MattScott

June 2019 - Engine Upgrade progress (screenshots & video)

1 hour ago, Acornie said:

although giving out statements like 'we are 83% done' feel like it's saying soon

Yes it's " Soon " but it's not " Soon ™ " so it's ok to be happy

30 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

they posted screenshots because the community has been foaming at the mouth for them

honestly im surprised there's even an attempt at gfx improvements beyond what comes from the engine, anyone who really expected 3.5 to magically look perfect is a dumbass who hasnt understood what the engine upgrade is meant for

So true.

Also , I have to admit I wish  I could be there now with how good this already looks.

Out of curiosity, doesn't anybody use AA? Every screenshot posted has a lot of jagged edges...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

Also , I have to admit I wish  I could be there now with how good this already looks.

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

they look about as good as the palm trees growing straight out of concrete around the wf cruise ship

2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

they look about as good as the palm trees growing straight out of concrete around the wf cruise ship

yeah it looks off to me.

Also I hope they can make those indestructible poles and payphones damageable  so we quit killing ourselves lol

Been lurking in this thread since it was posted and... doesn't look half bad. Not quite sure how I feel about the total lack of anistropic filtering & anti-aliasing in the SPCT screenshots, but aside from that it's looking good. Visually there are clearly still some bugs, but eh. Could be worse. 

My main concerns are the wonky looking UI numbers, how some UI text looks almost fuzzy, worse performance, etc. Visuals themselves seem to be fine. The rest.. worries me. Then again there is a good bit of work to be done yet. So who the hell knows. 

1 hour ago, Thelnformer said:

Out of curiosity, doesn't anybody use AA? Every screenshot posted has a lot of jagged edges...

Reloaded never touched AA.  And i think LO was removing DX9 mode as well so right now, there isn't any.  But as Matt said earlier, visuals are not final and will be adjusted later.

So is the weather changing now? Some screens have clear skies, others are cloudy. Nice.

That's some cool stuff right there, i'd like to see some views from higher points of the game, as it usually shows quite a bit of flaws in game rendering:

hu.PNGunknown.png

If possible with cars in the frame, thanks !

Oh yeah also have you guys tried the engine upgrade on lower end systems ?

Edited by Ketog

Thanks for being in touch, Matt.

50 minutes ago, Ketog said:

That's some cool stuff right there, i'd like to see some views from higher points of the game, as it usually shows quite a bit of flaws in game rendering:

hu.PNGunknown.png

If possible with cars in the frame, thanks !

Oh yeah also have you guys tried the engine upgrade on lower end systems ?

Good morning! I did my best to replicate your screenshots, but I was unable to alter weather or time of day.

ubxGP87.png

yOacjx5.png

I have an older generation PC lying around, I'll give it a spin and see if they'll allow me to post performance comparisons at some point.

Edit:
Rest in peace, The Blades Hotel. Not much business in San Paro it would seem.

Pale Moon Hotel is likely a vampire cover up. Mark my words.

Edited by rooq
  • Like 7

I'd like to see a screenshot of the park in RHIoT Financial.

I'm personally not impressed at all when I take into account that this ancient game and the long process to bring it to 3.5 results in it still looking ancient, just less ancient.  Relatively speaking, sure it's an improvement over current APB, I just think at this point it would be a good idea to either commit to modernizing all the visuals of the game, or not waste any more dev time on it.

Not sure how much LO has done with the visuals themselves, or if this is all work done by G1 before the buyout.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

giphy.gif

Thx for the info and screenshots.Still theres tons of work looks like.No way happening this summer and i dont see it even in autumn.But still - great work 👍

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rooq said:

Good morning! I did my best to replicate your screenshots, but I was unable to alter weather or time of day.

ubxGP87.png

yOacjx5.png

I have an older generation PC lying around, I'll give it a spin and see if they'll allow me to post performance comparisons at some point.

Edit:
Rest in peace, The Blades Hotel. Not much business in San Paro it would seem.

Pale Moon Hotel is likely a vampire cover up. Mark my words.

Thanks rooq, i can see many small improvements everywhere that's awsome !

Be sure to @ me if you get to post the low end system benchmarks ! , well, i will probably see it anyway even if you don't now that i think of it, haha

Edited by Ketog

How about some asylum screenshots? One of the entrance and one of the inside preferably the yard.

Edited by gogeo
Spelling
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Kevkof said:

AUXTmLO.png

Night time is da thing interest me most..more of these?

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

Hopefully it comes with the saturation slider. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gogeo said:

How about some asylum screenshot? One of the entrance and one of the inside preferably the yard.

Yes, please do us a big behalf

51 minutes ago, gogeo said:

one of the inside preferably the yard.

13 minutes ago, 7GX said:

Yes, please do us a big behalf

44 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Night time is da thing interest me most..more of this?

IKcnxoS.png

Does this suit your needs?

• Like 4

Well...I don't think it looks better than current live build but I know that proper lighting and post processing can improve it drastically. 

But why "benchmarking" at 4k resolution ? How many people are playing 4k right now? A fraction. The fps seems* acceptable though.

Anyway I don't see how this will be done this year. Maybe Q1 2020, early Q2

All the work is impressive, it looks beautiful, the optimization pleases, but...
Will players transfer from Nekrova to Citadel before or after the new engine? Waiting is very painful for us...

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Helix Reloaded said:

YOOD approved. You should feel honored @MattScott

lo's team has no other choice . the money spent on the purchase of the project will not pay off for a long time .  the main thing that at you Helix Reloaded  all well 

Edited by Yood