Sign in to follow this  
Bishada8800

Rewards for playing RIOT?

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

A sense of disappointment and failure.

is more than enough reward.

Funny thing is that this new mode is to bring new players to the game, but there's no rewards by playing it, they still have to play standard missions in order to progress, it kinda makes no sense.

• Like 1

i think there are joker ticket daily activities once you get the riot contact to level 5 

1 hour ago, Bishada8800 said:

Title. Are there any rewards for playing RIOT (besides one weapon skin)?

as far as I can tell you can earn tons of JT's by playing and they added a ton of new stuff to the JT store so.

13 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

as far as I can tell you can earn tons of JT's by playing and they added a ton of new stuff to the JT store so.

How? Do i need to max the contact before i can start earning JTs...? And how much JTs are we talking about in addition to the daily missions you get from regular action districts and fight clubs?

35 minutes ago, Bishada8800 said:

How? Do i need to max the contact before i can start earning JTs...? And how much JTs are we talking about in addition to the daily missions you get from regular action districts and fight clubs?

You just play Riot mode and earn cash and you level up your Riot Role and earn JT for it.  I remember readin earlier its just instant reward, press J and check your current JT Amount

I love people saying "tons of jt" while you get 50 jt for every riot role level and 30 jt for every contract level, both max 5 lvl, making it 400 jt in totall and thats it. You can get the same amount weekly just playing docks fc. Lol

Edited by Soundwave2142

3 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

2 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

You just play Riot mode and earn cash and you level up your Riot Role and earn JT for it.  I remember readin earlier its just instant reward, press J and check your current JT Amount

You can play only if 16 ppl decide to join Riot, which ppl arent doing so the modes already abandoned. So no, you cant earn JT or the weapon skin

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

You can play only if 16 ppl decide to join Riot, which ppl arent doing so the modes already abandoned. So no, you cant earn JT or the weapon skin

Speak for NA server

Here in EU, played whole day and didn't even need to wait more than 3 minutes for a game to start

That's mere 500jt and I guess another 500jt total for all achievements

15 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yeah, considering Joker has terribly low pop already and also the fact that its Fathers Day today and most people are with their families, itll be harder.

Merged.

11 minutes ago, Soundwave2142 said:

Speak for NA server

Here in EU, played whole day and didn't even need to wait more than 3 minutes for a game to start

^^ This is true, I regularly see 2 full servers for silver dists and 3 full bronzes on eu whenever I check their servers pop while Joker or Jericho w/e the fuck its called now, can barely maintain a single full silver district on an extremely good day

I did and I can confirm that it does *not* increase from picking up cash, killing an opponent, triggering one of them gas things or even being on the winning team when the riot ended. Maybe it will give you some JTs when your standing with the contact is increased a level (but it seem to max out at 5). Maybe it will also open up a daily mission once it max out (contact is only level 1 so far so I can't test that).

12 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Just wait until an on-going RIOT ends and the empty server will fill up almost instantly, triggering the count-down. Had no issues getting RIOT started whole day, at least on the EU server. 

13 minutes ago, Soundwave2142 said:

Speak for NA server

This is my experience as well.

30 minutes ago, Soundwave2142 said:

I love people saying "tons of jt" while you get 50 jt for every riot role level and 30 jt for every contract level, both max 5 lvl, making it 400 jt in totall and thats it. You can get the same amount weekly just playing docks fc. Lol

8 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

That's mere 500jt and I guess another 500jt total for all achievements

I forgot to check RIOT specific achievements and RIOT specific roles. Thanks both of you.

They were also gonna do RIOT tokens and seasonal rewards that you can buy with those. Bear in mind, this is the beta of the gamemode and not the full release so of course there aren't the rewards that you'd get for playing during a season yet.

Currently the reward is getting to try and influence it early (read: being a more or less unrewarded tester)

Edited by neophobia

Oh, this is a beta preview of the game mode...??

I thought the beta of the gamemode was tested out on the OTW (or whatever they call the test-server now days) and that this would be the final release?

...also, yet another currency?? like it isn't enough with APB$, JTs and G1C (or whatever they are called now when LO own the game).

Edited by Bishada8800

7 minutes ago, Bishada8800 said:

I thought the beta of the gamemode was tested out on the OTW (or whatever they call the test-server now days) and that this would be the final release?

...also, yet another currency?? like it isn't enough with APB$, JTs and G1C (or whatever they are called now when LO own the game).

there were 2 public otw tests and not much has changed at all from those to the current riot “beta” 

g1c is still g1c because gamersfirst still exists

oh and we’ll be getting another version of premium too hurray

ah, we are also getting a ton of consumable selectors in the mail (you get to select between all them ammo boxes, ballistic shields, charges etc)

1 hour ago, Soundwave2142 said:

There's also the achievements you would earn by getting the contact up to 5 - 4 achievements 100 JT each so you make around 800-900 overall

2 hours ago, Bishada8800 said:

ye, it's just the beta

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/5/31/fun-fair-fixed

i mean... they are all used for very different purposes (and only jt and dollars are used ingame)... and if they just used, say, JTs, the people collecting them for ages could just straight up buy all the rewards... and had less of an incentive to play the new gamemode

idk 3 currencies doesnt sound bad either... almost every other mmo has a way bigger amount of arbitary stuff... i mean just look at warframe, wow, destiny, gw2... the latter basically have own tokens for each map.

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

idk 3 currencies doesnt sound bad either... almost every other mmo has a way bigger amount of arbitary stuff... i mean just look at warframe, wow, destiny, gw2... the latter basically have own tokens for each map.

i see gw2, i like

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

all those games suck tho

2 hours ago, neophobia said:

....i mean just look at warframe, wow, destiny, gw2... the latter basically have own tokens for each map.

Doesn't mean it is a good game mechanic 😉

4 hours ago, Bishada8800 said:

except for, it is. incentivizing to engage with said content, but I get that people wanna have a „choice“

7 hours ago, largeAPBgamer said:

all those games suck tho

okay, fortnite has... sorry, no clue. but that's probably what's a good game to you. or what about fifa? jk, what qualifies as a good game to you?

especially one where you trade with npcs and that brings out new content once in a while?

borderlands 2 used various different currencies too, minimum 3 in basegame (dollars, golden keys, iridium) + a few in dlcs. but probably that sucks to you too?

pubg has 2? different kinds of tickets, some currency to get treasures... and that's arbitary af

with this kind of system, i'd get if you criticized that but... yeah, not even close.

5 hours ago, Bishada8800 said:

yes it doesn't mean that - but it means that you can cut them some slack.

there's probably no (much?) better way to make people actually play it at first (and hopefully the gamemode is engaging enough to make people want to play it longer... because in the long run, who wants to grind a gamemode for currency... oh wait, fc :^) jk)

and... it's the same irl even, in an arcade you get tokens/tickets - instead of just being able to buy their prizes, to actually make you play the games (well okay, to lose a portion of your money... this shouldn't be the case here... so bad comparison xd)

idk fam. i feel like this is a fair enough move.

let's see if they even implement it like that, that's just what was said to be the concept some time ago. (iirc)

Edited by neophobia

Sign in to follow this