Crunk

Why do most people write in the forums like it's the news?

Today we'll be diving into this strange phenomena, and really digging into why it happens.
Have you at home ever been reading the APB:Reloaded Forum, and thought for a second; "Oh my god this is just like the news."
Well the problem inherent here is that there is a certain formula to the way a web page is laid out that can give that feeling. There's also the fact the same news gets posted on the daily. However, the biggest issue I've investigated is the fact that there's no limitation on how many times the same exact person can post the same exact subject material, only written differently. This gives the forum a very bland, newspaper-esque taste, almost as if I'm the dog picking it off the ground and bringing it to my master with my teeth. (more on how newspaper can hurt your dogs teeth at 9 o'clock pm.)  
There are long term repercussions to this, and we've already felt them in the past. The fact is if newer players are not giving things a chance and posting demands that are clearly not well thought through, the game we are all here trying to keep up is going to plummet into an even more obscure title, where things are so easy, it becomes a 20 minutes, once a month kind of game for the majority of competitive, money tossing players. *Cough* Warframe.

Post your debates below!

• Like 1

If the same subject material is posted without limitation, it’s not news.

...it’s olds.

• Like 1

Why are americans always making these stupid posts

Edited by -Dan-
  • Thanks 1

People make the same post all the time becuase still nothing have changed,only RIOT is new and no one asked for it

• Thanks 1

Because Im bored and I have no healthy alternatives to release my frustration.

i think ur high or way too fucking tired

because what

10 hours ago, RCooper said:

People make the same post all the time becuase still nothing have changed,only RIOT is new and no one asked for it

people make the same posts  because they repeat what others already posted.

as for no one asked for riot  , everyone asked for something new to play that wasnt just a gun or car so ... yes people asked for riot , just not riot specifically by name.

Thanks for your newspaper article, very informative.

sketch-1560925905383.png

Edited by PGAW67
  • Like 1

Since topics are usually unresolved in a short amount of time, the same topics get brought up over and over. Since there are only so many words you can use to express the same topic time and time again no one wants to repeat the same words as that is "boring" and "old".

So to keep the topic fresh even though its been repeated a number of times the complexity of  ideas plummets each time its brought up until it turns into straight out demands and/or ideas that aren't properly thought out.

Its not hard to understand what is being said.

And it actually happens on these forums.

Its why the forums have gotten so boring and stale over time, very rarely is anyone consistent for an extended period of time.

To be honest when big discussion threads were necro'd that was better because anyone looking in on the problem got the whole picture.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

13 hours ago, -Dan- said:

Why are americans always making these stupid posts

Look up Reddit. Idiocracy at it best.

42 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Look up Reddit. Idiocracy at it best.

Look up 4chan, weaponised autism

I like the fact the APB:R Forum is like the news, sipping my coffee silently in the morning and occasionally scrolling down the Forum is the only way I "play" this game for the past year or so. Having tons of the fundamentally same topics yet worded in a different way perhaps seemingly makes the Forum to look like it fails to deliver on its biggest promise - to tell us what's exactly happening with the game, however it gives us a precise insight into what is not happening and that is what interests me the most. Regardless, a rhetorical post scrutinizing the issues which at this point demand quixotic measures was something refreshing to read today, thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PGAW67 said:

Thanks for your newspaper article, very informative.

Reveal hidden contents

sketch-1560925905383.png

this is amazing

what's up with the 2008 emo girl profile pic. i thought we were already over that phase.

16 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

Look up 4chan, weaponised autism

And still sounds more sane than Reddit.

• Thanks 1

RIOT is actually being played by thousands of players and is a hit amongst the community, don't listen to the fake news.

• Like 1

BREAKING: I found my APB:R login after a botched SSD update! 💕  (OMG my picture collection... still crying).

In other news I'm going to get a ZEN2 platform in a couple of weeks so I can break the FPS counter 🤭🥒

43 minutes ago, gamergoggles said:

RIOT is actually being played by thousands of players and is a hit amongst the community, don't listen to the fake news.

Awesome rally, wasn't it? 🤠

Edited by Jazeker

2 hours ago, Bambola said:

I like the fact the APB:R Forum is like the news, sipping my coffee silently in the morning and occasionally scrolling down the Forum is the only way I "play" this game for the past year or so. Having tons of the fundamentally same topics yet worded in a different way perhaps seemingly makes the Forum to look like it fails to deliver on its biggest promise - to tell us what's exactly happening with the game, however it gives us a precise insight into what is not happening and that is what interests me the most. Regardless, a rhetorical post scrutinizing the issues which at this point demand quixotic measures was something refreshing to read today, thank you.

Pretty much my thoughts ^