Lixil

RIOT Feedback

hide and seek simulator: reloaded

[footage courtesy of tizzie]

thanks so much for this epic game mode little orbit lmao

Edited by Glaciers
added stuff

Why does the end screen even say "NEXT TIME"?

That means you lost at the last round...with couldn't bribe or not enough to bribe

We need a system to prevent afk from entering the game mode.

There's at least one person who've been afk everytime i end up in her team (ended up 4 time in 2 days with the same afk)

Always nice to respawn at the oposite of the map because you've got an afk in a red zone with definitely not enought time to cross the map

Oh yea and maybe start recording people kills

Edited by lolmort/tenyearsmadrus

1 hour ago, esc597 said:

That means you lost at the last round...with couldn't bribe or not enough to bribe

But it even says "NEXT TIME" if you win.

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

But it even says "NEXT TIME" if you win.

Every time is next time.

Matt made the mistake of requiring 12 ppl in order for the halloween event to start last yr when the pop was low, after bringing that up he finally said mid way through that was too high and next time hed make it lower so ppl could actually play the event. Well he didnt learn obv cause heres Riot and not only is the game pop lower then when halloween ran he made the requirement 16 ppl, HIGHER then what he said was a mistake back at halloween. Either he didnt listen to us or hes prone to making the same mistakes over and over.

i like RIOT, and i like thi type of game too. It's great and for me can increas the population on APB.

🙂 

On 6/21/2019 at 1:04 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

Matt made the mistake of requiring 12 ppl in order for the halloween event to start last yr when the pop was low, after bringing that up he finally said mid way through that was too high and next time hed make it lower so ppl could actually play the event. Well he didnt learn obv cause heres Riot and not only is the game pop lower then when halloween ran he made the requirement 16 ppl, HIGHER then what he said was a mistake back at halloween. Either he didnt listen to us or hes prone to making the same mistakes over and over.

Or maybe just maybe MattScott had said the Halloween event was built similar to RIOT before  hand ?

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Or maybe just maybe MattScott had said the Halloween event was built similar to RIOT before  hand ?

Regardless if it was or wasnt the fact still stands that the same exact issue with the way too high pop requirement (that he admitted was too high) is still not only an issue but was made even higher. Tell me if 12 was too high then isnt 16 worse?

Very well then. Lets lay it all off, honestly and somewhat brutally.

Personally, I think that tying a contact specifically to a game mode is a terrible move. I would even go as far as to say its anti-consumer. Doing this has no longevity for this mode, and people will feel more annoyed by the fact they are pressured into playing this for new content. Watch how in a few weeks tops this will be abandoned, and the only thing that will drive people to come and play is the contact there, and if the rewards are not worth it, only completionists will be playing it, and otherwise it will be left drier than the gold districts. Just because a few games managed to hit it rich with the Battle Royale concept, doesn't mean its going to succeed everywhere its applied to.

With this out of the way, I want to address that while I totally understand that this is the beta, this thread is supposed to be for feedback, and here's mine:

The spawns are terrible. They don't take into account the areas where the RIOT device has been activated, meaning that by the time you spawn beside an area where it has been activated, you will die by the time you get to where you're supposed to because that area has been claimed by the gas, needlessly costing a life. Either adjust the spawn areas to take the yellow areas into account, or lower the cool down on the gas mask consumable. This doesn't contribute to increasing the difficulty or anything. It is just outright frustrating.

It happened multiple times to me that right after joining the server for a new round , the game crashes, and the launcher has to reinstall a few files as it normally does, and after a while this gets rather annoying. Admittedly the possibility is there that something is wrong on my end, but I want to note that this only happened on the new mode, not the rest of the game.

While this is a minor issue to consider, I don't like how the audio in various areas still keeps playing, like dogs barking in alleys, people talking, announcements at gas stations, etc. This is supposed to be taking place after almost everyone left that part of the city, and its a little immersion-breaking.

The weapons (or at least the weapon spawns) need to be randomized more. I know it makes sense for high velocity weapons to be in high areas, but what is the point if this is the case almost every time? This means that all you need to do is get to those areas with your team and camp there, because there is not enough variety, and the the predictive pattern always compels people to do the same thing each and every round, and hoping they get lucky. I don't think that's how a Battle Royale is supposed to turn out.

This concludes my feedback, as a player who had some 50-60 games until I leveled up the contact, and only won 5 times, and I have no reason to return there, except to literally play 2-3 rounds, get frustrated, and leave. Did I mention that the contact levels very slowly? I didn't, but yeah. Maybe its attributed to my high loss rate, but I do wish it could level up faster than that.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Regardless if it was or wasnt the fact still stands that the same exact issue with the way too high pop requirement (that he admitted was too high) is still not only an issue but was made even higher. Tell me if 12 was too high then isnt 16 worse?

Do you realize you just said " even though it was said in advance that I don't care I'll act as if it wasn't " 👁️👁️

I'm still waiting to see if LO is going to find a way to make it at all possible for players who didn't play during the first few days to get the skin, especially players who have to like, do other things like work and have a life outside of work and APB.

Merged.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:12 AM, Seedy said:

this is brilliant.

I too have been here for said time and while I am not heavily in to the lore I appreciate that allot of people are and RIOT just shits all over it. LO do not know enough about APB to write the story. 

And This:

(P.S. You use both "San Paroan" and "San Parian" in the same bio, I personally prefer the latter, but just don't use both in the same bio please, lol.)

Maybe a spelling mistake i dont know.

LO please listen to us and turn back the clock on this mess. We dont want RIOT.

Sorry I didn't get around to replying sooner, but yeah, I just don't get it man.

• Like 1

So, just played a RIOT round. Ended up with two areas left, both being camped by a 4 man team, plus the 3 man team I was on. One of the areas had a RIOT device in it and the other didn't, but of course the team with the RIOT device didn't arm it, cos then they'd have had to leave their little hidey-hole.

Me and a team mate tried to evict the team in the final area, but weren't successful due to be being outnumbered (did kill 2 of them, but they had respawns), and then I was the only one with any lives left on my team. I ended up spending a good 10 minutes hiding behind a barrier until the last RIOT device finally armed itself in the hope the last 2 teams would more or less kill each other and I'd be able to waltz in and pick up the pieces. Spoiler alert: I was ultimately unsuccessful.

Well, it was either that or try and 1v4 my way to victory.

10/10 Best game-mode ever.

On 6/18/2019 at 9:51 PM, Lixil said:

Hello everyone,

If you have any feedback regarding RIOT please post it here for easier information access, this feedback can help us improve this mode in the right direction. There have been many threads regarding this and we have been reading them.

Please bear in mind that the RIOT is in beta and that your feedback can help us a lot. Please try to keep this thread constructive and without spam.

You changed the cost of primary and secondary weapons, but did not change them in the tutorial.

rAeGGOKn2fM.jpg

• Like 2

Still waiting for a fix that will make riot playable. Nobody even ques for it anymore so at this point I think its too late even if the number of players to start was reduced. You needed fast prompt action but you stalled and watched again.

Edited by Darkzero3802

Kills gained in RIOT mode still don't count towards weapon roles...

Also it still just isn't rewarding enough. Just had sort of a worst case: played for a while, then spectated and watched my team lose, and got like 1.5k apb$ in the end.

Edited by thelinux
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, thelinux said:

Also it still just isn't rewarding enough. Just had sort of a worst case: played for a while, then spectated and watched my team lose, and got like 1.5k apb$ in the end.

And I like that they do not count. Let it be. 😉

2 hours ago, Clowbber said:

And I like that they do not count. Let it be. 😉

care to explain why?

22 hours ago, thelinux said:

Thats not the biggest problem, the biggest issue is the fact that Matt made this mode require 16 ppl to start when theres no playerbase to support it and it was a struggle just to get 4 ppl for FC. If he had made it 8 maby there was a chance but its too late now seeing as nobody even ques for riot anymore. Nothing in the mode matters if ppl dont que for it so u can actually play.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 6:54 PM, Glaciers said:

care to explain why?

I have a few characters on whom I do not want to rock the role of weapons. I use only Stabba.
P.s. when you have 5-7 pumped characters it becomes boring and I have fun as I can.
P.s.s. 😘 
P.s.s.s. Similarly, the killings were not counted in the role of the - Autumn Assault. I was only glad 😋

Edited by Clowbber

On 7/2/2019 at 5:26 PM, Clowbber said:

I have a few characters on whom I do not want to rock the role of weapons. I use only Stabba.
P.s. when you have 5-7 pumped characters it becomes boring and I have fun as I can.
P.s.s. 😘 
P.s.s.s. Similarly, the killings were not counted in the role of the - Autumn Assault. I was only glad 😋

You've already said that you don't want to progress in your weapon roles, but you still did not give any reason.

I couldn't think of any disadvantage in regards to progressing weapon roles, so feel free to explain.

You say you have 5-7 "pumped" characters so that "it becomes boring". The only case where I could imagine that it becomes boring is when you've maxed out all weapon roles.

I doubt you've maxed out all weapon roles (or even the major ones) on 5-7 characters..

13 minutes ago, thelinux said:

You've already said that you don't want to progress in your weapon roles, but you still did not give any reason.

I couldn't think of any disadvantage in regards to progressing weapon roles, so feel free to explain.

You say you have 5-7 "pumped" characters so that "it becomes boring". The only case where I could imagine that it becomes boring is when you've maxed out all weapon roles.

I doubt you've maxed out all weapon roles (or even the major ones) on 5-7 characters..

This is my position, I play as I like.
(p.s. yes, fully pumped weapon roles in my 3 characters.)  😌

3 hours ago, Clowbber said:

This is my position, I play as I like.
(p.s. yes, fully pumped weapon roles in my 3 characters.)  😌

The 4 major roles alone are 20.000 kills each, that's 240.000 kills without considering the other roles... anyway, pointless discussion right there.

There's no reason for kills to NOT count towards the according weapon roles, period.

I'd like something to do while waiting on RIOT to start. Give players some open world objectives spawning in, ideally some that offer a small bit of standing. "Setup Riot Devices" or something, this would help introduce players to what they look like and where they're located around the city.  Downtime before matches (not just in riot, but all districts) is one of the biggest drawbacks I've experienced. It's also at it's worst when you're unsure if you'll even get enough people to start.

• Like 1