Advanced Personal Feedback about RIOT Beta

Hey, hello and welcome to my personal feedback about RIOT Beta.

Colors meaning:

GREEN > POSITIVE

RED > NEGATIVE (RIOT and Beta texts not included)

YELLOW > INTERESTING

Since the announcement and all leaks about a new APB permanent mode i was so much interested and excited, because finally i was able to have fun again with my main character, i am not the type of person who like Fight Club, this is why all the times i logged in was just for joining Social or other districts, having fun, jumping around, chatting with my clan mates and friends.

I've learned a lot since Stress Tests and now i have the opportunity to share my thoughts.

The mode itself is fun, unique, different from any other BR's out there, there are issues, there are unbalanced things, and more.

Let's give Little Orbit a bit of trust, patience, each game have different aspects and their difficulties, this company alredy done an incredible work.

With the right time i am more than sure that they are going to release a complete version of it which i can't wait for and this last will be absolutely amazing.

Things i wish to see

1. Can play solo or group up as 2 and 4 players;

2. Auto kick from the RIOT instance after 3/4 minutes of being AFK (became annoying to watching AFK team mates);

3. Self activation for lasts 2/3 RIOT Devices if not made by the player (players camping avoiding the truck to spawn);

4. Possibility to unlock granades (without resupply them if in match);

5. Possibility to drive your own vehicles when in lobby, before the RIOT match starts;

6. Possibility to find abandoned vehicles around with random damage and use them to run away from the green gas (for example) + all characters into that vehicle will in anyway take damage if in contaminated zones;

7. Possibility to join friends when they are in a RIOT lobby not yet started;

8. Possibility to see how many kills / assists you made (before the end of the match);

9. Possibility to see safe and green zones also on the radar;

10. Can find blowtorches around to repair an abandoned vehicle and try to keep going with it (limited and random avaiability of that to be used, temporarly, after that your character will drop it, like for giftbox guns when you are out of ammo and you drop them, disappear);

11. More variety and type of destroyed objects around;

12. Better and different UI style;

13. Special events happening on the district during the match.

Things i don't want

1. Can unlock your own primary and secondary (since i've started playing RIOT, never taken my own ones, just to have a bit more fun playing around in different styles and tactics).

Bugs, Glitches, Crashes and things to be adjusted

1. Sometimes you don't see RIOT Tutorial Video when loading into the district but the default one APB uses or it ends early and you see a building loading with assets > https://imgur.com/a/JjDZQlX

2. You often spawn to much far away from the safe zone and you can't stay alive because when the hazmat suit goes off you can't use it for 60 seconds;

3. You can't join your friends during a RIOT lobby not yet started, you will get disconnected like the instance goes offline;

4. Sometimes the game crashes completely when starting to load into RIOT and you need to wait because it needs to verify all game files > https://imgur.com/a/xbTcIK3

5. Hazmat suit not usable for 60 seconds, to much (explained above in the 2nd point);

6. Sometimes you respawn behind a player not in your team or vice versa ( you see a player that spawn in your same location);

7. Icons for orange and yellow character modifications not always being displayed correctly (often invisible) > Ag8KIcB.png

8. Sometimes happens that after i respawn and i move away from the point where i was before, see my own name marker with group arrows included (that also happen during normal missions, but more rarely) > https://imgur.com/a/Rfa7vSv

9. Able to activate a RIOT Device when not close to it > https://imgur.com/a/S2V1NzE

10. Some weapons spawn locations are glitched / broken > https://imgur.com/a/6tcMfU0

11. Floating, extreme low quality, missing and badly placed objects > https://imgur.com/a/dvcAneA

12. Floating and badly placed vehicles > https://imgur.com/a/qVMIlwN

13. Terrain geometry issues (that happens also on all others districts) > https://imgur.com/a/eMO2MES (fixed, thanks to Roxl)

14. Lack of number and variety of weapons to be found in the map;

15. Enemy nicknames not always being displayed on your screen;

16. Make the match to start within 60 seconds instead of 3 minutes;

17. Noted those huge and small satellite's together concrete separators, are them MidTown objects? > https://imgur.com/a/NWLnZlR

18. Macchina Calabria Cabrio? > https://imgur.com/a/cFth4yK

After that pretty long list i've decided to not end my topic but wanted to talk about the last point, why is there only 1 burned Calabria Cabrio around?

Since this morning i've been running around an empty RIOT instance, crossed all streets, everything for 3 times, and there is literally only 1 Calabria Cabrio.

Options for this are:

1. Who placed down all vehicles and objects made an error putting a burned Calabria Cabrio;

2. Little Orbit wanted to see who was that crazy to check all burned vechiels, 1 by 1 and wait for their reactions;

3. Little Orbit is trying to let us speculate and talking about it? (maybe a kit for the calabria or the entire cabrio model included all new sounds and stuff like that on the ARMAS).

I don't know but if that means something i really hope the Cabrio model/kit will be present in San Paro (maybe in a near future, who knows).

Going forward and reaching the end, i need to say that i really like RIOT, i know it's still in Beta and this is why Little Orbit need more feedback than ever from us, because in that way, can be only better.

Of course im going to share my own feedback when a complete version will come out.

I was also able to know many more fun and new players, it's fun playing it, a different style to feel APB.

While an Official Feedback Thread is not yet opened i felt to do my own one, be sure to comment below what you think about RIOT Beta, your impressions, opinions and thoughts.

I do appreciate so much Little orbit because they are really trying to make this game great and fun again.

I will see you in the streets of San Paro, enjoy!

Good luck Little Orbit 😉

Stay Strong, Stay Together!

by

Alisha

Edited by Guest

Damn really advanced feedback

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

13. Rendering issues (that happens also on all other district) > https://imgur.com/a/eMO2MES

While I've not much input on the topic of the RIOT mode, I just wanted to say that the example image given for number 13. isn't really a rendering issue.

It is just how the map geometry and terrain was created during the games development under Realtime Worlds (RTW).

That's not to say it shouldn't be fixed up at some point. Only that the image example isn't a rendering problem.

55 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

it melted my brain a bit but i managed to read it all tho

Very  good feedback 👍

It would be cool too when they could set down the time to use this hazman suit from 60sec to maybe 40sec or 30sec otherwise it's impossible to survive when u get spawned 400meters away in gas from the safe zone

Another thing that happened to me was: i was delivering the money at the truck in final stage and picked up this yellow hazman suit box and got instant damage but there was no gas around, i was forced to activate this suit (that i don't die) but after the suit disappeard i got this damage again and died and my mates were not happy about it 😕

Next thing is, when i get asked to buy my secondary or primary weapon and press "no" that i have to wait a couple minutes until i get this questions again. so it would be great if this can be a perm feature to buy or activate your own weapons and not wait the whole time to get this questions again and again

The spawns are still terrible

ps.: my english is and grammar is bad, im sorry for that 😐

15 minutes ago, Keshi said:

real warrior

you forgot to say when u trying to join riot and it crahes u have to waith 13k files checking every time and this is ugly 🙂

1 hour ago, wHisHi said:

of course 🙂

1 hour ago, Keijinnn said:

Nice

Thank you very much ^^

51 minutes ago, Roxl said:

While I've not much input on the topic of the RIOT mode, I just wanted to say that the example image given for number 13. isn't really a rendering issue.

It is just how the map geometry and terrain was created during the games development under Realtime Worlds (RTW).

That's not to say it shouldn't be fixed up at some point. Only that the image example isn't a rendering problem.

Fixed, yes, i meant your same thing but  wasn't remembering how it was called.

49 minutes ago, Keshi said:

Hahahaha 😂, fixed

38 minutes ago, Hausman said:

Very  good feedback 👍

It would be cool too when they could set down the time to use this hazman suit from 60sec to maybe 40sec or 30sec otherwise it's impossible to survive when u get spawned 400meters away in gas from the safe zone

Another thing that happened to me was: i was delivering the money at the truck in final stage and picked up this yellow hazman suit box and got instant damage but there was no gas around, i was forced to activate this suit (that i don't die) but after the suit disappeard i got this damage again and died and my mates were not happy about it 😕

Next thing is, when i get asked to buy my secondary or primary weapon and press "no" that i have to wait a couple minutes until i get this questions again. so it would be great if this can be a perm feature to buy or activate your own weapons and not wait the whole time to get this questions again and again

The spawns are still terrible

ps.: my english is and grammar is bad, im sorry for that 😐

Thank you very much!

I do also agree with things you've wrote.

24 minutes ago, EngRamx said:

you forgot to say when u trying to join riot and it crahes u have to waith 13k files checking every time and this is ugly 🙂

Fixed the point ^^

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

of course 🙂

Thank you very much ^^

Fixed, yes, i meant your same thing but  wasn't remembering how it was called.

Hahahaha 😂

Thank you very much!

I do also agree with things you've wrote.

Fixed the point ^^

No, for real, its very good that you are sharing your thoughts, that is valuable to LO, good job!

24 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

No, for real, its very good that you are sharing your thoughts, that is valuable to LO, good job!

Thank you very much, i really appreciate your words.

I feel motivated to do these things, you know, without a community, without the feedback from us, a game can't be better, can't be unique, can't reach a point, at least in the same way.

I am the type of person who love to share thoughts, because this is how it works, want your favorite/dream game to become really impressive and great? You can help, always.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

Hey, hello and welcome to my personal feedback about RIOT Beta (as title says).

Colors meaning:

GREEN > POSITIVE

RED > NEGATIVE (RIOT and Beta texts not included)

YELLOW > INTERESTING

Since the announcement and all leaks about a new APB permanent mode i was so much interested and excited, because finally i was able to have fun again with my main character, i am not the type of person who like FC, this is why all the times i logged in was just for joining Social or other districts, having fun, jumping around, chatting with my clan mates and friends.

When the Stress Tests came out on the OTW build of the game and i joined them was a bit difficult for me to learn, because it wasn't a normal new mode or a new type of mission but something entirely different and fresh.

I've learned a lot of it since those days and fortunately now i have the opportunity to share my opinions and thoughts.

I have never understood why so many APB players don't like this mode but for me it's fun, unique, different from any other BR's out there, there are issues, there are crashes, there are unbalanced things, and much more, i will list all of them under here later on.

I can understand the frustation and all the time we waiting for the Engine Upgrade but give Little Orbit a bit of trust, patience, a game have tons of different aspects and they alredy done an incredible work behind the scenes.

(Im not here to write the classic fan letter or whatever you think, i do also wish them to fix, balance and adjust many things, and i feel frustated and annoyed when i discover new stuff broken).

With the right time i am more than sure that they are going to release a complete version of this mode which i can't wait for and this last will be absolutely amazing.

We waiting since 2014/15 for the Engine Upgrade, we can wait obviously more for that, later is better than never.

Things i would be happy to see into RIOT

1. Possibility to unlock granades (without resupply them if in match);

2. Possibility to drive your own vehicles when in lobby, before the RIOT match starts;

3. Possibility to find abandoned vehicles around with random damage and use them to run away from the green gas (for example);

4. Possibility to join friends when they are in a RIOT lobby not yet started;

5. Possibility to see how many kills / assists you made (before the end of the match);

6. Better and different UI style;

7. Possibility to see safe and green zones also on the radar;

8. Can find blowtorches around to repair an abandoned vehicle and try to keep going with it (limited and random avaiability of that to be used, temporarly, after that your character will drop it, like for giftbox guns when you are out of ammo and you drop them, disappear).

Things i don't want into RIOT

1. Can unlock your own primary and secondary (since i've started playing RIOT, never taken my own ones, just to have a bit more fun playing around in different styles and tactics).

RIOT Crashes, Issues, Bugs, Glitches and things to be adjusted (probably more)

1. Sometimes you don't see RIOT Tutorial Video when loading into the district but the default one APB uses > https://imgur.com/a/JjDZQlX

2. You often spawn to much far away from the safe zone and you can't stay alive because when the hazmat suit goes off you can't use it for 60 seconds;

3. You can't join your friends during a RIOT lobby not yet started, you will get disconnected like the instance goes offline;

4. Rarely (happened to me) the game crashes completely when starting to load into RIOT and every single time you need to wait because the game need to verify all game files;

5. Hazmat suit not usable for 60 seconds, to much (explained above in the 2nd point);

6. Sometimes you respawn behind a player not in your team or vice versa ( you see a player that spawn in your same location);

7. Icons for orange and yellow character modifications not always being displayed correctly (often invisible) > Ag8KIcB.png

8. Sometimes happens that after i respawn and i move away from the point where i was before, see my own name marker with group arrows included (that also happen during normal missions, much rarely) > https://imgur.com/a/Rfa7vSv

9. Able to activate a RIOT Device when not close to it > https://imgur.com/a/S2V1NzE

10. Some weapons spawn locations are glitched / broken > https://imgur.com/a/6tcMfU0

11. Floating, extreme low quality, missing and badly placed objects > https://imgur.com/a/dvcAneA

12. Floating and badly placed vehicles > https://imgur.com/a/qVMIlwN

13. Terrain geometry issues (that happens also on all other district) > https://imgur.com/a/eMO2MES (fixed, thanks to Roxl)

14. Noted those huge and small satellite's together concrete separators, are them MidTown objects? > https://imgur.com/a/NWLnZlR

15. Macchina Calabria Cabrio? > https://imgur.com/a/cFth4yK

After that pretty long list i've decided to not end my topic here but i wanted to talk about the last point, why is there only 1 burned model of the Calabria Cabrio around?

No lies, since this morning at 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM i was running into an empty Financial - RIOT instance, i've crossed all streets, small places, everything for 3 times, and there is literally only 1 model of this Calabria.

Let's say that i've missed another one but it's very difficult because like i said i've visited the entire district more than 2 times.

Options for this are:

1. Who placed down all vehicles and objects made an error putting a burned Calabria Cabrio;

2. Little Orbit wanted to see who was that crazy to check all burned vechiels, 1 by 1 and wait for their reactions;

3. Little Orbit is trying to let us speculate and talking about it? (maybe a kit for the calabria or the entire cabrio model included all new sounds and stuff like that on the ARMAS).

I don't really know but if that means something i really hope the Calabria Cabrio will be present in San Paro (maybe in a near future, who knows).

It could be also a bug but i wish this to be a real thing.

Going forward and reaching the end, i need to say that i really like RIOT, i know it's still in Beta stage and this is why Little Orbit need more feedback than ever from us, from the community itself, because in that way, can be only better.

Of course im going to share my own feedback when a complete version will hit the LIVE Servers.

Different way to play APB, having so much fun playing it, i was also able to know many more fun and new players.

While an Official Feedback Thread is not yet opened i felt to open my own one, be sure to comment below what you think about RIOT Beta, your impressions, opinions and thoughts.

I do appreciate so much Little orbit because they are really trying to make this game great and fun again.

I will see you in the streets of San Paro! 🤗

Wish to all of you a beautiful day and week.

Good luck Little Orbit. ❤️

Stay Strong, Stay Together!

by

Alisha

PS 1# My english is terrible, sorry :3

PS 2# I have for sure missed few points but you can obviously share them below

Thank you verry much for your work on your feedback about RIOT and sharing it with us. I hope we all can brin RIOT to life together. I like RIOT too and hope it wont die.

Edited by SpeedyCat

My perception of RIOT is bit different than "LO". Group of 4 vs all ~ doesn't look like riot ~.~ .... 50 v 50 ( enfo vs crims ) dats a riot. 

7 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:

Thank you verry much for your work on your feedback about RIOT and sharing it with us. I hope we all can brin RIOT to life together. I like RIOT too and hope it wont die.

This is why i love to share what i think and my love about things, because we can create beautiful experiences, discussions and talk about them.

Thanks for your words, means a lot for me.

If i care about a thing, i always try to go and do best as possible i can.

I hope it will go forward in the future and not die, im having so much fun.

4 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

My perception of RIOT is bit different than "LO". Group of 4 vs all ~ doesn't look like riot ~.~ .... 50 v 50 ( enfo vs crims ) dats a riot. 

Well, thank you for your point of view, maybe in the future LO will bring to RIOT different ways to play, how you prefer.

I always appreciate others thoughts.

Wanted to make something like this, was too lazy tho. Good job.

Also, sometimes when play solo, you start with AFK person and even after your whole squad dies you notice AFK person never get kicked, so you have to wait to get final reward.

Sometimes teams in different sectors guard riot devices instead of activating it, making progress of the match stop leaving more than 1 final area wich prevents van from spawn. I'd say set self activation if 3-2 devices left and not being actived for a while.

Also has anyone noticed there's guns with redhill skins LO never talked about?

Also kinda circuit skins i've never seen.

Edited by Soundwave2142
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Soundwave2142 said:

Wanted to make something like this, was too lazy tho. Good job.

Also, sometimes when play solo, you start with AFK person and even after your whole squad dies you notice AFK person never get kicked, so you have to wait to get final reward.

Sometimes teams in different sectors guard riot devices instead of activating it, making progress of the match stop leaving more than 1 final area wich prevents van from spawn. I'd say set self activation if 3-2 devices left and not being actived for a while.

Also has anyone noticed there's guns with redhill skins LO never talked about?

Also kinda circuit skins i've never seen.

I am also a bit lazy, but cannot resist every single time i think to APB.

I need to be honest, i need to let everyone know, especially LO about what i think.

Been always my favorite game, and still is, after so many years.

Also revisited and fixed my topic, added some points and corrected my terrible english.

Agree with you about AFK players and with self-activating RIOT Devices.

About rdhill skins i don't know.

..., i cant withstand to share my idea that currently come to my mind....

Possibly it would be nice if we had some Calabrios that spawned randomly through the entire map with little damage on it and that they can be usesd to travel faster through the contaminated gas zones, but with the thing that the gas damage still hits you and the passangers while driving. That should prevent players to abuse the cars for camping in gas zones.

Sorry for my horrible english, i am on my phone... lol.

Any other idea? What you think?

35 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:

..., i cant withstand to share my idea that currently come to my mind....

Possibly it would be nice if we had some Calabrios that spawned randomly through the entire map with little damage on it and that they can be usesd to travel faster through the contaminated gas zones, but with the thing that the gas damage still hits you and the passangers while driving. That should prevent players to abuse the cars for camping in gas zones.

Sorry for my horrible english, i am on my phone... lol.

Any other idea? What you think?

Why not? freaking cool honestly!

Added to my list ^^

2 hours ago, EngRamx said:

omg now i see it too, and im wondering why my game crashes most time 😂

4 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Possibility to unlock granades (without resupply them if in match);

I'd be okay with this if it were a legendary spawn, but I really think the lack of grenades makes it more fun.

Biggest problem for me at moment are this stupid crashes all the time 

After the 10th crash today i stopped to count and it fucks me up really hard.  🤬
That's not how i wanted to enjoy a beta BR Mode in apb (+this fuckin stupid +13k files everytime at the beginning of start the game ) 😡

2 hours ago, Hausman said:

omg now i see it too, and im wondering why my game crashes most time 😂

Can happen during a Beta, shouldn't but can happen.

2 hours ago, claude said:

I'd be okay with this if it were a legendary spawn, but I really think the lack of grenades makes it more fun.

Of course, no granades means more shooting and tactics, but i don't know, anyway, thanks for your thoughts! ^^

25 minutes ago, Hausman said:

Biggest problem for me at moment are this stupid crashes all the time 

After the 10th crash today i stopped to count and it fucks me up really hard.  🤬
That's not how i wanted to enjoy a beta BR Mode in apb (+this fuckin stupid +13k files everytime at the beginning of start the game ) 😡

Dang, sorry to hear that, i hope they will fix that soon 😕

Thanks you too for sharing your thoughts! 🙂

It is nice to see such a long and well thought out response so much nicer than the usually "lel riot sucks we didnt want it LO!" and you're so right this is the beta - we shouldn't be calling for blood over the very much explained unfinished version of the mode. 

I'd love to add more critique but you've covered what I've seen already and I haven't played enough to add any more which is my biggest complaint - it is very hard to get a match going due to lack of players and the overly large player amount required, also so many timers. 3 minutes to wait before starting when we finally have the required amount? I saw people drop out during that wait time. Compared to the faster paced Mission and even faster Fight Club. Getting RIOT matches going and keeping them going feels clunky and disjointed. We load a new map after every match and those taken out early have to wait so so long while the current match resolves itself. I found myself quitting just because there just wasn't enough action to make it worth it. 

And I completely agree with the spawn and hazmat suit issue. Out of the handful of RIOT matches I've play in all but one resulted in my dying in a gas cloud because I spawned too far away from a Safety Zone to get there before my suit and hp ran out. 

1 minute ago, KnifuWaifu said:

and you're so right this is the beta - we shouldn't be calling for blood over the very much explained unfinished version of the mode

this isn’t beta riot

this is public otw test riot 

idk about anyone else but that’s a major reason i’m salty about riot, probably 50% of op’s issues/suggestions were identified and discussed during the public otw testing and yet here they are in the “beta” live version 

15 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

It is nice to see such a long and well thought out response so much nicer than the usually "lel riot sucks we didnt want it LO!" and you're so right this is the beta - we shouldn't be calling for blood over the very much explained unfinished version of the mode. 

I'd love to add more critique but you've covered what I've seen already and I haven't played enough to add any more which is my biggest complaint - it is very hard to get a match going due to lack of players and the overly large player amount required, also so many timers. 3 minutes to wait before starting when we finally have the required amount? I saw people drop out during that wait time. Compared to the faster paced Mission and even faster Fight Club. Getting RIOT matches going and keeping them going feels clunky and disjointed. We load a new map after every match and those taken out early have to wait so so long while the current match resolves itself. I found myself quitting just because there just wasn't enough action to make it worth it. 

And I completely agree with the spawn and hazmat suit issue. Out of the handful of RIOT matches I've play in all but one resulted in my dying in a gas cloud because I spawned too far away from a Safety Zone to get there before my suit and hp ran out. 

Of course we shouldn't be calling it like that, won't be legit honestly. We've been waiting since years for the EU and then we need to throw sh*t to a new Beta mode? I don't think so.

Happy that i've covered pretty much everything, like i said above something could be missing but everyone is absolutely allowed and free to post a comment like you did about their opinions and which isn't there alredy or what they think about my own.

Yeah, it's a bit slow the end of the mode, i hope in the next patches we will be able to see improvements.

Exactly, the thing about respawning far away is frustating.

Well, thank you ^^

15 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

this isn’t beta riot

this is public otw test riot 

idk about anyone else but that’s a major reason i’m salty about riot, probably 50% of op’s issues/suggestions were identified and discussed during the public otw testing and yet here they are in the “beta” live version 

I do understand what you have explained and maybe yes, some things could have been handled better than how are now but you need to remember that nobody is perfect, we just need to give them a bit of trust.

In anyway i appreciate your effort in commenting what you think, thanks 🙂