MattScott

June 2019 Update

On 6/23/2019 at 3:15 AM, StubbyClaps said:

Fallen Earth will never make money. It's literally a waste of dollars, time, and energy. LO's only hope of making a profit off of Fallen Earth is to actually create a whole new one. It's idiotic to think that a 10 year old dead mmo will somehow magically be revived.  I would love for Fallen Earth to be supported for another ten years, but Matt clearly stated Fallen Earth doesnt even make enough to support its self. We are supposed to be grateful for a server that cant support itself. Thats not a healthy relationship. How many people are actually working on Fallen Earth? We havent seen ANY progress in over year meanwhile APB has had a few updates, new content and new game modes.

Please feel free to enjoy APB then. I'm sure you'll find plenty of like-minded souls in that forum. 

3 hours ago, zootie said:

Please feel free to enjoy APB then. I'm sure you'll find plenty of like-minded souls in that forum. 

Do you have thousands of dollars to keep the FE server up?

1 hour ago, StubbyClaps said:

Do you have thousands of dollars to keep the FE server up?

Why don't you go to the forums of a game you like, instead of hanging around trashposting this one. You're way past the line for moderation as it is. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zootie said:

Why don't you go to the forums of a game you like, instead of hanging around trashposting this one. You're way past the line for moderation as it is. 

I am deeply passionate about Fallen Earth. However when the CEO of the company tells me Fallen Earth cannot support itself, what other conclusion is there to come to? Pretending there is no problem and acting like FE is making some sort of progress shows me you have zero clue about what is actually going on. Would you like to know how many people are working on Fallen Earth? Ill give you a hint: Its less than 2 and he/she is from Turkey

Edited by StubbyClaps
  • Thanks 2

On 7/2/2019 at 2:08 PM, zootie said:

Way past the line for moderation? So someone speaking their mind and a different ideal to those that constantly make sure their blinkers are on tight need to be moderated?

FE was never a very popular game. Can't deny that fact. All good things must come to end. Another fact. Just because someone can see that a game that doesn't make enough money to even cover its costs, is nothing more than a money pit, regardless of how much they love the game, shows they actually have working synapses.

Some are glad FEs lights are still on, others realise that things will never improve greatly. It doesn't make sense to invest in a game that would be lucky to get several hundred players (it would be a miracle at this point). Do as one of my friends once stated "enjoy it while it lasts, as nothing lasts forever" and remember to look back fondly upon the good times had when the lights eventually go out for good.

• Like 2

The Publishers of Ryzom were in a very similar situation, and their decision to open source the client and server proved to be what they needed to keep their game afloat. Aka "Ryzom Core".

Ryzom is even older than FE, and has been open source since 2010. It proved to have a small, but very energetic open source development community keeping the development pipelines up to date, keeping it able to build under modern versions of operating systems freeing the paid staff to develop content and focus on operations.

The funding for the switch to open-source was done via a successful crowd-funding campaign, where 172k Euros were raised for the transition.  I figure there is a transition as open sourcing means taking spacial care with any licensed technologies being used in the existing client and server. I dunno the nature of the limits you have with the legacy Icarus code, but I am thinking if it is proprietary, and it is yours now, then the limits on open sourcing may be few.

At any rate, it saved Ryzom form the grave, and that game is still here, and they managed to modernize their code base and toolset as a result rather than port it to something new,

I mean porting to new engines is a LOT harder than anyone thinks. Many MMO projects have tried it, and cases of it succeeding are rare. (like how the attempt for The Repopulation was a train-wreck). The only case I can recall where it worked was Anarchy Online but it took like 6 years, and they had all the resources of Funcom who was a lot better off financially and could support the project.

Anyway, Ryzom/Ryzom Core is a real world example of open sourcing a MMO actually worked to save the game, and has kept it going since. Maybe worth seeing if a similar path could be followed?

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 3:01 PM, Dracio said:

Way past the line for moderation? So someone speaking their mind and a different ideal to those that constantly make sure their blinkers are on tight need to be moderated?

FE was never a very popular game. Can't deny that fact. All good things must come to end. Another fact. Just because someone can see that a game that doesn't make enough money to even cover its costs, is nothing more than a money pit, regardless of how much they love the game, shows they actually have working synapses.

Some are glad FEs lights are still on, others realise that things will never improve greatly. It doesn't make sense to invest in a game that would be lucky to get several hundred players (it would be a miracle at this point). Do as one of my friends once stated "enjoy it while it lasts, as nothing lasts forever" and remember to look back fondly upon the good times had when the lights eventually go out for good.

and this is said by a person who thinks he is "expert" in the game when he began to play in 2014 when the game was already dead.......  if you think the game was not popular it's because you did not play it when it was popular.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ matscott :

you know very well where the problem is, this is like a movie and we are already in the final credits. What you should do is put the movie back again so that people can sit and watch it. if it can be an improved version of the movie better, but the game needs more players and not graphics. Leaving two maps for a year would allow a lot of people to get into the game and maybe it was a solution to the lag and all the problems that occurred because the load of the map would be much smaller, think green! positivism!

(trust someone who has played this game since 2011 and not people who played when the game was already dead.)

On 7/11/2019 at 5:04 PM, Aroa Croft said:

and this is said by a person who thinks he is "expert" in the game when he began to play in 2014 when the game was already dead.......  if you think the game was not popular it's because you did not play it when it was popular.

Kindly stop arguing with Ronnie, it only gives him a boner and you're only making his messiah complex worse.

On 7/12/2019 at 12:04 AM, Aroa Croft said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ matscott :

you know very well where the problem is, this is like a movie and we are already in the final credits. What you should do is put the movie back again so that people can sit and watch it. if it can be an improved version of the movie better, but the game needs more players and not graphics. Leaving two maps for a year would allow a lot of people to get into the game and maybe it was a solution to the lag and all the problems that occurred because the load of the map would be much smaller, think green! positivism!

(trust someone who has played this game since 2011 and not people who played when the game was already dead.)

Ever looked at your 'Joined date'? It is 2013. Which means by your logic you were not in FE when it was 'popular' either. As I've stated before, you cannot go by the join dates on the forums as they do not necessarily align with the correct starting date of a person playing FE.

aroa.jpg

As I've said before, I've played longer than my join date, have over 20k hrs in FE (shameful I know) but am far from an expert. Just an avid gamer that happens to like FE.

FE was never really popular. It never had 100k players. Its peak when it hit Steam was 1k players. That isn't popular. Only a fool would think otherwise...

The older players that have been in FE since 2009 would tell me stories of having to queue for ages just to get into FE and if more than a few hundred players were online (if that) the servers would crash. But that was way back in the beginning. The player base in FE has always been on the small scale for an mmo, admittedly it is now at its worst as far as player numbers go.

On 7/13/2019 at 4:58 AM, KatArus said:

Kindly stop arguing with Ronnie, it only gives him a boner and you're only making his messiah complex worse.

Who is this Ronnie you speak of?

Edited by Dracio
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2019 at 1:34 AM, zootie said:

giphy.gif

On 7/15/2019 at 8:49 AM, Dracio said:

Ever looked at your 'Joined date'? It is 2013. Which means by your logic you were not in FE when it was 'popular' either. As I've stated before, you cannot go by the join dates on the forums as they do not necessarily align with the correct starting date of a person playing FE.

aroa.jpg

As I've said before, I've played longer than my join date, have over 20k hrs in FE (shameful I know) but am far from an expert. Just an avid gamer that happens to like FE.

FE was never really popular. It never had 100k players. Its peak when it hit Steam was 1k players. That isn't popular. Only a fool would think otherwise...

The older players that have been in FE since 2009 would tell me stories of having to queue for ages just to get into FE and if more than a few hundred players were online (if that) the servers would crash. But that was way back in the beginning. The player base in FE has always been on the small scale for an mmo, admittedly it is now at its worst as far as player numbers go.

Who is this Ronnie you speak of?

let's see if you have something called intelligence after this argument:

Croft is my second character, before I started with another character and I have not been interested at all in the pvp until the end of 2011 since my initial character has all the crafting (I think it takes time this, at least a year that I know) With this, the video that I show and knowing that it is not easy to learn pvp in this game it is clear to see the date that I started playing, being at least when the death toll books was the strongest of the game and everything was balanced (this is the game space that I think was the most addictive and the one that should be put) By the way, I laugh about your 20,000 hours of play because I do not remember that 1 was in the most splendid time of the game.

I am left with an hour of the time that was a game to play 20K hours (if it were true that I doubt it) that you had played your game in a dead game

This is link of video, not done by me btw, if not by people who acepted me in their team because i was good doing pvp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smW4wwpLwr0

after see video, you can FEEL what means pvp ( is not like today OBVIUSLY)

Edited by Aroa Croft

9 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

let's see if you have something called intelligence after this argument:

Croft is my second character, before I started with another character and I have not been interested at all in the pvp until the end of 2011 since my initial character has all the crafting (I think it takes time this, at least a year that I know) With this, the video that I show and knowing that it is not easy to learn pvp in this game it is clear to see the date that I started playing, being at least when the death toll books was the strongest of the game and everything was balanced (this is the game space that I think was the most addictive and the one that should be put) By the way, I laugh about your 20,000 hours of play because I do not remember that 1 was in the most splendid time of the game.

I am left with an hour of the time that was a game to play 20K hours (if it were true that I doubt it) that you had played your game in a dead game

This is link of video, not done by me btw, if not by people who acepted me in their team because i was good doing pvp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smW4wwpLwr0

after see video, you can FEEL what means pvp ( is not like today OBVIUSLY)

It doesn't take a year to max all crafting on a character. Can be done in roughly a month or so if you are really organised. I have several max crafters and didn't spend much time doing them all. Leveling crafting is a great way to passively level your toon. But hey, only a person with experience in FE would know this.

2 hours ago, Dracio said:

It doesn't take a year to max all crafting on a character. Can be done in roughly a month or so if you are really organised. I have several max crafters and didn't spend much time doing them all. Leveling crafting is a great way to passively level your toon. But hey, only a person with experience in FE would know this.

then do a sum, read what I have exposed, watch the video (and with what players I am in the team, since they were experts in pvp) and you have to know one thing and have it clear, I have not been a casual player if not rather a social player I have always tried to group the largest number of people in order to make the game more fun for everyone, saying this do not take me as your enemy as I see you always take me or as someone else does inthis chat

My goal is that the game is again a game as it was in 2011 or 2012, simply a game that "hooks people" and has a marked role. By the way, if it is true that I registered in the forum in 2013 (the forum and game accounts were separate)

On 6/21/2019 at 8:00 PM, MattScott said:

I wish I could fast forward time and get through this process a lot quicker, but it took years for Icarus to create their engine and more time to create Fallen Earth on top of that. 

Thumbs up. 

ill love to play it if it comes back to its former glory, no hackers and good GM in game, and updates, this was and i play it sence day one hel.l i was in the beta, Back in day when betas where betas and alhpa crap was not beta, I ll pay a monthy fee as long as you get the hackers out, and shops is not pay to win. leave the style items and cars bikes even things to change the weapon looks but no items to unbalance the game, players wanted to get a game like fall 76 but we alkl know that game suck, fallen earth has always been better the fall games anyways back in the day, fix it and you see this rais from the ashes like a you know what. i will be and my guild makes will be coming back ! FIX IT. game been done aready, make it playable updae engine get hackers olut and you will see ! $$$$$$$

Nysek is advising.. well, shouldn't this game have over 9000 players by now? Or is no one understanding him as usual and the devs doing everything wrong?

Nysek has already done what he could with a "question and answer" with the current owner, which is already a lot.

The problem here is that only promises are given (which we all like), but visually nothing new is seen, it is more of the same, even when they take out new graphics it will be more of the same and in my view it is not to change anything.

If we are self-critical with the situation of one year ago, we can see that the game has worsened greatly. It is not for fucking the opinion of anyone who said in the past "if there is a reset I am leaving" or of someone who has said "if there is a reset, people will not play" To all those people "who criticize and give no ideas," I say, where are you when the ship has almost sunk? It gives me that time gives people the reason and it is clear that the game cannot satisfy four people if with it the sequence is to burst a game, as it has clearly been seen over time. With this I say "I saw it coming".

steam charts show reality: https://steamcharts.com/app/113420  ( 20 players is a online game? obviusly, not )

- Idea -

While it is clear that cheaters will continue to play even if no one plays and that dupes and the usual toxicity in the game will continue, I say to this that there are very easy solutions to develop with this and it is not necessary to have a " superanticheat "or have a game without bugs so that everything works with the best guarantees. While the first thing is the reset and do it in advantageous conditions for the developer. Even though the free account is an incentive for cheaters (I would pay a single payment of 5 or 10 euros to create an account) and the bugs of the game, I would leave two maps surrounded in their contours of deadly radiation, to that nobody will transfer the maps (in the case that it is not possible to return to an earlier version) and all the marketplace objects in "non-tradeable", this is called giving ideas.

• Like 1

A lot of the very nice players that have played FE or are still in FE (the very few there is) often only played FE because it was free. Many have stated if they had to pay to play they would never of done so. Many of these free players have contributed to FE marketplace through either subs or the occasional purchase over the years. Making people pay to play would decrease the already non existent player base even more and would stop others from even considering trying FE in the future.

From a business prospective it would be detrimental to the income derived from FE. This would reduce player numbers considerably, thus reducing possible income even more. Making marketplace items non tradeable would effect the economy of the game and profits from the marketplace as there wouldn't be an incentive for those able to buy items in bulk to sell to other players in game. This has been a part of FE's economy for as long as I can remember.

Having a stable game, engaging content, events, new items in the marketplace would do more than reducing the maps, making it pay to play and making all marketplace items non tradeable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would not mind the loss of all items even marketplace ones.

The game is too vast to 'reverse engineer' in less than 25 years. 

They should rebuild sector1 first and focus on PVE. Then add the PVP zones and instances.

And if there was one lesson to learn it is that they made the game too hard for casual PVE players.

I play EVE Online and that game is now over 15 years with 20000 players and still alive. 

I hope FE will be restored to its former glory and stability.

I've been playing since the last couple of weeks of Beta. I thought it was 2008, but someone said 2009, and they're probably right. The memory goes with age. 🙂

I keep paying my subscription and check in here occasionally to see what's going on. I loved the game when Icarus had it. Whoever did the humorous stuff in sectors 1 and 2 must have been among those layed off shortly after the game opened. It would be great if you could locate him/her (after all the technical stuff is fixed) and hire that person back. Creative genius!!! Check out what was done for the first Christmas ingame.

Still love this game! Keep on keeping on. I'm purely PVE, so it's good to hear that will be worked on. Golly, does anyone else remember when melee ruled? I've got 6 level 55 melee toons.

Thanks for the update, Matt.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 3:09 AM, Dracio said:

A lot of the very nice players that have played FE or are still in FE (the very few there is) often only played FE because it was free. Many have stated if they had to pay to play they would never of done so. Many of these free players have contributed to FE marketplace through either subs or the occasional purchase over the years. Making people pay to play would decrease the already non existent player base even more and would stop others from even considering trying FE in the future.

From a business prospective it would be detrimental to the income derived from FE. This would reduce player numbers considerably, thus reducing possible income even more. Making marketplace items non tradeable would effect the economy of the game and profits from the marketplace as there wouldn't be an incentive for those able to buy items in bulk to sell to other players in game. This has been a part of FE's economy for as long as I can remember.

Having a stable game, engaging content, events, new items in the marketplace would do more than reducing the maps, making it pay to play and making all marketplace items non tradeable.

Putting a down payment and one to create an account is used as a barrier. Losing an account that has not cost anything matters nothing, but losing an account that has a "cd key" or has cost 10 euros, at least something matters. if a cheater is caught 40 times it would be a benefit of 400 euros and I think nobody is so dumb to try a 41 times ... if there is no barrier, it does not matter to try 3000 times, do not you see?

making people pay would not lower the population ... there are currently 20 people playing ....

putting the "non-tradeable" system on the market is that it can be duplicated, there is a bug that has not been fixed. If you are going to proceed to make a "clean" version it would be to protect the game. The impression that the game gives me is that they are on the lookout and not driving the ship and that is why the ship has sunk.

• Like 1

Why can't we just get along and be like friends? :v)

Edited by Eliessar
  • Like 1

Can I just add my 2 cents worth.

I played Fallen Earth from the beginning, I have very fond memories of Friday and Saturday parties, with live music and much role play in the bars in the main city.

In fact I played for years. I was a hard core Chota and member of the hardest badest Chota clan the server ever seen or ever had. I was called BIgDa and had many wonderful ingame friends whom I never met in real life or knew personally.

What stopped me playing?

The game ran like a dog even on my modern super duper pc, it was just a lag fest and totally unplayable. And most of my clan mates had the same problem. We thought upgrading our PCs would make it so wonderful. It just made it worse.

It would be a fair point to add that this probably hasn't changed.. And first impression always count.

I do miss my Fallen Earth Motorcycle, I fondly remember the purchase and the purchase of the game.. Yes! once upon a time FE cost money!

Ooh and for the person whom says look at join date on this forum, there something not right there, I played from the 2nd week the game opened, which definitely wasn't 2012.

• Like 2

And Ive been following the games new owners updates and keep coming back hoping for something interesting that would tempt me to reinstall.

• Like 2