Vante

Deleting Fight Club

Hello.

To be honest, I haven't been updated on this topic for a while, so I'm not 100% sure if these plans have been changed.

But back in June 2018, @MattScott announced that Fight Club would eventually be replaced by a new mode called "Riot", and possibly removed.

June 29, Matt said: "Spoiler: I am going to get rid of Fight Club and Open Conflict[...] FC will stay in until we fully release the new mode, and we see a significant drop off in FC players."

On June 30, he explained a bit more and said that there will be a new mode called "Riot" will be added to the game and eventually maybe replace OC and Fight Club
"Internally the new mode is being called "Riot". It will go to OTW long before we add it to production, and we can run it as a replacement to Open Conflict. ".

Here he also explained that he was a bit unclear in the post from June 29th.

And almost a year later, we got the new mode, Riot. So... what are the plans for Fight Club? 

For me, Fight Club is one of the reasons I still play APB, and I see no point in removing it entirely. Though I can totally say that Fight Club is far from perfect, and has never been perfect. It needs a lot of changes and fixes, such as those disgusting spawns in Baylan, and boring mission objectives in Asylum.

What do the community think about this? And how can they make FC better?

Edited by Vante
  • Like 1

'Significant drop of players'

Except that RIOT dropping off harder than Fight Club. If Fight Club actually gets removed while the abomination that is RIOT gets to stay I will laugh. 

Note: I am not a fight club shill. I actually hate fight club but at least it fits with APB and serves a purpose.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

They should have spent the time they spent on RIOT on fight club instead.

If they remove fight club and replace it with riot I don't think I'm going to play this game anymore. It's the place to play if you want a casual experience and don't want to go full try hard.

Edited by StunStick
Addition
  • Thanks 1

I wanted to play apb just for fc, i even wanted it to be like the main reason to play apb since its full time fun.

It could be seasoned so well, apb could have been great.

I think that Matt (LO) is sad because almost everyone does not like his new mode ... it must feel like shit ... all just want a full server with lots of fun and happiness
but we get a new mode that nobody needs...the time has expired, i've been asking myself for a long time how you want to get all the players back... 

too much mistakes have been made.. AGAIN. I can no longer watch as every company fails. 

It's not over yet but my heart is bleeding... I see a crying child that no one helps😪

i don’t think there are any plans for fc

that announcement last year resulted in a lot of hullabaloo, and mattscott eventually said fc wouldn’t be removed

Edited by Glaciers
typo

I want to play RIOT tomorrow.

Does it drop JTs? If yeah... then I don't care.

If it don't. Then...

But honestly... I don't think RIOT gonna be ever alive if requirements to even start game are so high in it.

FC should stay, despite it's cancer.

(I just showed my own self-interest and focus - which is JT tickets. I agree about "FC remaining" points tho. - FC got more sense than RIOT. Out of blue some company does battle royale with APB factions. Yeah. No.)

Edited by Mitne

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

'Significant drop of players'

Except that RIOT dropping off harder than Fight Club. If Fight Club actually gets removed while the abomination that is RIOT gets to stay I will laugh. 

Note: I am not a fight club shill. I actually hate fight club but at least it fits with APB and serves a purpose.

i plus 1 this

I dont like fightclub but it is better than riot

Turn off fight club districts for a week and see what happens:)))

Also - more content to play gives bigger variety. I like logging in and seeing 3 different game mode options.

All I'm going to say is that LittleOrbit should look at which PvP districts are the most active and full with players.

I'm not going to insult Matt's Intelligence as the numbers speak for themselves.

"Lets kill fc so people that enjoy it is forced to move to riot and forcefully have 'fun' there", results: ?.

Edited by BlueB

I don't think they will be removing fight club, considering they are adding new stuff to the joker store

13 hours ago, Vante said:

Hello.

To be honest, I haven't been updated on this topic for a while, so I'm not 100% sure if these plans have been changed.

But back in June 2018, @MattScott announced that Fight Club would eventually be replaced by a new mode called "Riot", and possibly removed.

June 29, Matt said: "Spoiler: I am going to get rid of Fight Club and Open Conflict[...] FC will stay in until we fully release the new mode, and we see a significant drop off in FC players."

On June 30, he explained a bit more and said that there will be a new mode called "Riot" will be added to the game and eventually maybe replace OC and Fight Club
"Internally the new mode is being called "Riot". It will go to OTW long before we add it to production, and we can run it as a replacement to Open Conflict. ".

Here he also explained that he was a bit unclear in the post from June 29th.

And almost a year later, we got the new mode, Riot. So... what are the plans for Fight Club? 

For me, Fight Club is one of the reasons I still play APB, and I see no point in removing it entirely. Though I can totally say that Fight Club is far from perfect, and has never been perfect. It needs a lot of changes and fixes, such as those disgusting spawns in Baylan, and boring mission objectives in Asylum.

What do the community think about this? And how can they make FC better?

you claim what was not in principle . the above statement looks like nonsense . Fight clubs are very viable arenas .

Edited by Yood