Tigrix

Is RFP the biggest crutch since HVR & Yukon fixes?

17 hours ago, Snubnose said:

you mean the IR3 version, right?... because you can get the regular RFP ingame...

correct. I instantly assumed the post was about the fang.

3 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Weird, I got mocked calling out the gun years ago. Guess it just took more time.

Fairly sure the RFP received a buff since a few years ago. I think maybe it's hipfire accuracy was improved or something?

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

You guys just noticed? I talk about that gun for fucking months.

there also were threads abt this for months

op just doesnt know how to search apparently

You know you're bad when you're out-gunned by an RFP when using the OBIR.

1308080821001.jpg

10 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

You know you're bad when you're out-gunned by an RFP when using the OBIR.

That's because the RFP is better than the OBIR, unless at long range.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, GhosT said:

unless at long range.

pickachu_crying.gif

it usually is

Edited by KnifuWaifu

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

That's because the RFP is better than the OBIR, unless at long range.

Sure, if you are dumb enough to be caught without cover. 

This is why we don't want bad players (not referring to you GhosT) balancing weapons. 

Edited by CookiePuss

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

This is why we don't want bad players (not referring to you GhosT) balancing weapons. 

When comparing weapons I don't usually put one into cover to make it better than it actually is.

If both players are out in the open, it's easy enough to outgun the OBIR.

Let's not forget that this is APB and you don't always have cover.

And yeah, you do have a point there, bad players shouldn't balance weapons, but nor should good players.

I've seen a lot of good players during all the years of APB saying gun X is perfectly fine, but they all ended up getting nerfed.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Let's just agree that secondaries shouldn't be more powerful than primaries in their class.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mitne said:

Let's just agree than secondaries shouldn't be more powerful than primaries in their class.

True. Secondaries in games have always been fall-back-weapons in most cases, same thing happened in APB.

Yet some secondaries are primary-worthy, while some primaries could go through as some of the worst secondaries.

APB balance is whack.

9 minutes ago, GhosT said:

When comparing weapons I don't usually put one into cover to make it better than it actually is.

If both players are out in the open, it's easy enough to outgun the OBIR.

I guess that makes the RFP better than the HVR for most of it's range as well.

7 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Let's just agree than secondaries shouldn't be more powerful than primaries in their class.

Same class? 

One is a pistol and the other a rifle.

Why not compare the RFP to the OSCAR? Or to the carbine? 

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I guess that makes the RFP better than the HVR for most of it's range as well.

Now what kind of comparision is this? The RFP and HVR are fundamentally different.

Both the RFP and OBIR are 3 round burst weapons, and are comparable in certain points. Especially at mid range where the OBIR should be the better choice, the RFP can still easily outgun the OBIR, especially the Fang.

9 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Now what kind of comparision is this? The RFP and HVR are fundamentally different.

Both the RFP and OBIR are 3 round burst weapons, and are comparable in certain points. Especially at mid range where the OBIR should be the better choice, the RFP can still easily outgun the OBIR, especially the Fang.

And RFP vs Oscar ?

make every gun have 0 bloom and pinpoint accurate, rebalance weapons around this idea.

wow that was hard

• Like 1

fang is genuinely the only thing i consider pay to win in this game, as it's a straight upgrade available trough armas.

also i posted this multiple times but here we go, one more time.

unknown.png

35 minutes ago, swindIe said:

make every gun have 0 bloom and pinpoint accurate, rebalance weapons around this idea.

wow that was hard

People have said this for years but the community likes the curve.

RFP is a pretty good primary imo

22 hours ago, owzzy said:

Fairly sure the RFP received a buff since a few years ago. I think maybe it's hipfire accuracy was improved or something?

It did receive a buff a couple of years ago - it used to bloom like crazy when you were exiting sprinting mode so it was really hard to hipfire it.

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2019 at 7:18 PM, iRawwwN said:

The Fang is a crutch yeah. I haven't bought it because I'm waiting for the inevitable nerf to it... but that's taking long enough. 

N-TEC isn't a crutch. @GhosT The N-TEC (or STAR) should be the base weapon and every other gun should be balanced around it.

1)

Rfp is fine.

Fang is a direct upgrate and it's certainly one of the best secondary of the game, competitive but not better than primary weapons with same range.

For that, I have difficult to understand why someone assume it is overpower.

It is not necessary to nerf the RFP, what needs to be done it's just a slighty buff for the other secondary weapons, especially the other ones for medium/long range (act44 etc)

2)

- Ntec with IR3 is the  main problem, especially the URSUS for his "special mechanichs" until 75/80m every bullets make full damage with the same TTk... and kill with one less shot...

PRETTY WEIRD FOR WEAPONS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A ASSAULT RIFLES AND WORK AS A MOBILE SNIPER.

I guess Little Orbit have tried with IR debuff to Nerf the Ntec too also, but make it easy.. nerf directly the damage  range drop off  for BOTH until 45m.

Ntec Ursus has to be as to be conceive, a direct upgrade and a assault rifle (no a possible antifck everything ) that just  kill with a less shot.

3)

90% of the weapons are uncompetitive.. Need a general rework for each one of them..

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Like 1

Why did I have to read so much misinformation in a balance discussion thread.
Please, first get your facts straight before trying to break even more.

Fang is good if the enemy team is running around the street like headless chickens.
If the enemy team has some oil in their head then usually you won't even get the chance to use it properly.
Of course the exception is the corner popping gameplay like with the shotgun.
Is it op ?
Not really but it could use a range nerf.

It's more of a noob gun which gives you a high reward for low effort same as atac.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2019 at 3:26 PM, CookiePuss said:

If it's the "good players" balancing them now, then obviously that isn't working either 😄

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

If it's the "good players" balancing them now, then obviously that isn't working either 😄

So far all we've gotten is LO's fixing of the Yukon, nerfing of the HVR, and... whatever it is they've done to shotguns. (RIP CSG)

13 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

1)

competitive but not better than primary weapons with same range.

It's worth having an RFP 'Fang' and a primary, eg. JG instead of running an OBIR/CR762 and an FBW. The Fang can compete with many primaries... when in reality it shouldn't. An OBIR should not be having problems vs a Fang at 45m+, yet it does.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2019 at 2:13 AM, TheJellyGoo said:

Weird, I got mocked calling out the gun years ago. Guess it just took more time.

That's how stuff works on APB forums I guess. Sad but they don't like truth very much.

16 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

1)

Rfp is fine.

Fang is a direct upgrate and it's certainly one of the best secondary of the game, competitive but not better than primary weapons with same range.

For that, I have difficult to understand why someone assume it is overpower.

It is not necessary to nerf the RFP, what needs to be done it's just a slighty buff for the other secondary weapons, especially the other ones for medium/long range (act44 etc)

2)

- Ntec with IR3 is the  main problem, especially the URSUS for his "special mechanichs" until 75/80m every bullets make full damage with the same TTk... and kill with one less shot...

PRETTY WEIRD FOR WEAPONS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A ASSAULT RIFLES AND WORK AS A MOBILE SNIPER.

I guess Little Orbit have tried with IR debuff to Nerf the Ntec too also, but make it easy.. nerf directly the damage  range drop off  for BOTH until 45m.

Ntec Ursus has to be as to be conceive, a direct upgrade and a assault rifle (no a possible antifck everything ) that just  kill with a less shot.

3)

90% of the weapons are uncompetitive.. Need a general rework for each one of them..

Wow...

RFP isn't fine at all lol.

You mean Ursus is 5stk in 80m? Have you tried it?