MattScott

June 2019 - Next Steps with RIOT

40 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

who to believe, thousands of negative reviews over several years  or one nerd that still plays apb?

hey man you know the script. you play it to so us nerds need to stick together.

1 hour ago, Seedy said:

he he I knew you would say that.. thats why i did it.

Chill dude its just a bit of fun.

oooooh 2 nerves touched.. man I am on a roll tonight!

he he.. 

So easy to wind ppl up the wrong way on these forums, had plenty of fun myself in the past and more entertaining than the game sometimes.

Anyways you Scottish prick, go and put your skirt on and drink another beer "only 😛 joking"

1 hour ago, Kylegrey2 said:

Lol dont troll me like that 😄 There was a time when i was running some weak hardware. I upgraded because everyone told me my pc was a potato and that was why apb wasnt running well for me. To my great disappointment 1500 bucks later, i still had issues... when the servers are running properly, its smooth as silk but lately everytime i play, the servers go haywire for everyone at the same time. The whole district empties out in no time. I love apb. There is no replacing it. Believe me, ive tried. I just want to see the server issues taken care of so we can all enjoy it the way we were meant to.

ha ha man hey sorry didnt mean to get you out there spending dolla! I upgraded the shit out of my system back in 2010 to play APB and im not shitting you I have added nothing since then! I honestly have no fuckin clue what i have right now in my system.. Its an i7 some thing or other and 16 gig of ddr3.. and a shit hot at the time graphics card! Its still handing everything even now!

26 minutes ago, Seedy said:

ha ha man hey sorry didnt mean to get you out there spending dolla! I upgraded the shit out of my system back in 2010 to play APB and im not shitting you I have added nothing since then! I honestly have no fuckin clue what i have right now in my system.. Its an i7 some thing or other and 16 gig of ddr3.. and a shit hot at the time graphics card! Its still handing everything even now!

Lol no worries. Im old enough that i actually had a commodore 64 when they were still being produced so i cant tell when im being trolled. I always take the bait 😛 . Game runs perfect when the servers are running well. Not upgrading for apb again lol.

Just do these things right now while u decide what to do for Riot long term @MattScott

Make Riot servers visable in the advanced server selection tab

Make the riot contact easier to lvl and make it so that premium doubles the rate (like it does with every other contact in APB existence)

Reduce the requirement to start riot from 16 ppl to 8. (4 teams of 2)

• Like 2

I'm still very concerned about the fact I literally cannot play RIOT on the NA server. There just aren't enough people willing to give it a go.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Genobee said:

I'm still very concerned about the fact I literally cannot play RIOT on the NA server. There just aren't enough people willing to give it a go.

You aren't alone, there's a handful of us. Could care less about the mode, just want to finish the contact to collect the skin.

4 hours ago, Genobee said:

I saw that coming at concept.

But I though "Eh, well this RIOTs will be short and small always in worst case scenario" thinking they gonna put 4 less or so players to play limit.

NOPE. 16 players minimum!

On 6/22/2019 at 1:23 PM, Thial said:

Well here's my little rant.

[snip]

I really don't understand why the BR mode is being the focus here while the engine upgrade is the key to everything.

have you read the OP?

it doesn't seem like it, since he did state reasons adressing exactly that.

(who knows if that's all sincere but... all bad assumptions you read aside, his reasons could seem pretty sound)

13 hours ago, Seedy said:

I honestly have no fuckin clue what i have right now in my system.. Its an i7 some thing or other and 16 gig of ddr3.. and a shit hot at the time graphics card! Its still handing everything even now!

press Win+Pause/Break

(and for gpu, go to hardware/device manager (upper left) from there)

or press Win+R and type in dxdiag

not that hard to know your hardware 🙂

Edited by neophobia

@MattScott take that gamemode down please.

Get first UE3.5 out. I rather play on a bugged 3.5 version of APB than

farming joker tickets or ingame cash on this crap developed gamemode.

I seriously don't want to be negative, but this here is just a no for me..

Though where are the 3.5 photos/screenshots?

For me it feels like your just hiding between "new" content to prolong that the Team is probaly not even near to finish 3.5.

If im wrong, then please give the community at least a little update about the current development situation of the engine upgrade.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 5:54 PM, Glaciers said:

available in the joker store

Even though it looks the same as the 3 slot version, the JT variant only has up to two slots making it equal to the Euryale at best. 

23 minutes ago, Lyfeld said:

Even though it looks the same as the 3 slot version, the JT variant only has up to two slots making it equal to the Euryale at best. 

oh i forgot it was a 2slot, good call

17 hours ago, Genobee said:

Unless they do what I said right before you the skins just a big middle finger to everyone.

Hi all,

Patch notes are up for tomorrow's patch.

We have a couple optimizations for RIOT, but the majority of bigger fixes are still being implemented. We want to see how these changes affect things.

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/patch-notes

The team is still testing changes such as:

- Sound in the district

- Improved player messaging

- Lowering the minimum player threshold

- Reworking the end stage 

- Possibly removing respawns in the end stage

- Increasing the protection time of the Hazmat suit gained when respawning

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Maybe the NA players can finally try the gamemode 😉

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We have a couple optimizations for RIOT, but the majority of bigger fixes are still being implemented. We want to see how these changes affect things.

- Sound in the district

Thanks,
Matt

thanks for the quick fixes while the larger issues are being worked on

20 minutes ago, MattScott said:

RIOT - Players now keep their unlocked weapons when they respawn in RIOT

RIOT - Primary weapon unlock now costs $2,000

RIOT - Secondary weapon unlock now costs $1,000

but please dont make unnecessary changes like this

the price increase for preset weapons is almost completely negated because its now a 1 time expense, overall preset weapons are actually cheaper now (provided you die at least once)

secondary price increase also increases the benefit of being good with the fbw, furthering the gap between skilled/unskilled and veteran/new players

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

- Sound in the district

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks.

But No known issues...?

This game is buggy now , i posted them please investigate it.

And you forget to Add High Heel Ankle Boots in jokerstore.

Lol, why even have a cost for your primary weapon if it's a 1 time $2,000 cost? TBH, either give us our loadout 100% of the time, or not at all.

Also, as VSB said, the FBW is already basically the best secondary if you get good at it, so the increased cost is silly. As it is it's not even worth it at $500.

To be clear though, are you not considering changing the standing requirements so that you don't need to play 50+ games to get max level with the contact? Because that's absurd, at the very least for a beta.

*EDIT* Also, I predict that remove respawns in just the endstage will cause several issues.

1. It encourages even more footsies and all around slow and annoying gameplay, especially hiding.

2. It makes the currency game far more worthless once you get to the final stage (realistically you only use a couple thousand in bribes ever from what I can tell.) Basically this means that there's no reason not to die before the last stage.

Edited by Kewlin

KNOWN ISSUES
No known issues

aec16f3020b8aad37169367d045cfbe6.gif

23 hours ago, neophobia said:

have you read the OP?

it doesn't seem like it, since he did state reasons adressing exactly that.

(who knows if that's all sincere but... all bad assumptions you read aside, his reasons could seem pretty sound)

press Win+Pause/Break

(and for gpu, go to hardware/device manager (upper left) from there)

or press Win+R and type in dxdiag

not that hard to know your hardware 🙂

that pausebreak is the best tip i have had this week 🙂

cheers

We asked for more rewards and JT because there is no point on grinding for only a skin on Riot.

13 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

- Sound in the district

Thanks,
Matt

In the patch notes is show that they only increased the cost of unlocking the weapons on Riot.

Just fucking euthanize this gamemode...

4 minutes ago, Devil17 said:

In the patch notes is show that they only increased the cost of unlocking the weapons on Riot.

They increased the initial cost, but you don't need to keep paying it every time you die.  You only need to pay it once.

• Like 1

Thanks for info and keeping us updated! 🙂

ps: pass me a list of those 9 downvoters of your announcement posting in a private message and i will make sure they have a few "unfortunate missions" 😉

Hahaha.

So you really chucked grouping problem under carpet.

Yeah. This not gonna bring bigger population.

Also

17 hours ago, MattScott said:

RIOT - Players now keep their unlocked weapons when they respawn in RIOT

???

Why?