RoseTheGoat

What has happened to apb?

I am more than likely not the first person to complain about this. but I am definitely not going to be the last either. To think that things within apb could get any worse... So I really want to recap what has happened since the Fair, Fixed, and Fun patched released:

1. The big patch has been delayed 1 week: while this is the most minor thing, it was a very bad but needed step to take. however in this process LO did nothing but kill the little hype that people had going

2. Riot finally came out: those who still had faith were so ready to dive right in and we were immediately faced by issues with Easy Anti Cheat blocking people from playing and servers not loading people in.

3. oh my god Jericho: since the patch, Jericho players have been experiencing latency that is higher than what you would get for Citadel as an NA player. as well as Citadel players getting 3 times as much ping on Jericho.

4. No not Citadel too: While Citadel's latency is okay, the servers went out for a few days during a "network Outage"

5. Oopsie Doopsie: There is also the issue of Riot constantly crashing people at random, causing a full reinstall and an annoying series of Errors from EAC.

6. Muh Moneh: Many people who were thirsty for the new jmb primary were ready with their wallets open and ready to spend. unfortunately, for many people their money went into the void. I have found a group of people like myself who had spent money on getting a few things (mostly joker boxes, and in my case a DMR), and it gladly took our money, but didn't get the goods. hope they respond to the ticket before Riot dies, oh wait...

Im trying to make this brief and put my opinion out there on this. but this is the peak time for Jericho and Riot is already dead, many people are leaving because of the servers. and LO? they have neglected to address the issues of Jericho, and the purchase issues. while they are fast to fix Citadel's issues. feels like the transparency is starting to fade more into a solid wall. So I am going to repeat the question in the topic, what has happened to apb? it feels like we been yeeted into a pit of fire and are trying our best not to burn. as of right now, and has been all day, the pop of Nekrova has been a tad higher than Jericho and Citadel staggers at 600 to 700 players. that totals to 900 players at most. and the population is furthering downward. and people are already starting to make threads on how riot is dead on Jericho. it is a mess, and I am legitimately fearful of the future of this game.

Please do give your thoughts, I want to see how other people are taking the situation. hopefully a lot less panicked than me rn.

• Like 1

I'm not 100 percent panicked, but the outlook is not good at this point. The survival of the company depends on the survival of APB, so I think that means they'll try their hardest, even if it's not very good right now. 

If worst comes to worst and the game starts dying hopefully someone with the time and resources sees APB's potential and snaps it up, but I don't see death happening anytime soon. Gotta keep hope, right?

Edited by IROCkiller
  • Like 1

tl;dr - game not do good

we’re at critical mass right now on NA, where even if we get the fixes (other than the “legendary” engine upgrade) the game needs we don’t have the population to actually experience it

7 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

The survival of the company depends on the survival of APB

tbh i don’t think this is true, orbit has several games under development right now

while apb failing wouldn’t be good for them i doubt it would collapse the whole company

Edited by Glaciers
merged

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

Tbh i don’t think this is true, orbit has several games under development right now

while apb failing wouldn’t be good for them i doubt it would collapse the whole company

That's true. APB is their main moneymaker as of now, because Fallen Earth is dead and Unsung Story hasn't actually come out yet. If APB dies they might be able to survive until Unsung Story is complete.

I think employee morale dropping right now because of the community's reactions. In a funny way, it's kind of a self-fufilling prophecy. The game will fail because everyone thinks it will fail, and the employees see that. That's why I say we have to hold out hope that LO figures it out.

Don't worry about LO folks they'll do ok, once they've finished killing APB they can go back to making Disney games for 3 yr olds.

34 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Don't worry about LO folks they'll do ok, once they've finished killing APB they can go back to making Disney games for 3 yr olds.

You're welcome. don't upset me personally .

4 hours ago, RoseTheGoat said:

I am more than likely not the first person to complain about this. but I am definitely not going to be the last either. To think that things within apb could get any worse... So I really want to recap what has happened since the Fair, Fixed, and Fun patched released:

1. The big patch has been delayed 1 week: while this is the most minor thing, it was a very bad but needed step to take. however in this process LO did nothing but kill the little hype that people had going

2. Riot finally came out: those who still had faith were so ready to dive right in and we were immediately faced by issues with Easy Anti Cheat blocking people from playing and servers not loading people in.

3. oh my god Jericho: since the patch, Jericho players have been experiencing latency that is higher than what you would get for Citadel as an NA player. as well as Citadel players getting 3 times as much ping on Jericho.

4. No not Citadel too: While Citadel's latency is okay, the servers went out for a few days during a "network Outage"

5. Oopsie Doopsie: There is also the issue of Riot constantly crashing people at random, causing a full reinstall and an annoying series of Errors from EAC.

6. Muh Moneh: Many people who were thirsty for the new jmb primary were ready with their wallets open and ready to spend. unfortunately, for many people their money went into the void. I have found a group of people like myself who had spent money on getting a few things (mostly joker boxes, and in my case a DMR), and it gladly took our money, but didn't get the goods. hope they respond to the ticket before Riot dies, oh wait...

Im trying to make this brief and put my opinion out there on this. but this is the peak time for Jericho and Riot is already dead, many people are leaving because of the servers. and LO? they have neglected to address the issues of Jericho, and the purchase issues. while they are fast to fix Citadel's issues. feels like the transparency is starting to fade more into a solid wall. So I am going to repeat the question in the topic, what has happened to apb? it feels like we been yeeted into a pit of fire and are trying our best not to burn. as of right now, and has been all day, the pop of Nekrova has been a tad higher than Jericho and Citadel staggers at 600 to 700 players. that totals to 900 players at most. and the population is furthering downward. and people are already starting to make threads on how riot is dead on Jericho. it is a mess, and I am legitimately fearful of the future of this game.

Please do give your thoughts, I want to see how other people are taking the situation. hopefully a lot less panicked than me rn.

• Thanks 1