Sign in to follow this  
Defibrillator

What helps you win every match?

I thought of writing about this for a long time, but decided to do it today.

Abt me..i am a mediocre player who used to play in bronze district years back, i felt that i was crushing new players by playing more in bronze district. I knew that i was nowhere compared to players in silver district.

The part which i hated the most was ppl insulting you while dethreating..once u are done dethreating u join a bronze district and the newbies insult you. I got so irritated with this dethreating part and i tried playing 2 whole weeks in silver district lost 90% of the missions. 

I found that im an average player solo bt a worse player in a team. I was soo much focused on the kills no matter how many times i died. So i gave a lot of thoughts about it and stopped playing in action districts after that..

Now its been 1.5 years since i played in an action district. I come everyday play in the fight club for 1-1.5 hrs and leave. I have improved a lot compared to what i was before. I know that i couldnt have done the same thing if i had stayed in bronze.. 

I noticed that i hate the following things:

1. I am kill hungry

2. I hate taking responsibility, like doing objectives etc.

3. Driving cars..yeah..my 290ms ping doesnt allow me to do so.

4. Teammates are fine..bt those who say you're a useless prick when they themselves arent good in terms of gameplay.

5. I find mission time too long.

I can play 1 whole day on fight clubs bt i cannot play more than 2 missions on action districts.

As a player what do u think is more important to win a match? Are there any ways you could suggest me to become a good teamplayer? 

Sorry for making it too long. 

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pedroxin said:

This ... 

I know my ping matters, bt i dont have a server which offers me 50-60ms..no matter which server i join..i have the same ping.

I got used to my ping.

Well im not a high skilled gold but there are some things important to me

-That team is important 

Even if u have random mates try to comunicate in any way

with luck u have mates that do the same and u get nice teamplay on missions

Sure its at its best when u have a premade team u play with so ure sure ppl around u understand and play with u

-but most important is have fun!

Sure we all want to win when we play seriously but its a game and u cant win all

aim is obviously important - you have to kill opp to win after all

positioning is a big factor - always attempt to use the map to force fights in your favor

team play is another big one - it’s really just positioning but with extra people

basic game knowledge - knowing things like gun stats, mission objectives/stages, approaches, etc is the basis of everything else

high latency sucks and it will likely prevent you from ever being the bestest of the best player, but in a game like apb where it’s relatively easy to avoid any fights you won’t win latency can be overcome

I love to follow people hidden in shadow and jump on them when they least expect it.

If you are confident of your skills, it's pretty good strategy although not applicable always.

Using car as temporary barriers is one strategy as well. Your own car can be ally on it's own if you are smart with it.

Again, not always you will have access to car though. Some objectives are not even accessible with it.

I try to pick up only one enemy from whole team. If I see second one joining up, unless I'm in pretty good situation or with my back to wall, I usually abort that attack and try to run away or evade them. No shame in that, you resume attack sooner or later. Might even lure enemy out of hiding into more favourable spot for you.

I'm also on lookout for suspicious "pieces of metal" sticking out there and there. While enemy is usually smart enough to hide somewhere, either their impatience or bad positioning can give away they camping spots.

If you know there are several enemies in certain spot, dropping nade there is not so bad of idea. Treat your primary or secondary as finisher then.

If you facing some people which are better than you in terms of skills, at least try to outsmart them. Taking longer time to wait for right moment is better than dying several times until mission will end.

Edited by Mitne

6 hours ago, Pedroxin said:

This ... 

the not hitting targets im aiming directly at and my game stuttering constantly is also a key element to succeeding in apb

Merged.

truth be told, the only way to win apb is to be R255 or R195 with lots of cash (premium)

apb is pay2win unless your willing to play 12 hours a day, so yea its PAY 2 WIN

19 minutes ago, Mitne said:

I'm also on lookout for suspicious "pieces of metal" sticking out there and there. While enemy is usually smart enough to hide somewhere, either their impatience or bad positioning can give away they camping spots.

True that (most people don't point their weapon away from the street corner). And shadows, shadow silhouettes will actually quite often give away players (most people seem to not think about the direction the sun or street lights when hiding behind a corner). NPCs also don't start running in panic for no reason, you can often use this to your advantage as an early warning system 😉. Also listen for enemy footsteps and enemies running over trashcans or boxes (if you know the map then you can often precook a nade and land it on them just as they round the corner).

I often get accused of using wall hacks due to advanced tactics like the above.

2 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

As a player what do u think is more important to win a match? Are there any ways you could suggest me to become a good teamplayer? 

First off, you need the better ping. You'll just keep struggling with that when facing decent players.

Apart from that, i've noticed that a lot of people don't really flank, they also don't move in units most of the time. This is probably due to lack of communication, since most of the time I use the team chat this problem gets sorted out.

The thing that helps me win most of the times is enemy and environment awareness. Basically knowing where to go, from where to attack and who to attack first. 

So yeah. Awareness, communication, using a rifle, moving in units... these things really help.

btw you can shoot people through most fences/safety bars and under cars but some players still don't know so shhhh

You are most likely posing the wrong questions to the wrong people. Instead, you should ask yourself only – "What I want to do today in the game to have some quality gaming time?", at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if you have won or lost most of your matches, if you have spent all your time driving and chatting, just have been in Social fooling around or creating, the only thing which actually matters is whether or not you had fun and feel like having your gaming needs fulfilled. 

Edited by Bambola

my ping- 315 ms

fps - 60

playing since 2012

2.5 hrs of gameplay

my threat lvl is somewhere between silver and gold as it keeps sliding between gold and silver. Weird thing is even though i get 315 latency i dont experience any 'visible' lag. Yep you heard that right. i play the game at minimum graphics and my game runs smooth most of the time even though /fps command says im getting 315 ping.

I play only in action districts as i dislike fightclubs. i just find them boring. i do okish against against golds in the silver districts. i play in both districts but i prefer to stay in ronze district. i avoid rekting bronze threat and lower by acting as a noob player and giving them a chance to learn though i rekt high lvl silvers in bronze server.

as for some tips...idk. i dont play in groups cuz i dont have voice chat and i dont like making other people lose cuz of me and im also kind of a troll who likes to trash talk.

i like nfas and atac as they are easy to use even with lag. Avoid tap firing guns unless you have a good gaming mice. also learn to use hvr. 

Edited by foscor77

1 hour ago, Bishada8800 said:

True that (most people don't point their weapon away from the street corner). And shadows, shadow silhouettes will actually quite often give away players (most people seem to not think about the direction the sun or street lights when hiding behind a corner). NPCs also don't start running in panic for no reason, you can often use this to your advantage as an early warning system 😉. Also listen for enemy footsteps and enemies running over trashcans or boxes (if you know the map then you can often precook a nade and land it on them just as they round the corner).

I often get accused of using wall hacks due to advanced tactics like the above.

what are shadows xd

First of all: if you wanna win every single game, you don't play solo.

Second: unless they are wallhacking (which rarely happen to me when it comes to high ranks), mind games can trick even the most skilled/reactive players with 5k + hours..you have to understand your opponent

Third: Fucking low-yields brainless spam can win any fight without you having to aim at the enemy, which is one of the many reasons i stopped playing this non-competitive trash game

Edited by Lato

Sign in to follow this