MattScott

June 2019 - Next Steps with RIOT

Instead of fixing problems, you guys decide to make it even more problematic.

Speaking about these changes:

RIOT - Players now keep their unlocked weapons when they respawn in RIOT

RIOT - Primary weapon unlock now costs $2,000

RIOT - Secondary weapon unlock now costs $1,000

Why are player selected weapons a thing in the first place, and why would the starting gun be one of the best secondaries in the game?

You increase weapon prices, but at the same time drastically decrease them because you don't need to buy them a escond time.

At this point you'll be running around with too much cash you can't spend.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

Instead of fixing problems, you guys decide to make it even more problematic.

Speaking about these changes:

RIOT - Players now keep their unlocked weapons when they respawn in RIOT

RIOT - Primary weapon unlock now costs $2,000

RIOT - Secondary weapon unlock now costs $1,000

Why are player selected weapons a thing in the first place, and why would the starting gun be one of the best secondaries in the game?

You increase weapon prices, but at the same time drastically decrease them because you don't need to buy them a escond time.

At this point you'll be running around with too much cash you can't spend.

It doesnt matter cause the mode cant be played. You still need 16 ppl in order to start the thing, something we were asking to be reduced drastically so the mode could be played. Matt didnt change that so the modes still dead.

Why are you people acting surprised? They didn't listen to the SPCT's feedback, what makes you think they'd listen to the general populace's feedback either?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

They increased the initial cost, but you don't need to keep paying it every time you die.  You only need to pay it once.

I know, I mean my main problem is they only touched that.

No new rewards, no more grinding JT...

I already got to contact lvl 5 last week, there is no point on keep trying to play this mode when there are no people and no rewards...

18 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Why are you people acting surprised? They didn't listen to the SPCT's feedback, what makes you think they'd listen to the general populace's feedback either?

I think they figured they'd listen to the masses instead of the few, but I kinda' agree with you here strangely enough.

• Like 1

Modes still dead so these fixes really made it possible to play and earn the skin

On 6/22/2019 at 6:13 PM, Fortune Runner said:

Because it was already announced last year that a new car and a new gun or two would be added.

there was also an attempt at gun balancing back then as well but Little Orbit was not experienced enough yet for that.

They announced EU and only now we were getting some screenshots on it. This was announced first not the jmb. New content would be added when EU happened , but they added it before EU. Did all this increase the pop ? nope.

tumblr_me4ojfbsvs1ry10fwo1_500.gif

or 

giphy.gif

Edited by Hypothesis

2 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

They announced EU and only now we were getting some screenshots on it. This was announced first not the jmb. New content would be added when EU happened , but they added it before EU. Did all this increase the pop ? nope.

If I remember correctly what I said was announced  in the Q&A but I have not checked yet , but it was announced.

Edit : Lets  be real here.... you don't sound like you would stop saying that regardless.

You sound like you expect a magic wand to make it magically all happen at once.

Which is also why MattScott has said  he is concerned about too much hype.

Edited by Fortune Runner

tumblr_me4ojfbsvs1ry10fwo1_500.gif

or 

giphy.gif

Different people are working on different projects. 

While some would prefer an abandonment of the current version of APB in favor of solely working on 3.5, I for one am glad LO has the resources to do more than that. 

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

If I remember correctly what I said was announced  in the Q&A but I have not checked yet , but it was announced.

Edit : Lets  be real here.... you don't sound like you would stop saying that regardless.

You sound like you expect a magic wand to make it magically all happen at once.

Which is also why MattScott has said  he is concerned about too much hype.

doing all this and its not bringing the game from being dead is a sad outcome , which was what I was concerned and is always what matters , not the temporary revenue. So far it looks like they went for the temporary revenue, it wont happen magically but starting with that would have been better. You cannot tell me , if they focused all their agenda on EU , EU would not be further delayed like this from the point take took over the company. But as u can see here they did not. So yeah  the "magic wand"  was there but not used properly.

3 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

You cannot tell me , if they focused all their agenda on EU , EU would not be further delayed like this from the point take took over the company

do you even read the threads you post in or do you just prefer to vomit misinformation everywhere?

On 6/21/2019 at 6:03 PM, MattScott said:

Unfortunately most of the work is very specialized and cannot be done by a huge team without tripping over each other. We have kept as many people dedicated to the upgrade as possible, but this work is filled with rabbit holes and pitfalls

Just now, Glaciers said:

do you even read the threads you post in or do you just prefer to vomit misinformation everywhere?

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

doing all this and its not bringing the game from being dead is a sad outcome , which was what I was concerned and is always what matters , not the temporary revenue. So far it looks like they went for the temporary revenue, it wont happen magically but starting with that would have been better.

I can tell you don't understand business and a proper foundation.

If there is no people  for new content  then there is no revenue at all.

And  two of the main reasons I ever heard complaints when people left was the Engine Upgrade and lack of  content.

There is nothing wrong with doing both , when it has been explained enough times that not everyone does the same job , and too many people doing the same thing would only make things worse.

An example :

Any car shop is not going to have all their mechanics doing the exact same job or they would only be in the way of each other.

A person assisting is fine but the whole team wouldn't  work.

Some work in the store some in the shop itself , others do other tasks.

It couldn't function otherwise.

41 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

You cannot tell me , if they focused all their agenda on EU , EU would not be further delayed like this from the point take took over the company. But as u can see here they did not. So yeah  the "magic wand"  was there but not used properly.

Yes I can and it would be true.

Its already explained by Glaciers quoting MattScott , as well as myself in the first part of this very post.

If you truly believe otherwise after all of this , then I would have to say you know nothing of managing anything properly and discredit yourself in doing so.

20 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

If you truly believe otherwise after all of this , then I would have to say you know nothing of managing anything properly and discredit yourself in doing so.

I can be sure at this point this EU is not gonna bring the pop up. This is EU was long due , but it was not LO's fault. And delaying it further will cause disappointment if there is going to be major flaws. If you mean , you manage well to bring failure  then sure I do not manage to bring failure, that might be your expertise. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

I can be sure at this point this EU is not gonna bring the pop up. This is EU was long due , but it was not LO's fault. And delaying it further will cause disappointment if there is going to be major flaws. If you mean , you manage well to bring failure  then sure I do not manage to bring failure, that might be your expertise. 

Nice job completely taking my post out of context and ignoring what it was about. (yes that means you failed unfortunately)

To be blunt : only the foolish would believe the Engine Upgrade in itself will bring up the population. (bring up as in new players who stay)

The engine Upgrade is a necessity for the other tasks needed that can bring up the population.

A proper foundation for a building means a proper building can be built. otherwise the building would fall instead.

However as it was already mentioned , adding more people to the task of the  Engine Upgrade would not speed it up and would instead slow it down from people tripping over each other.

On 6/30/2019 at 4:30 PM, Fortune Runner said:

Nice job completely taking my post out of context and ignoring what it was about. (yes that means you failed unfortunately)

To be blunt : only the foolish would believe the Engine Upgrade in itself will bring up the population. (bring up as in new players who stay)

The engine Upgrade is a necessity for the other tasks needed that can bring up the population.

A proper foundation for a building means a proper building can be built. otherwise the building would fall instead.

However as it was already mentioned , adding more people to the task of the  Engine Upgrade would not speed it up and would instead slow it down from people tripping over each other.

I didn't ignore  nor I agree what you said there. 

Engine upgrade doesn't mean  the game is complete , but it was very crucial to be priority number 1 rather than the new contents that should have followed it.

New players wont stay because of try hards in low threat districts  farming  on the newbies and the broken threat system at this stage. 

also the last sentence is what  I consider poor management 101.

Anyways  this will be my last reply here for this.
take care.

Exactly why MattScott said in the past that after the engine upgrade , it was planned to work on matchmaking/threat/phasing.

Do I think the players coming in after the Engine Upgrade will just happen to stay?

no I personally dont.

Do I think that after they come that some who may or may not stay will hear about the matchmaking/threat/phasing update and get so excited that they may tell people who never heard of APB?

Well its happened plenty of times in the past for anything games or anything else for that matter  because people get excited and loud so yeah its possible and a decent strategy to get word of mouth.

Do I think that is what the plan is?

No but it sure sounds like a possibility of it happening on its own this way.

5 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Exactly why MattScott said in the past that after the engine upgrade , it was planned to work on matchmaking/threat/phasing.

Umm, I think it's Unreal Engine 3.5 -> Unreal Engine 4 -> matchmaking/threat/phasing.

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

Umm, I think it's Unreal Engine 3.5 -> Unreal Engine 4 -> matchmaking/threat/phasing.

lol nah

unreal 4 engine upgrade is years out at best, orbit has already said it requires a complete rewrite of the game from the ground up

3 hours ago, Glaciers said:

lol nah

unreal 4 engine upgrade is years out at best, orbit has already said it requires a complete rewrite of the game from the ground up

True Little Orbit did say that.

I do not know what plans they have next for certain since they could of noticed something else but I do hope its the matchmaking/threat/phasing that they work on next.

The mode is dead what a suprise..and i was unable to get the skin cause only lvl 4(had hand problems which put me out for a week)Can i get the skin anyway 🙄

11 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

The mode is dead what a suprise..and i was unable to get the skin cause only lvl 4(had hand problems which put me out for a week)Can i get the skin anyway 🙄

Yeah, I'm curious if they're going to do something about how impossible it was to get this skin past like. . . maybe the first week on Jericho.

it's more a suggestion not a feedback for riot

• maybe add a timer that starts 5  min after the last match is done
  • reduce the players to start a match ( from 16 down on 8 or 10 )
  • add a small reward system for riot ( i know that's not how br is working) but with small prices after every 3 or 5 matches (no matter if won or lost) give the palyers a small amount of g1c,  1 day premium, 100 JT's (maybe 150), one joker box (maybe of the choice of the player) etc.

it's just a small chance to win more players for it but  worth a try in my opinion  🙂 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Hausman said:

reduce the players to start a match ( from 16 down on 8 or 10 )

This without premade groups?