , but they are still working on lighting and other things

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I think SPCT are all done showing off progress for the moment, but @rooq took the time to edit down a flythrough for everyone who is interested.

I'm looking forward to using this thread as a "starting point" so that we can show more progress with lighting and post processing soon.

Thanks,
Matt

It's looking a lot better and vivid. Once the lightning and the rest gets sorted out, i highly bet it's going to look amazing! (bearing in mind it's still 3.5 UE)

I hope (I HOPE A LOT) you guys tweak the maps in the future, once everything is finished. By tweaking i mean, add new places for us to get inside while in missions.

There are a whole bunch of building laying around, and just a few that we can really get inside. It doesn't need to be a PUBG like "get inside every building possible", but a GTA-esque "get inside some more buildings than what is possible now" would do!

New props, we need new props too!
And being possible to sit on benches, and other stuff too! San Paro is a beautiful city, i want to sit on a bench next to the boat area, and eat my burgers peacefully! ha!

Again, keep up the good work Matt, Devs and SPCT!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poperon said:

I hope (I HOPE A LOT) you guys tweak the maps in the future, once everything is finished. By tweaking i mean, add new places for us to get inside while in missions.

There are a whole bunch of building laying around, and just a few that we can really get inside. It doesn't need to be a PUBG like "get inside every building possible", but a GTA-esque "get inside some more buildings than what is possible now" would do!

New props, we need new props too!
And being possible to sit on benches, and other stuff too! San Paro is a beautiful city, i want to sit on a bench next to the boat area, and eat my burgers peacefully! ha!

This is something that would most likely happen when we are in Unreal 4 and not Unreal 3.5. but i do agree I would love to be able to go in more buildings and be able to sit in seats and what not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Now that's more like it! Was hoping to see it all in action. Thank you @rooq for making that video, and thank you @MattScott for allowing it. 

..now to complain about something rather minor that's bugging me one hell of a lot. I just gotta be that guy. Whoever recorded that should grab themselves a controller. Makes panning around a scene far easier. Looks one hell of a lot fancier that way with less overall effort needed to get a steady speed.

It all looks good I think, except for the water which almost looks like oil.

Thanks for the video! The under construction sign at the end was a bit clever @rooq 🙂

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

It all looks good I think, except for the water which almost looks like oil.

Thanks for the video! The under construction sign at the end was a bit clever @rooq 🙂

San Paro's not known for its clean water...

• Like 1

I just noticed that the OM symbol sign (seen at 0:58 in the video) is upside down.

XGtxnPp.jpg

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

Okay, this looks very promising. Thanks for the video. Covers a lot of ground and I didn't really notice lighting problems myself 'till they were pointed out. So going forward it seems to be small issues, with the big ones already fixed 🙂

Big thank.

That video looks good. Interesting social store music choice.

Though I'm afraid the oversaturation will be a thing and I'm going to have to manually take away some color from APB once it's released.

Also not a fan of the missing shadows in shadowed-areas. But lighting isn't final so I'll wait on that one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

Noticed it when rewatching the footage. Seemed fitting. No problem 🙂

6 hours ago, Genobee said:

Whoever recorded that should grab themselves a controller. Makes panning around a scene far easier. Looks one hell of a lot fancier that way with less overall effort needed to get a steady speed.

I was using a controller, albeit my talents are with mouse and keyboard. I'll keep it in mind in case I do something like this in the future: my intentional bobbing is not appreciated. I even considered adding the wigglerama effect within AE, good thing that I didn't!

46 minutes ago, GhosT said:

That video looks good. Interesting social store music choice. 

Thanks! When that song greets me on Spotify it's instant nostalgia time.

Do check out Farfletched on Spotify and other places. Absolute legend.

---

Do remember the following statement when watching the video. All of this is a work in progress, especially everything visual.

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dasimoge said:

@MattScott i guess there isn't a release date yet or..?

If he learned from past mistakes, he would give neither a date nor an estimate.

• Like 1

t seems to me that the game got better with these graphics, but will this also change the issue of frame drops?

On 6/29/2019 at 12:56 PM, Frosi said:

i89EFdl.jpg

Also a quick note about the font. The font is currently in the transition of being changed to the current live font so you might notice a few inconsistencies here and there.

Is it just impression or the difference between the old engine and the new one, is that it's just more light on buildings? Like, if you see the same image side by side, you can clearly see the new engine is just brighter then the old one.

Yeah, especially after seeing that video I am going to be honest and say it looks worse than live.

Downvote me all you want.

• Like 2