Mitne

Mitne RIOT rant - aka. how not to do BR in small population.

You announced BR - despite nobody even asking for it.

You tested BR - and decided to ignore most of suggestions.

You released BR... and it turned out exactly as "pessimists" like me expected.

Awful. Badly done. Unfinished. Done against will of community.

What is so bad in it?:

Big clans groups dominating, solo players. (For me personally, biggest offense. It was risen as possible issue by me back then. You said your team gonna fix it @MattScott. My proposition was to randomize team despite groups. You didn't make sure that will be thing in the end. Now being solo in this game is punishment.)

Cheaters teams which prevent you from winning. (Above issue + EAC at work ladies and gentlemen)

Small population essentialy kill chances of winning ever (If I run in the same groups six times despite changing matches... something ain't right in that BR, right?)

Boredom between fights. (Finding loot zzz...)

Boredom between matches. (Waiting for team to die, loading, eventually crashing, waiting for it to verify files and joining game again ._. ... I can't even make that up...)

Crashes (the weaker the PC, the bigger the chance - users of low-end and medium-end PCs be aware).

Bad spawn system (Near border of non-contaminated zone is fine but way too often I spawn in gas half-way across map, with no possible chance to even reach desitination - even then borders usually are camped by other team. + Separation from teams while spawning + If I pay for respawn... why I don't have choice WHERE to respawn?)

Bribing at the end (Excuse me... why we even collect that cash... if "bribing" means bribing with non-existent cash in king-of-the-hill style? - encourage camping at finale zone as well) - after investigating it longer, it turns out bribes come from team account.

Locked finale zone (The fact that you can localize finale zone (just look for zone which have no RIOT device) - means that teams are bound to camp on it, while others who do RIOT devices can do shit)

Legging it across map (Boring. Boring. BOOOORING. Stray cars on the street. Too much to ask? Why even put OSMAW or LMGs, if you don't plan to put in usable vehicles?)

The fact that all RIOT devices don't self-activate over some time. (Self-explanatory. That moment when all teams are in finale zone but one of RIOT devices isn't activated somewhere between 3 zones near finale one - if RIOT devices would self-activate randomly after some time... this wouldn't be a problem.)

Lack of any background sounds or music + Sounds from normal APB like in action which don't fit in deserted San Paro environment (adds to boredom and kills mood of this BR)

Incomplete tutorial (Sure. 4 steps... what about more? Like bribing stage is not explained...)

Respawns on it's own (with connection of bad spawn system - honestly? I would prefer permadeath. At least it would be more fair to me and others... and would let me search other game instead of dying few times in row because I can't find any serious weapon in finale stage.)

Strange lore (This is first time where lore made little sense to me. Lead me to believe that this was even more rushed that you want us to believe.)

Very repetitive gameplay. (Honestly after 10 matches... I felt pretty much bored. Even FC is less repetitive in feel - and that's achievement taking FC is usually TDM or capture the point in huge group of people)

Weapon roles don't count in RIOT (Honestly... just why? Makes little sense in this BR.)

Bribing stage. You killed every enemy team? TOUGH LUCK. This who bribed most auto-win! (The fuck was this shit? I won for FIRST time since 3 days. But game said I didn't. Why? Because they bribed driver HIGHER. How does it even make sense?! Corpses gonna drive out from zone?! And who gonna carry them?! Team which lost?! Lore-wise, function-wise and fairness-wise this is idiotic as hell.)

16 people TO START (Yeah, good luck keeping this gamemode alive after month. FC dies because there are only 2-3 people always missing to start it and you want to keep regulars at RIOT? Ha. Good joke. Quick glance at will.io/apb and they will resign.)

Three easy achievements and one impossible (You all though wins gonna be easy to achieve, right? Ten fucking wins. Are you mad? And all of it JUST for 100 JTs.) ~ (Sidenote: I'm gonna farm this achievement so badly by rigging RIOT and I dare you to ban me. Credibility is lost. I see people rigging up this thing already for wins. Congratulations.)

What is so good in it?:

...I guess pretty much nothing... Oh wait. JTs and Yakuza skin (Looks very good).

What this gamemode remind you of?:

...Autumn Assault...

Seriously. Start to work on it and addressing at least SOME of this issues. This gamemode is already on it's path to death. Just as expected by me.

Hope you take it to heart and fix it. Because honestly? After all this rant I think it got potential... but this issues must be addressed and I mean ASAP.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

What this gamemode remind you of?:

...Autumn Assault...

to be fair orbit was very upfront that both of the new seasonal events were made using riot code

nice feedback altogether tho, very to the point

• Thanks 1

"Legging it across map (Boring. Boring. BOOOORING. Stray cars on the street. Too much to ask? Why even put OSMAW or LMGs, if you don't plan to put in usable vehicles?)"

I've mentioned loosely before that using the whole Financial map is probably a bad idea if you want some consistent action. I think a good chunk of the district should already start off as off limits, in order to reduce the actual play area

• Like 1

maybe if UE3.5 comes out and we actually get population, it can get better

Edited by Keshi

You forgot one major point, at least for NA: there isn't enough people interested to even start a round. It only happens at certain times of the day and night, times that I'm not around. It's basically impossible for me to get the skin, and soon it'll be impossible for everyone on NA to get it just because no one will be playing it. I want to try for the skin, but it's just too dead. I mean, look at the current population of the RIOT district here(Unknown is RIOT districts.) I admit, it's midday on a Monday for NA players, but this is some of the only time I've got to play. I'm screwed until I hit a hot time, and even then there's about 4 rounds and it dies again. 

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Crashes (the weaker the PC, the bigger the chance - users of low-end and medium-end PCs be aware).

In my laptop i cant not even play RIOT  it crashes while connecting.

Idk how this gamemode is so buggy

55 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

"Legging it across map (Boring. Boring. BOOOORING. Stray cars on the street. Too much to ask? Why even put OSMAW or LMGs, if you don't plan to put in usable vehicles?)"

I've mentioned loosely before that using the whole Financial map is probably a bad idea if you want some consistent action. I think a good chunk of the district should already start off as off limits, in order to reduce the actual play area

approximately half the map starts off toxic every match (iirc it rotates through he cardinal directions) and the maps still feel too large 

1 hour ago, RCooper said:

>rushed

>unfinished

>designed in a game not meant for it

>not well thought out

>disregarded all community suggestions

>disregarded that community didnt want it

>was focused on instead of engine

>focused on making some dumb lore website thingy relating to it than the actual mode itself

Anyone got anything else to add? Thats just off the top of my head

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even a br event inside a normal district would make more sense, then you die and you can go back to playing missions. I think I am not the only one who prefers events in the district rather than separate districts for each of the things, maybe hardware can't handle it idk ><

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

>rushed

>unfinished

>designed in a game not meant for it

>not well thought out

>disregarded all community suggestions

>disregarded that community didnt want it

>was focused on instead of engine

>focused on making some dumb lore website thingy relating to it than the actual mode itself

Anyone got anything else to add? Thats just off the top of my head

the arg was cool though

Also dont forget the riot pass they wanna put xd

9 hours ago, PrincessMimi said:

Even a br event inside a normal district would make more sense, then you die and you can go back to playing missions. I think I am not the only one who prefers events in the district rather than separate districts for each of the things, maybe hardware can't handle it idk ><

i would prefer it all in /d at all times so it feels like an actual part of what is happening in game right now. I dont think ill be playing Riot again. It quickly got boring and felt very very empty.

Edited by Seedy

IN MY OPINION. 
Match start time should be 15 seconds.
There should be only ONE respawn.
There should be NO teams or groups of 2,3,4 Everyone should be solo.
There should be atleast  a 15 JT reward for ending every match doesnt matter if you die on the start.
They should ban macro users.
Trust me this will make RIOT a masterpiece.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

it's like I can see the future its so obvious disappointing nor has anything to actually continue playing that mode.

should had just expanded on fight club and joker store that will keep em playing to farm JTs ( which is realistic IMO)

or do something to keep people wanted to play mission with new rewards etc etc..

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Glaciers said:

to be fair orbit was very upfront that both of the new seasonal events were made using riot code

That explains why it felt like AA...

13 hours ago, Keshi said:

maybe if UE3.5 comes out and we actually get population, it can get better

IF <-

I start to distrust LO honestly on that one. This looks very similiar.

13 hours ago, IROCkiller said:

You forgot one major point, at least for NA: there isn't enough people interested to even start a round. It only happens at certain times of the day and night, times that I'm not around. It's basically impossible for me to get the skin, and soon it'll be impossible for everyone on NA to get it just because no one will be playing it. I want to try for the skin, but it's just too dead. I mean, look at the current population of the RIOT district here(Unknown is RIOT districts.) I admit, it's midday on a Monday for NA players, but this is some of the only time I've got to play. I'm screwed until I hit a hot time, and even then there's about 4 rounds and it dies again. 

I feel sorry for you NA players.

Not like we saw it coming though.

Population won't come back after leaving, just to play dubious BR (and most likely all people who left us in past, don't bother to look APB up at all)

13 hours ago, RCooper said:

In my laptop i cant not even play RIOT  it crashes while connecting.

I tested it on 2 laptops and 2 stationary PCs. Stationary PCs are generally way more stable. Laptops for some reason are more likely to crash (probably something with power limits (if you turn off power limits etc. your laptop still uses at best 80% of stationary power due to fact that laptop would overheat badly at bigger power.)).

13 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

RIOT just gives me an idea of how 'good' LO can handle APB.

Even ignoring RIOT. Just look at this blatant population. Just look at it. 

1 hour ago, WaIeed007 said:

IN MY OPINION. 
Match start time should be 15 seconds.
There should be NO teams or groups of 2,3,4 Everyone should be solo.
There should be atleast  a 15 JT reward for ending every match doesnt matter if you die on the start.
They should ban macro users. (Well it's bannable offense by ToS already but one thing is saying it's no-no and second is enforcing that rule ~ Mitne)
Trust me this will make RIOT a masterpiece.

That's all proper suggestions. Some I covered.

12 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

it's like I can see the future its so obvious disappointing nor has anything to actually continue playing that mode.

should had just expanded on fight club and joker store that will keep em playing to farm JTs ( which is realistic IMO)

or do something to keep people wanted to play mission with new rewards etc etc..

It's hard to not see future when everything goes so predictable - you spend years in this community and you see this shit on total repeat.

Yep. Fight club expansion would make more sense. RIOT actually should've been incorporated into FC (instead of replacing FC with RIOT). BR in Asylum with RIOT devices and huge teams would be more fun.

Random rewards instead of fixed ones. Do some pool of random items or JTs. And if I get one more consumable mail I'm gonna explode. I got 200 pages of mail of consumables! 200 PAGES!

I agree so much with the "solo" part, since battle royals always meant to be solo in first place, squad or duo systems came after that, and only are options to the original solo mode. Apb main purpose is missions and it's always TEAMPLAY based as hell, and some players only play solo and would be glad to have mode other than fight club to have a solo experience.

Edited by Takotak

Hazmat suit is a meme fix pls

Would be also good to maybe equip only the gas mask in order to preserve most of char customization

lmao i still haven't tried it.

partly because i do not want to / do not have the mood to play

and when i do, no one was in jericho (because i live in sea and timezones exist, on top of the already low population of jericho)

I just find it sad that so much time and work went into this, just to make it a battle royale while saying it's not a battle royale, completed by not listening to OTW feedback at all.

I think this game mode would have worked out well if it was built up like action districts with RIOT-related missions in that "new" financial with regular mission rulesets (eg. 2-4 players per team, stages).

But noo, we're gonna desperately try to cash in on the battle royale hype.

F

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WaIeed007 said:

I don't like how the first respawn is pretty much on the house - I think you should earn the ability to respawn at all

Oh btw. I'm gonna add few new complaints and fix to my complaint after playing today:

What is wrong with RIOT:

Bribing stage. You killed every enemy team? TOUGH LUCK. This who bribed most auto-win! (The fuck was this shit? I won for FIRST time since 3 days. But game said I didn't. Why? Because they bribed driver HIGHER. How does it even make sense?! Corpses gonna drive out from zone?! And who gonna carry them?! Team which lost?! Lore-wise, function-wise and fairness-wise this is idiotic as hell.)

16 people TO START (Yeah, good luck keeping this gamemode alive after month. FC dies because there are only 2-3 people always missing to start it and you want to keep regulars at RIOT? Ha. Good joke. Quick glance at will.io/apb and they will resign.)

Three easy achievements and one impossible (You all though wins gonna be easy to achieve, right? Ten fucking wins. Are you mad? And all of it JUST for 100 JTs.) ~ (Sidenote: I'm gonna farm this achievement so badly by rigging RIOT and I dare you to ban me. Credibility is lost. I see people rigging up this thing already for wins. Congratulations.)

Clarification to one of complaints:

Bribing at the end (Excuse me... why we even collect that cash... if "bribing" means bribing with non-existent cash in king-of-the-hill style? - encourage camping at finale zone as well) - after investigating it longer, it turns out bribes come from team account.

Honestly an original battle royal mode with a circle of gas or storm whatever it is would be better than this weird mode we have to get used to at the start. Remove the bribe truck at the end and add payloads that spawns around the map for powerful weapons such as rocket launchers and grenade launchers etc. Also make it so people cannot buy their primary weapon but only ammo in this mode because they could have grenade/rocket launchers already. I like this mode but still need some improvements and it's GG!😄

Edited by moxxichixx